PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Landry Jones expected to start for Steelers (Roethlisberger: torn meniscus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't get too excited yet - the Pats D under Matt Patricia has made guys like Tyrod Taylor, Jason Campbell, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Ryan Tannehil look like all pros. Pats D needs to get some early 3 and outs so the offense, hopefully, can get up on Pittsburgh early and take the crowd out...kinda like 04 AFC title game...

Hopefully he can make Landry Jones look like Aaron Rodgers.

I didn't realize Matt Patricia is also a talented make-up artist, in addition to being a rocket scientist. I wonder if he could make Joe Flacco look like the Heath Ledger Joker, but an African-American version...that would be awesome.

There was a lot of talk about Steelers being elite... but they have two horrible losses against teams with middle of the road records, before they lost Ben. Time will tell if the Steelers were really good. If Ben has an extended absence its over for them.
I certainly agree, the jury is still out on whether this is (unlikely!) or can be (maybe?) an elite team.

That said, the Steelers' dominance in their wins has sort of masked the fact that they have actually had some significant injuries, in areas where they can't afford them. Granted, injuries are part of the game. But some years you have better luck than others...if they can keep Heyward and Shazier (and of course Ben) right for the 2nd half of the year, and with some additional development, they *could* still be in the thick of things later on.

Tough to see anyone --Steelers included, even at full health -- derailing the Pats this year though.

There was a lot of talk about Steelers being elite... but they have two horrible losses against teams with middle of the road records, before they lost Ben. Time will tell if the Steelers were really good. If Ben has an extended absence its over for them.

This last game turned on the play where Roethlisberger got injured.

I hear you.

As a side note, I think Bryant getting the year is yet another example of the asininity of league's policies.
Gotta hand it to them: every other NFL policy may be a complete sh*tshow...but when it comes to marijuana, the NFL is on the case!

(Martavis is still a grade-A knucklehead btw.)

The Pats won't be able to stop Jones, they can only hope to contain him!

Can anyone explain to me why brady gets so jacked up vs Pittsburgh everytime we play them? I mean JACKED up screaming at teammates, celebrating touchdowns, etc

He gets so amped

Can anyone explain to me why brady gets so jacked up vs Pittsburgh everytime we play them? I mean JACKED up screaming at teammates, celebrating touchdowns, etc

He gets so amped
He hates that they took our spot in the SB during 2008.

Why have the surgery now, is my question? He could have played through that. Hell a Freshman on my son's wrestling team wrestled the entire season with two torn meniscus. Had surgery right after the season. One at a time, had the first one let it heal then had the second.

But he's Mr tough guy. Just like McNabb with the sports hernia. Brady played through it, I guarantee he'd play through a meniscus too.

Why have the surgery now, is my question? He could have played through that. Hell a Freshman on my son's wrestling team wrestled the entire season with two torn meniscus. Had surgery right after the season. One at a time, had the first one let it heal then had the second.

But he's Mr tough guy. Just like McNabb with the sports hernia. Brady played through it, I guarantee he'd play through a meniscus too.

Zo thinks he'll play....but how close to 100% can he be with that kind of injury, in the span of just a week?

Zo thinks he'll play....but how close to 100% can he be with that kind of injury, in the span of just a week?

I don't know about playing after the surgery. And honestly speaking all I know is how the kid I referenced in my post above looked. It took him about a week and a half before he could put pressure on it with a brace. And it was pretty stiff for about 3 or 4 weeks. But playing a week after seems to be a bit of a stretch IMO.

I don't know about playing after the surgery. And honestly speaking all I know is how the kid I referenced in my post above looked. It took him about a week and a half before he could put pressure on it with a brace. And it was pretty stiff for about 3 or 4 weeks. But playing a week after seems to be a bit of a stretch IMO.

I don't buy into the theory that he'll play, not for one second. I think that's a bit of a stretch, particularly with their bye week approaching after Sunday's game.

I think the cautious approach was the right call. It's a long season and there's no reason to have him continue playing on it at the moment. Again, I wonder if the upcoming bye made this a no-brainer?

He gets so amped

I think there are several reasons why Brady gets amped up a bit more for Pittsburgh week:

--the Bernard Pollard fan club t-shirt that circulated amongst their fanbase when he was injured

--the fact that they are a physical team who is one of our rivals year in, year out, in the same vein as BAL

--the **** talk in 2007 from their safety, who guaranteed a victory during the 16-0 season

--more **** talk/stupid tweets from losers like James Harrison after the SB loss. This includes last year's ridiculousness from HC Mike Tomlin when the headsets stopped working, etc

I certainly agree, the jury is still out on whether this is (unlikely!) or can be (maybe?) an elite team.

That said, the Steelers' dominance in their wins has sort of masked the fact that they have actually had some significant injuries, in areas where they can't afford them. Granted, injuries are part of the game. But some years you have better luck than others...if they can keep Heyward and Shazier (and of course Ben) right for the 2nd half of the year, and with some additional development, they *could* still be in the thick of things later on.

Tough to see anyone --Steelers included, even at full health -- derailing the Pats this year though.

Your level-headed and humble approach to posting makes me wonder if you're even really a Steeler fan. Either way, you are one of the examples that I use when I bring up respectful posters from other fanbases and I enjoy reading your thoughts.

Roethlisberger not playing is abreak for the pats. But they still have the 2 most explosive playmkaers in bell and brown and they are coming of a loss playing now at home. its a stiff challenge regardless of the QB.

Looks like Ben could be out a bit longer than expected.

Seems like they have to protect him from himself too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes