Status
Not open for further replies.

NE_Zealot

Keep your stick on the ice!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is this guy serious?

Why Aaron Rodgers is better than Tom Brady

Cherry-picks some useless stats like passer rating to favorably compare Rodgers to Brady. Also says Rodgers is better than the GOAT because of the one head-to-head win in 2014. One-ring wonder will never surpass TB12 in this lifetime, even called Tom the GOAT himself. Enjoy the Friday afternoon chuckle.

O97G1.gif

Rodgers is a top 10 all time QB IMO or will be by the time he retires. Nothing wrong putting him in the Brady convo but he is not better. He has more physical talent. For people who don't understand quartbacking or football as much I can see why they would think Rodgers is better.

I hope Rodgers gets another ring to surpass Gomer Manning. Rodgers has played well in some playoff losses. Gomer was always the reason they lost.

You had to go to the dark corners of the internet to find that one.

Clickbait

/thread

MSN front page, I suppose MSN can be considered a dark corner.

If it weren't for clickbait this forum wouldn't exist. I actually felt a little dirty posting it as I usually try to avoid it but this one was too funny.

Playing for Green Bay and their antiquated team building approach does Rodgers no favors.

Rodgers vs Brady

Statistically it is pretty much a dead heat since 2007 in the regular season. I'd give Rodgers a slight edge but really it is splitting hairs.

In the playoffs since 2007 Rodgers clearly has better stats than Brady yet even with those better stats since 2007 he has been 9-7 and 1 SB to Brady's 13-7 with 2 SBs wins.

So a lot of people will look at that and ask why is it when Rodgers is statistically better while wining less. Well that can't be answered easily but it has an answer and it boils down to this. Brady wins with his mind and Rodgers wins with his talent and Brady's mind is more reliable. The 2014 Seahawks are a great example of the difference between the 2 facing a very good D.

Rodgers faces it and gets a lot of short fields but against very good talent he can't convert it. Brady converts 4 of 5 times when in position to score. That is cause when Rodgers comes against a very talented D he runs out of answers. When Brady faces a talented D he doesn't try to beat them with his arm but manipulate it and attack where the D is weak. When Rodgers fails he runs around buying time and no one is open so he takes a sack or throws it away and people say "look how much time he bought! Look how athletic that was!" "He needs better players cause no one got open!" (while he has a good OL and good weapons). When Brady wins he throws it to guys right as they break or in soft spots so they are open cause he knows where those are and people say "look how open his guys are!" "He is just throwing to open guys for short gains how is that impressive?".

Honestly I find it very understandable why this happens.

OTOH, the longtime Packers beat writer isn't the biggest fan.

The MMQB: You documented how fortunate it was that Aaron Rodgers didn’t have to play the first couple of years—he just wasn’t ready.

McGinn: “He was a very poor player here for his first two summers and regular-season practices. Fortunately for him, and he knows that down deep, he didn’t have to play early. His delivery was a mess, bad body language, he didn’t know how to deal with teammates. He learned so much from Brett Favre on how to in some ways be one of the guys and relate, and he became much more of a leader. He was really poor and how many great players have ever had a start like that? Not that many. A lot of scouts look at that exhibition tape those first two years and he was a little bit better the third year, but not to any degree, and then he just really developed. He lost a lot of close games in ’08, but by ’09 he was playing great and by 2010 he was maybe the best in the business. And then there have been a lot of playoff disappointments and poor performances. It’s a quarterback league and all the rules are designed for that quarterback to dominate, and he hasn’t done it in the most important times since 2010.

The Exit Interview: Bob McGinn, Packers Journalist | The MMQB with Peter King

Rodgers is a top 10 all time QB IMO or will be by the time he retires.

Who's he going to knock out? He's not cracking the top 8

Baugh
Brady
Starr
Graham
Montana
Staubach
Unitas
Young

Two spots left, and you're going to have to slot Rodgers above all but 1 of the following:

Favre
P. Manning
Elway
Marino
Bradshaw
Brees
Tarkenton
Kelly
Aikman
Warner
Fouts
Roethlisberger
Moon

Good luck with that.

Who's he going to knock out? He's not cracking the top 8

Baugh
Brady
Starr
Graham
Montana
Staubach
Unitas
Young

Two spots left, and you're going to have to slot Rodgers above all but 1 of the following:

Favre
P. Manning
Elway
Marino
Bradshaw
Brees
Tarkenton
Kelly
Aikman
Warner
Fouts
Roethlisberger
Moon

Good luck with that.

Unless he does something special from here on out - no way is top 10 all time.

It's odd how this is a recurring argument despite the landslide of evidence in Brady's favor.

Let's cut to the chase of what is really going on here..........

The bottom line is that people WANT Rodgers to be better than Brady because he has flashier highlights. He's got a cannon for an arm, can scramble to extend a play, and acquired some amazing highlights over the years. Brady reads defenses extremely well and executes the right reads. One is flashier than the other but it does NOT make him better.

