PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Go Chiefs! - Week 5 NFL Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4p games are why I love the NFL more than any other sport. Don't have a dog in any of the fights. Had all 3 losers winning. And, didn't think the games would be all that competitive. Not so fast. Wrong on all 3 accounts. Max Hall over Drew Brees?? Yeah right. Titans aren't bad but Dallas looked impressive throttling Houston the other week and were at home. Oakland had lost 13 straight to SD. The NFL is really the only sport where I watch other teams play. I like baseball, hockey and basketball. But, when Sox, Bruins or Celtics aren't playing. I rarely watch other teams until the playoffs.

Same; last time I tried to watch a team other than the Red Sox play, I fell asleep in the 5th inning. I don't really care what happens in non-Patriots NFL games, but they usually find a way to be entertaining as hell. There's also nothing quite like watching Alex Smith or Jake Delhomme to make you appreciate how good Brady really is.

Last edited:
Re: F.U. Phillip Rivers

who cares oakland still only has one win. and i don't think the pats want a top 5 pick

pick #2 Ndamukong Suh, 12 million a year,

pick #3 Gerald McCoy, 11 million a year,

pick #4 Trent Williams, 10 million a year,

pick #5 Eric Berry, 10 million a year, highest-paid safety in NFL history.

only Ndamukong Suh, is makeing a impact in the NFL with he's 3 sacks, IMO only Robert Quinn, OLB is worth a top 5 pick in next years Draft if the pats can get him then he's worth the 10 or 11 million a year. if not trade down.

there will be a slotted rookie salary in 2012...it is the top discussion/roadblock for the next CBA...that is why BB wanted Oakland #1 in 2012. Rookies will not be making that much in there first contract.

there will be a slotted rookie salary in 2012...it is the top discussion/roadblock for the next CBA...that is why BB wanted Oakland #1 in 2012. Rookies will not be making that much in there first contract.

Again, it was Davis who didn't want to give up OAK's second last year more than BB demanding this year's first.

That said, I can only hope that the Patriots ST can embarrass them even more thoroughly than Oakland's did.

who cares oakland still only has one win. and i don't think the pats want a top 5 pick

pick #2 Ndamukong Suh, 12 million a year,

pick #3 Gerald McCoy, 11 million a year,

pick #4 Trent Williams, 10 million a year,

pick #5 Eric Berry, 10 million a year, highest-paid safety in NFL history.

only Ndamukong Suh, is makeing a impact in the NFL with he's 3 sacks, IMO only Robert Quinn, OLB is worth a top 5 pick in next years Draft if the pats can get him then he's worth the 10 or 11 million a year. if not trade down.

As already pointed out they have two wins, but with the new CBA what top picks got in the past could be irrelevant. If the rookie cap goes in place, the top 5 picks might not get nearly as much as they got this year. In fact, their guaranteed money could be lower than the average anual salaries of the top five picks this year.

SF on the board....7-0

Between last week and this week, I'm really liking Schmitt. I wish the Pats would go and get a FB like him.

This game has shootout written all over it. Eagles are already missing Asante.

Last edited:
Between last week and this week, I'm really liking Schmitt. I wish the Pats would go and get a FB like him.

This game has shootout written all over it. Eagles are already missing Asante.
Wow what a block :eek: but McCoy looks great this year what a difference! What looked like a risky throw turns into a TD nice play..

Last edited:
Just came to post that! I loved him coming out of WV. He could be the Pat Chung of the offense!

Just came to post that! I loved him coming out of WV. He could be the Pat Chung of the offense!

Hahaha, I remember when he was drafted, his profile was one of the funniest I'd ever seen. Between the mohawk, the highlights, and the announcers basically calling him out for being certifiably insane, you knew his career would be interesting.

EDIT: holy ****, I was trying to dig that up and I found this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xasmn3_hd-owen-schmitt-seattle-just-might_sport

Gets interesting at around 24 seconds. Not bad, but not for the totally squeamish, I guess. Schmitt is the man.

Last edited:
Yeah, that love of contact cannot be taught. He adds a BA attitude whenever he plays :cool:

Hahaha, I remember when he was drafted, his profile was one of the funniest I'd ever seen. Between the mohawk, the highlights, and the announcers basically calling him out for being certifiably insane, you knew his career would be interesting.

EDIT: holy ****, I was trying to dig that up and I found this: Dailymotion - (HD) Owen Schmitt (Seattle) just might be insane - a Sports & Extreme video

Gets interesting at around 24 seconds. Not bad, but not for the totally squeamish, I guess. Schmitt is the man.

Reminds me of Jon Ritchie, who seemed to be always bleeding from his forehead.

So... are the 49ers allowed to admit that Alex Smith just sucks yet? To think that Aaron Rodgers fell into the 20s on his account...

Situational football...just another reason Im grateful for BB. Its pretty safe to assume that we won't see BJGE make a play like that.

So... are the 49ers allowed to admit that Alex Smith just sucks yet? To think that Aaron Rodgers fell into the 20s on his account...

That fumble is going down as one of the stupidest plays of the year. I just could not believe my eyes.

The 2010 NFC West may be a contender for the "Worst Division of All Time" award, if there was such a thing. I envy teams that have to play that division. Talk about four easy wins. To think, one of these teams is going to "earn" a playoff spot.

Last edited:
Damn, looks like we might find out how good (or bad) the Dolphins really are. Coming off a bye against what will appear to be Green Bay's second string team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back