PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lance Kendricks cut, Obi Melifonwu to Practice Squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
They made three trades last week.
Cunningham is backup to 3 positions on OL.........Eluemunor is backup for 2 positions...Ferentz is backup center......8 OL is not comforting if Cannon is out for any length of time.....Just saying

It's good that Gunner was spared, from seeing various posts here, he has quickly become a fan favourite !

Brown isn't normally the psycho clown that he became. He's going to appreciate that he's surrounded by perfectionists/professionals and have a QB who would never throw him under the bus and always leads by his own example.

A pretty sterling example today was that Brady refused to criticize the obviously shaky snapping last night, turning the question back on himself:

“No, those were fine. I have no concerns,” Brady deflected during his weekly interview on The Greg Hill show on WEEI. “I think — nobody has played a full game yet except for last night. You go through the preseason and I only played in one preseason game, obviously.

Last edited:
A pretty sterling example today, was that Brady refused to criticize the obviously shaking snapping last night, turning the question back on himself:

This article is a gold mine for every suspicion you've ever had about Roethlisberger. He has completely torn the team apart, with last night's game being the total consequences of years of his huge ego trip. The difference between Roethlisberger and Brady is so starkly contrasting that it won't be surprising at all when Brown loves his new team.

How Mike Tomlin's Big Three Became Just Big Ben

Yet Brown was simply following in the footsteps of his quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, who had operated on an island for years under Tomlin. Roethlisberger wasn't required to stay at the team hotel for home games like his teammates. He also openly criticized them on his local radio show and often ignored them by showing up late to team meetings. All with few repercussions from the Steelers.

Many players on the team had come to accept this. Brown, as well as star running back Le'Veon Bell, did not. Brown would openly tell teammates how Roethlisberger had his own set of rules while the receiver justified his own behavior over the past few years, according to current and former Steelers players. Brown ripped the 15-year veteran quarterback privately, too, once calling him, according to two team sources, "a ****ing phony."
---
Several Steelers players say Brown's rebellion last year in particular took them aback. "I've never seen a guy transform so quickly, from good dude to a dude I didn't recognize," one Steelers player says. "He's someone I still admire. He was trying to change the way players are perceived. He just went about it the wrong way."
---
The Steelers' other missing star, Bell, also didn't hide his frustration over his relationship with Roethlisberger. While holding out last season, the running back stayed in contact with a number of Steelers players. Inside the locker room, Bell was viewed as one of the team's nicest players and best teammates. But when it came to the QB, Bell made his feelings clear, and they weren't so dissimilar to Brown's. "Ben demands loyalty," he told one Steelers player during last season, "but doesn't give it in return."
---
Not surprisingly, Roethlisberger's tardiness became an issue for the team's players council—a small group of veteran leaders that met away from coaches and the rest of the team to hash out problems among the players. Eventually, the council decided to address the issue with Roethlisberger, but before that happened, star safety Troy Polamalu informed Tomlin that they were going to talk with the quarterback.
---
Tomlin, however, informed Roethlisberger before the players could speak with him. The heads-up was seen by players as a massive breach of protocol and so severe that some players felt they could no longer trust their coach.

After being told of the rebuke to come, Roethlisberger went to Polamalu.

"I'm not late for stuff," Roethlisberger said.

"Yeah, you are, all the time," Polamalu responded.

Not long after, the venerated Polamalu came to understand the protections afforded Roethlisberger did not extend to other vets. Even a player as venerated as him.

Early in 2015, Polamalu received a voicemail from Tomlin.

The 12-year veteran was being cut, went the message, according to a person familiar with the call. Tomlin apologized and then hung up.

Polamalu was angry Tomlin didn't deliver the news in person. Rather than trying to catch on somewhere else after spending his career in Pittsburgh, Polamalu retired that April. He still lives in the area but has told Steelers players and others he will never return to the team until Tomlin is gone.

Few inside the locker room, sources say, felt Roethlisberger was ready to lead the team in place of those departed veterans. He wasn't known as a studier or leader, and players didn't believe Roethlisberger had the maturity to handle all of the complexities of the position, including setting an example for other players.