A hockey equivalent to this would be Marty Brodeur vs Tim Thomas. Thomas had an incredible 2011 post season and had a TON of jaw-dropping saves that made you think 'how did he do that?'. A lot of those flashy saves, however, came because he found himself out of position in the first place. I don't even think Boston people would argue that Thomas is better than Brodeur. Brodeur is not flashy but has great fundamentals and got the job done.

If you want to argue who is flashier, Rodgers or Brady, well go ahead and knock yourselves out. If you want to argue who is a better quarterback then you are insane......there is NO ARGUMENT! It's Brady.

Rodgers is a top 10 all time QB IMO or will be by the time he retires. Nothing wrong putting him in the Brady convo but he is not better. He has more physical talent. For people who don't understand quartbacking or football as much I can see why they would think Rodgers is better.
He just seems like a pompous, self righteous ass. Just my opinion from afar. He is no Brady, in way more reasons than rings. I don't care for the guy much as a person.

Rodgers vs Brady

Statistically it is pretty much a dead heat since 2007 in the regular season. I'd give Rodgers a slight edge but really it is splitting hairs.

In the playoffs since 2007 Rodgers clearly has better stats than Brady yet even with those better stats since 2007 he has been 9-7 and 1 SB to Brady's 13-7 with 2 SBs wins.

So a lot of people will look at that and ask why is it when Rodgers is statistically better while wining less. Well that can't be answered easily but it has an answer and it boils down to this. Brady wins with his mind and Rodgers wins with his talent and Brady's mind is more reliable. The 2014 Seahawks are a great example of the difference between the 2 facing a very good D.

Rodgers faces it and gets a lot of short fields but against very good talent he can't convert it. Brady converts 4 of 5 times when in position to score. That is cause when Rodgers comes against a very talented D he runs out of answers. When Brady faces a talented D he doesn't try to beat them with his arm but manipulate it and attack where the D is weak. When Rodgers fails he runs around buying time and no one is open so he takes a sack or throws it away and people say "look how much time he bought! Look how athletic that was!" "He needs better players cause no one got open!" (while he has a good OL and good weapons). When Brady wins he throws it to guys right as they break or in soft spots so they are open cause he knows where those are and people say "look how open his guys are!" "He is just throwing to open guys for short gains how is that impressive?".

Honestly I find it very understandable why this happens.
Every Packers game I've watched, as soon as they get near the endzone, it's the Aaron Rodgers show; he's always calling his own number. Might explain why Brady converts more in position to score. Brady doesn't appear to care how he scores, and is just as happy to hand it off.

I think Eddie Lacey at his peak had like 4 rushing touchdowns in one year. On a high scoring team like the Packers.

Edit: nvm, in 2015 Lacey had 3 touchdowns in 15 starts, but the previous 2 years he had 9 and 11.

Did he and Olivia Munn break up?

Has he made peace with his parents?

That's really the only post of value reading in this worthless thread.

He's not better than Tom. He never was and he never will be. Period. Discussion over.

I thought this year's playoffs summed it up best.

Both teams played a great Falcons team. Packers went down big and ATL was seemingly unstoppable. Watch Rodgers the rest of the game. Horrible body language, negative interactions with his teammates, and got roped in to passive aggressive hostility with the Falcons. I remember him walking past a defender on the sideline and hitting him with his shoulder like a d-bag would do to you at a bar. They were in his head. He had his spirit broken and played like a loser. Ironically the Packers weren't doing that badly, they just had a couple things not to their way and it got out of control.

Now compare that to Brady. He threw the pick six, tried to stay with the play, put his head down for a second (in an image that was captured for posterity by the early editions), then got back up and went to work. We all know what happened then. He told his teammates they would be part of the greatest comeback ever, and he was right.

It's like night and day, in the same postseason. Rodgers may be more mobile, slightly more accurate, throw some great Hail Marys. Whatever. If I have to choose someone to lead my team into the scrum, there's no question who I'd choose. People who say otherwise are just trolling or don't understand football.

I thought this year's playoffs summed it up best.

Both teams played a great Falcons team. Packers went down big and ATL was seemingly unstoppable. Watch Rodgers the rest of the game. Horrible body language, negative interactions with his teammates, and got roped in to passive aggressive hostility with the Falcons. I remember him walking past a defender on the sideline and hitting him with his shoulder like a d-bag would do to you at a bar. They were in his head. He had his spirit broken and played like a loser. Ironically the Packers weren't doing that badly, they just had a couple things not to their way and it got out of control.

Now compare that to Brady. He threw the pick six, tried to stay with the play, put his head down for a second (in an image that was captured for posterity by the early editions), then got back up and went to work. We all know what happened then. He told his teammates they would be part of the greatest comeback ever, and he was right.

It's like night and day, in the same postseason. Rodgers may be more mobile, slightly more accurate, throw some great Hail Marys. Whatever. If I have to choose someone to lead my team into the scrum, there's no question who I'd choose. People who say otherwise are just trolling or don't understand football.
Bingo.

That's what separates passers from quarterbacks.

It's also what separates quarterbacks from GOATs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back