PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Go Chiefs! - Week 5 NFL Games Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bye week game day thread would be a rousing success if some of you actually learn something from today's participation and life's football lessons... But I fear given the track record here abouts, that will be asking too much.
lol.............well said :rocker:

Re: F.U. Phillip Rivers

I know right!!! Havent lost to them in 7 years haha FU RIVERS!!!

Both teams don't offer us any real competition.

I could care less about draft spots during week 5. Half the first round will be busts, half won't.

************ please stop making threads. Its not Philip Rivers fault that he has 2 seconds to get rid of the ball.

Antonio Gates is to blame on this one. Holding on 1st and 10 from the 23 knocked them out of FG range and led to the rivers fumble. Expect more painful raiders victories this year.

Look at the bright side...the Patriots continued thier long winning streak against the Bills while the Raiders finally ended their long losing streak against the Chargers

It could have been reversed :cool:

This is a good thing. It helps us more in the AFC standings this season than one more win or loss will help that draft pick in 2011. It's still going to be a top ten pick, probably a top 6 pick.

dude calm down.......... the raiders will find ways to loose, worst case scenario :pATS end up with a top 5 pick in first round.....
the good thin though,the chargers may not make it to the playoffs

I hate to say it but if the Chargers had kept LT another year this might have been the game where they didn't have to throw the ball on that fumble return for TD and just ran the ball for the winning score

I really don't care, to be honest. On my fantasy team, neither Arian Foster nor Jones-Drew showed up today. Rivers, along with Hakeem Nicks, helped save my ass. If I eek out a win (up by 4 right now), it will be because of them.

Philip Rivers has the ugliest damn throw I have ever seen.

Who wanted the fist overall pick anyway?

There's a whole lot of people who deserve blame, and Rivers isn't one of them. 1) that wasn't a fumble, and should've been overturned. 2) blame the Chargers' ST or whoever fumbled the ball on the 1. They both did a lot worse than Rivers did.

Philip Rivers has the ugliest damn throw I have ever seen.

Definitely. He looks like a man with Down's Syndrome having a seizure every time he passes.

No team will be worse than the Bills in 2010, so today's Raider win is meaningless if you want NE to have the #1 pick.

Is Mike Singletary trying to get fired? He just said that his greatest strength as a coach is his ability to surround himself with guys who are more knowledgeable than he is.

This bye week game day thread would be a rousing success if some of you actually learn something from today's participation and life's football lessons... But I fear given the track record here abouts, that will be asking too much.

Wouldn't be a Sunday on Patsfans without sanctimonious platitudes from MLR. With that, I declare this week complete.

I refrain from taking moral lessons from anyone who names himself after the hit that almost got Drew Bledsoe killed.

Last edited:
PAYBACK FOR THE TUCK RULE CALL??

Why else would a ref look at a replay and see the ball fly forward 15-20ft and then decide the QB's hand wasn't moving forward??? The Oakland player never touched the ball but Rivers' hand wasn't going forward?? - then explain the instant and sudden forward movement of the ball.

The refs knew there was a good chance of a chain-whipping in the parking lot if they overturned that play so I guess we can write it off to self-preservation.

The awful call probably cost us 2-4 spots in the draft.

Re: OT: All of the 30 CARDINALS points today.......

...........were scored on
INTERCEPTION RETURN FOR TOUCHDOWN
THREE FIELD GOALS
TWO FUMBLES RETURNED FOR TOUCHDOWN

not exactly what the pats did last week but pretty close...........

no offensive touchdown for the cards and yet they defeat the saints

one of the fumbles was an offensive lineman recovering when the QB (Lane) got knocked into an alternate universe and running two yds to the end zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back