It wasn't long before Roethlisberger began taking advantage of his status, players say, and when he did, Tomlin didn't push back.

So AB and bell just wanted equality among the players and coaches...who runs that better than BB?

if AB turns into a happy gold mine here it will be one of the things I enjoy most about the BB/TB patriots run

Is this comment from the link true?:eek:

tylawspick6
says:
September 9, 2019 at 3:58 pm

All of the Pats WRS equal the same cap hit as one Odell Beckham.

True story.

Reason #1083 as to why we're where we are and the Browns are where they are. We know what to pay guys and when to pay guys. Belichick isn't afraid of trading a player or letting him walk because he believes in the coaching and the system we run. And if there's a big name player out there, we can get them cheaper because when a player comes here, they know they're going to be coached better than anywhere else and they're going to have a good chance to win.

Obi - Brown
Kendricks - Bodine?

I hope so.

If I see another floating snap that has more hang time than one of Bailey's punts......

Obi - Brown
Kendricks - Bodine?

I hope so.

If I see another floating snap that has more hang time than one of Bailey's punts......
Kendricks just came off suspension, he doesn't open up a roster spot. If Bodine ever comes back it'll probably be for Ferentz.

They've got 2 TEs, right now.
Ah, I keep forgetting LaCosse because he’s been injured. For some reason I keep thinking he’s on IR but he’s not.

Cunningham is backup to 3 positions on OL.........Eluemunor is backup for 2 positions...Ferentz is backup center......8 OL is not comforting if Cannon is out for any length of time.....Just saying
one of the three is starting
2 are backups
it is not at all clear that 7 OL's is enough.

Obi - Brown
Kendricks - Bodine?

I hope so.

No replacement for Kendricks. He wasnt on the 53.

Instead of ridding us of ObiWon & Kendricks, Bill should've rid us of the useless old rugby player & Matty LaCost.

Instead of ridding us of ObiWon & Kendricks, Bill should've rid us of the useless old rugby player & Matty LaCost.

Based upon what arguments?

This article is a gold mine for every suspicion you've ever had about Roethlisberger. He has completely torn the team apart, with last night's game being the total consequences of years of his huge ego trip. The difference between Roethlisberger and Brady is so starkly contrasting that it won't be surprising at all when Brown loves his new team.

How Mike Tomlin's Big Three Became Just Big Ben

Yet Brown was simply following in the footsteps of his quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, who had operated on an island for years under Tomlin. Roethlisberger wasn't required to stay at the team hotel for home games like his teammates. He also openly criticized them on his local radio show and often ignored them by showing up late to team meetings. All with few repercussions from the Steelers.

Many players on the team had come to accept this. Brown, as well as star running back Le'Veon Bell, did not. Brown would openly tell teammates how Roethlisberger had his own set of rules while the receiver justified his own behavior over the past few years, according to current and former Steelers players. Brown ripped the 15-year veteran quarterback privately, too, once calling him, according to two team sources, "a ****ing phony."
---
Several Steelers players say Brown's rebellion last year in particular took them aback. "I've never seen a guy transform so quickly, from good dude to a dude I didn't recognize," one Steelers player says. "He's someone I still admire. He was trying to change the way players are perceived. He just went about it the wrong way."
---
The Steelers' other missing star, Bell, also didn't hide his frustration over his relationship with Roethlisberger. While holding out last season, the running back stayed in contact with a number of Steelers players. Inside the locker room, Bell was viewed as one of the team's nicest players and best teammates. But when it came to the QB, Bell made his feelings clear, and they weren't so dissimilar to Brown's. "Ben demands loyalty," he told one Steelers player during last season, "but doesn't give it in return."
---
Not surprisingly, Roethlisberger's tardiness became an issue for the team's players council—a small group of veteran leaders that met away from coaches and the rest of the team to hash out problems among the players. Eventually, the council decided to address the issue with Roethlisberger, but before that happened, star safety Troy Polamalu informed Tomlin that they were going to talk with the quarterback.
---
Tomlin, however, informed Roethlisberger before the players could speak with him. The heads-up was seen by players as a massive breach of protocol and so severe that some players felt they could no longer trust their coach.

After being told of the rebuke to come, Roethlisberger went to Polamalu.

"I'm not late for stuff," Roethlisberger said.

"Yeah, you are, all the time," Polamalu responded.

Not long after, the venerated Polamalu came to understand the protections afforded Roethlisberger did not extend to other vets. Even a player as venerated as him.

Early in 2015, Polamalu received a voicemail from Tomlin.

The 12-year veteran was being cut, went the message, according to a person familiar with the call. Tomlin apologized and then hung up.

Polamalu was angry Tomlin didn't deliver the news in person. Rather than trying to catch on somewhere else after spending his career in Pittsburgh, Polamalu retired that April. He still lives in the area but has told Steelers players and others he will never return to the team until Tomlin is gone.

Few inside the locker room, sources say, felt Roethlisberger was ready to lead the team in place of those departed veterans. He wasn't known as a studier or leader, and players didn't believe Roethlisberger had the maturity to handle all of the complexities of the position, including setting an example for other players.

It wasn't long before Roethlisberger began taking advantage of his status, players say, and when he did, Tomlin didn't push back.
I take Bleacher report's unnamed sources with a grain of salt but Troy Polamalu not being around the Squealers organization is curious. Could there be some truth to it all?

I take Bleacher report's unnamed sources with a grain of salt but Troy Polamalu not being around the Squealers organization is curious. Could there be some truth to it all?

There have been rumblings about Roethlisberger being a total a-hole for many years, and very few guys have stepped up in his defense. I think this article is probably fairly accurate. It doesn’t paint Brown as a saint or anything, so it’s not like this is some excuse for his behavior, but it provides some context about the Steelers; we can see how dysfunctional the Steelers organization is. Ever since Ben became their “franchise face” they’ve underachieved and stood out for the wrong reasons. Tomlin basically crawling up Ben’s jockstrap and deferring to him sounds about right. Even after this whole fiasco, he was still allowed to have his stupid radio show before he decided to pull the plug. Brady is going to be a total night and day experience for Brown. Brown will be trying to keep up with Brady, rather than trying to see how much he can get away with since the phony QB breaks the rules all the time.

There have been rumblings about Roethlisberger being a total a-hole for many years, and very few guys have stepped up in his defense. I think this article is probably fairly accurate. It doesn’t paint Brown as a saint or anything, so it’s not like this is some excuse for his behavior, but it provides some context about the Steelers; we can see how dysfunctional the Steelers organization is. Ever since Ben became their “franchise face” they’ve underachieved and stood out for the wrong reasons. Tomlin basically crawling up Ben’s jockstrap and deferring to him sounds about right. Even after this whole fiasco, he was still allowed to have his stupid radio show before he decided to pull the plug. Brady is going to be a total night and day experience for Brown. Brown will be trying to keep up with Brady, rather than trying to see how much he can get away with since the phony QB breaks the rules all the time.
I'm leaning towards all this but I gotta stay on the fence because of unnamed sources. Definitely going to hope it works and this is all true. I mean the article confirms my opinion that the Squealers organization created this all. But I'm staying on the fence to see how it plays out. Exciting times ahead at least!

I'm leaning towards all this but I gotta stay on the fence because of unnamed sources. Definitely going to hope it works and this is all true. I mean the article confirms my opinion that the Squealers organization created this all. But I'm staying on the fence to see how it plays out. Exciting times ahead at least!

Well let’s look at the downside. During Brown’s season of discontent and distractions he still had 15 TDs and 1300 yards.

I really think this may have to do with keeping their word with a player they made a promise to, which is fine. Otherwise it doesn’t make sense.
This is one of the most ludicrous things ever said on this board. And somehow I think you are 100 percent correct. Who knew bill has a heart.

Best available free agent center is probably Stefan Wisniewski, cut by the Eagles. That is, if we want to use Thuny at RT and Karras at LG, if he can't snap better. That would be better IMO than the best street free agent RT. Lots of moving people around though. But still time to gel.

LOL, street free agent right tackle = street FART.

Any news of Free agent guards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes