PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Content Post Let's Talk Free Agency 2024

This has an opening post with good commentary and information, which we definitely recommend reading.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diontae Johnson is being made available by the Steelers for a trade.

The wild thing about the Steelers is that they are complimented over and over again for their great WR drafting.

And yet, they don't put up with fools easily.

This is a team that doesn't really put up with antics, and we have plenty of examples: they let Santonio go, Plaxico was sent away when he acted up, Antonio Brown, JuJu had contract squabbles, Mike Wallace and Emanuel Sanders didn't get the bag, claypool complained and was shipped.

It really is mind-boggling to see the number of WRs who have been considered selfish there and sent away.

It's Diontae's turn now.

Any doubt that Pickens is next 2 years from now?

The Steelers should jump and trade from Rome Odunze, a guy who shows solid character and leadership.
That's obviously because they're very good at drafting talented WRs, so why give them 2nd contracts for one of the most expensive positions when they can be swapped by a rookie. Patriots have been the complete opposite of what they do. Hopefully that's changing starting NOW.

Not technically a FA, but..

I wonder if Jeudy replaces Amari Cooper, and then the Browns trade Cooper. That would clear some money off their books. Pats might be interested in that deal.

I was really hoping that we could get rid of Mac and a pick for juedy.

He’s playing on his 5th year option and he wasn’t that good last year. Pretty clear Denver messed up taking him over Lamb and Jefferson.
Yea, I'm not high on Jeudy. He seems to have under performed for a #15 pick. The $13M isn't bad at all, if he were a true WR1. Next.

More Chris Jones cryptic shenanigans

More Chris Jones cryptic shenanigans

Prob going to hit the market, wonder how interested NE would be in him.

Yea, I'm not high on Jeudy. He seems to have under performed for a #15 pick. The $13M isn't bad at all, if he were a true WR1. Next.
I would easy take him for this draft capital so cheap , the late rounds picks were wasted picks in the last years anyway

Glad to see Jones didn’t give KC the team friendly discount.

Looks like it is a 3 year deal with 2 void years at the end. With him and Madubuike signing big contracts it seems like the market is set for Wilkins.

Guregian has an article on Masslive that is behind paywall, and no way am I paying for Masslive. However the question is the critical question for their future, will Kraft let Wolf build them to contender status the right way, or is it going to be win one for Bob before he dies. If it’s the latter then they are completely screwed, as that just doesn’t happen, and they will blow all of their resources and dig a big old hole for themselves if they try to do that. But we will know soon enough, because if Baker Mayfield or Russell Wilson walks through that door then that’s exactly what they will be trying to do, and it will be decades before they ever win a Lombardi again.

#3 - QB
#34 - OT
#68 - WR
#104 - TE
#136 - OT
#182 - WR
#229 - K

It’s a sensible outline, but you still have to see how the board falls on draft night. If a player like Guyton is still there I would run the card up to podium, but if the run on tackles is too high and Adonai Mitchell is still available then they have seriously consider him. But if both are available I would still go with Guyton. And I still love T’Vondre Sweat at 34, that’s two defensive lineman in one pick.

Maybe trade down at 34 and trade up from 68. Try to get 3 picks inside 50

This is a good idea. There’s a chance they could do this, get a good OT, T’Vondre Sweat, and a really good WR between 40-65. That would be a phenomenal day.two.

From ESPN this morning:

Fowler: Expect the Patriots to swing big on receiver Calvin Ridley. The Jaguars are very interested in keeping Ridley but haven't been able to close the deal.

The Patriots were in on Jerry Jeudy before the receiver was traded to Cleveland, but they wanted to wait until free agency before committing to a receiver, likely because they have their eyes on a few.

I really like the first 2 moves of the Pats prior to FA:
- Get a starting RT for $4M (Onwenu likely gone for top $)
- Re-sign your most consistent pass-catcher & starting TE the last 3 years - $9M

I think LT & TE will be drafted (1st/2nd & 3rd/4th round) respectively

Mac Jones to the Jags
A 6th? Don't know yet for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back