PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Go Chiefs! - Week 5 NFL Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: F.U. Phillip Rivers

I was so cut about this. Just take a kneel or run it simply up the middle... how the **** can you get called for holding when you are there to win the game easily with a field goal... they literally gave the game away

PAYBACK FOR THE TUCK RULE CALL??
The refs knew there was a good chance of a chain-whipping in the parking lot if they overturned that play so I guess we can write it off to self-preservation.
lol.........thats oakland for u ..............

I'd rather see SD loose than a higher draft pick hell I will even let Al Davis have this one. I think I hate SD more than any team thats not in our division including the colts and giants.

PAYBACK FOR THE TUCK RULE CALL??

Why else would a ref look at a replay and see the ball fly forward 15-20ft and then decide the QB's hand wasn't moving forward??? The Oakland player never touched the ball but Rivers' hand wasn't going forward?? - then explain the instant and sudden forward movement of the ball.

The refs knew there was a good chance of a chain-whipping in the parking lot if they overturned that play so I guess we can write it off to self-preservation.

The awful call probably cost us 2-4 spots in the draft.

exactly... need every loss we can to get that top 5 pick

Re: OT: All of the 30 CARDINALS points today.......

...........were scored on
INTERCEPTION RETURN FOR TOUCHDOWN
THREE FIELD GOALS
TWO FUMBLES RETURNED FOR TOUCHDOWN

not exactly what the pats did last week but pretty close...........

no offensive touchdown for the cards and yet they defeat the saints

did espn discount it as a fluke win?

No team will be worse than the Bills in 2010, so today's Raider win is meaningless if you want NE to have the #1 pick.

It's looking increasingly likely that it might not be a top 5, and maybe not even a top 10, pick though. That would be a shame; I don't think anyone's holding out hope for #1. Not in a league that includes the Bills, the Panthers, the 49ers, the Browns, and the Lions.

Wouldn't be a Sunday on Patsfans without sanctimonious platitudes from MLR. With that, I declare this week complete.

I refrain from taking moral lessons from anyone who names himself after the hit that almost got Drew Bledsoe killed.

:blahblah: You should do a podcast on the relevance of screen names. Should do more on fantasy football savvy, too.

Re: OT: All of the 30 CARDINALS points today.......

FG Jay Feely, 37 Yd, 11:15. Drive: 10 plays, 31 yards in 5:15.
TD Levi Brown, 2 Yd fumble return (Jay Feely kick is good), 2:19.
FG Jay Feely, 44 Yd, 9:04. Drive: 7 plays, 34 yards in 4:17.
FG Jay Feely, 29 Yd, 11:39. Drive: 10 plays, 69 yards in 4:48.
TD Kerry Rhodes, 27 Yd fumble return (Jay Feely kick is good), 10:39.
TD Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, 28 Yd interception return (Jay Feely kick is good), 0:10.

Looking on the bright side. While it wasn't a good day for our first round pick, our Second, Fourth and Sixth round pick all improved their spots.

Hopefully our third round pick will decline in value tomorrow.

Well, I bleeped up not starting him. Oh well, at least I didn't play Collie, Hillis and Foster.

I dodged a bullet on those but took a bazooka rocket for Rivers. I wish I hadn't started Ryan instead.

:blahblah: You should do a podcast on the relevance of screen names. Should do more on fantasy football savvy, too.

Now you're supposed to tell me to get off your lawn and talk about how everything used to cost a nickel.

Not sure where you're getting the fantasy football thing from, though. I don't play much, and definitely don't take it seriously. My draft strategy is basically to take as many Pats as possible since theirs is the only game I really care about anyways.

Last edited:
don't sell your moms short...she cost TWICE that...:rofl:

(sawree...cheap gratuitous shots are genetic in my case)

Last edited:

It's looking increasingly likely that it might not be a top 5, and maybe not even a top 10, pick though. That would be a shame; I don't think anyone's holding out hope for #1. Not in a league that includes the Bills, the Panthers, the 49ers, the Browns, and the Lions.

What is really scary is that the change to Jason Campbell really looked like a good move,the Raiders seemed to wake up and the defense was tough

If San Diego continues to regress on defense and Kansas City and Denver falter, the Raiders actually have a shot at that division..the weakest in the NFL by far.

who cares oakland still only has one win. and i don't think the pats want a top 5 pick

pick #2 Ndamukong Suh, 12 million a year,

pick #3 Gerald McCoy, 11 million a year,

pick #4 Trent Williams, 10 million a year,

pick #5 Eric Berry, 10 million a year, highest-paid safety in NFL history.

only Ndamukong Suh, is makeing a impact in the NFL with he's 3 sacks, IMO only Robert Quinn, OLB is worth a top 5 pick in next years Draft if the pats can get him then he's worth the 10 or 11 million a year. if not trade down.

who cares oakland still only has one win. and i don't think the pats want a top 5 pick

only Ndamukong Suh, is makeing a impact in the NFL with he's 3 sacks, IMO only Robert Quinn, OLB is worth a top 5 pick in next years Draft if the pats can get him then he's worth the 10 or 11 million a year. if not trade down.

Oakland has TWO wins

They could win again next week against a 1-4 or possible 0-5 SF team who plays Philly tonight

Last edited:

That's 2 wins now for the Raiders, and the assumption is probably that there will be a rookie cap by the time the draft rolls around. Either way, if we want to replace Seymour, it'll probably take a top-5 pick to do it.

Speaking of Trent Williams, did anyone else see his knee injury today? Looked pretty bad

Last edited:

What is really scary is that the change to Jason Campbell really looked like a good move,the Raiders seemed to wake up and the defense was tough

If San Diego continues to regress on defense and Kansas City and Denver falter, the Raiders actually have a shot at that division..the weakest in the NFL by far.

Yeah, definitely- the NFC West is still worse for my money, but the AFC West is no prize either. I still think the Raiders are the least likely of the four teams to win that division, but I could see that first rounder being closer to #16 than #3, definitely.

Last edited:
The 4p games are why I love the NFL more than any other sport. Don't have a dog in any of the fights. Had all 3 losers winning. And, didn't think the games would be all that competitive. Not so fast. Wrong on all 3 accounts. Max Hall over Drew Brees?? Yeah right. Titans aren't bad but Dallas looked impressive throttling Houston the other week and were at home. Oakland had lost 13 straight to SD. The NFL is really the only sport where I watch other teams play. I like baseball, hockey and basketball. But, when Sox, Bruins or Celtics aren't playing. I rarely watch other teams until the playoffs.

Yeah, definitely- the NFC West is still worse for my money, but the AFC West is no prize either. I still think the Raiders are the least likely of the four teams to win that division, but I could see that first rounder being closer to #16 than #3, definitely.

2 and 14. They are going 2 and 14.

And next year should could and needs to have a rookie cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes