PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Lawrence Guy officially re-signs

Great news! He's been an underrated player on the DL, and didn't get the help he deserved.

Before this signing, I was fairly sure we'd go DT in the top 100 picks. But with Guy, Godchaux, Anderson, etc, I'm not sure it's as much of a priority, although I expect to add some young blood.

EDGE: Judon, Van Noy, Winovich, Uche (LB), Jennings (LB)
IDL: Godchaux, Guy, Anderson, Wise, Davis
LB: Hightower, McMillan
CB: Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, Williams
S: McCourty, Dugger, Phillips, Mills (DB), Bryant (DB)

Let’s go. It’s clear as day they are making an aggressive move for a QB in the draft.

EDGE: Judon, Van Noy, Winovich, Uche (LB), Jennings (LB)
IDL: Godchaux, Guy, Anderson, Wise, Davis
LB: Hightower, Bentley, McMillan
CB: Gilmore, Jackson, Jones, Williams
S: McCourty, Dugger, Phillips, Mills (DB), Bryant (DB)

Let’s go. It’s clear as day they are making an aggressive move for a QB in the draft.

No. Actually, it's not.. You're ignoring that they could, very easily, trade back and take one of the excellent OTs in this draft. And they still need someone to develop behind Hightower if it's not Winovich. They also don't have a youngster for the IDL. And depending on how far they trade back, they could look at a CB since Gilmore is on the last year of his deal and Jackson's on an RFA tender. And there is always the outside chance the Pats like Waddle or Smith.

This year's draft is ok for QB depth. Next's years draft is supposed to be significantly deeper especially with a couple of the guys having decided to return for their senior seasons.

Moving UP for a QB is just one potential move. The other moves I've mentioned are just as much in play.

This is fantastic! And I agree, looks like a trade up for a qb could be likely

Hell yeah.

This Guy...:evil:

This DL with these linebackers? Yum!

530cgm.gif

We're running out of roster spots no?

Sounds like we might be trading the entire draft to move up for someone.

I think we're somewhere in the mid 70s when the limit is 90. That could mean we have a small draft class, or it could mean we forego the usual dozen UDFA signings. Probably depends on how the draft shakes out.

We're running out of roster spots no?

Sounds like we might be trading the entire draft to move up for someone.
No such thing. None of these people should be promised a spot. Cut em, trade em, whatever it takes. Win. No promises. There is always room for more talent.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back