PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lackey To Sox ??

Looks like we may as well elevate Tek to the role of starting catcher after Dice-K's pitiful performance through 2 innings. :mad:

DiceK was responsible for his shellacking tonight, not Saltalamacchia -- DiceK was throwing meatballs, up in the zone and over the middle of the plate.

Well Lackey pitched very well tonight. Not entirely sure why he was pulled with his pitch count in the low 90's. Okajima = meh. Why bring him on when Wheeler was pitching lights out?

Very good pitching performance by Oakland tonight but jesus the Red Sox batters look uncomfortable at the plate on any given appearance.

Last edited:
Well Lackey pitched very well tonight. Not entirely sure why he was pulled with his pitch count in the low 90's. Okajima = meh. Why bring him on when Wheeler was pitching lights out?

Very good pitching performance by Oakland tonight but jesus the Red Sox batters look uncomfortable at the plate on any given appearance.
Dear John,

find some ******* consistency.

yours truly,

ausbacker.

Dear John,

find some ******* consistency.

yours truly,

ausbacker.

Hoping Lackey really was hampered by injury, but skeptical.

His return as an inning eater, even at a relatively high ERA, would be a huge boost to the team for the full season. Aceves and Wake have done a great job filling in, but I'm not confident in either of them for a full year in the rotation.

Hoping Lackey really was hampered by injury, but skeptical.

His return as an inning eater, even at a relatively high ERA, would be a huge boost to the team for the full season. Aceves and Wake have done a great job filling in, but I'm not confident in either of them for a full year in the rotation.
It's becoming increasingly difficult to watch his erratic pitching. Someone like Lackey is going to be the key to the Sox winning another World Series.

* Pedroia is on fire defensively tonight.

Last edited:
I still don't like him ... but we are stuck with him ... :confused::confused::confused:

If he can pitch .500 I won't pick on him to much :eek:- it's the best I can promise. ;)

I still don't like him ... but we are stuck with him ... :confused::confused::confused:

If he can pitch .500 I won't pick on him to much :eek:- it's the best I can promise. ;)
He just needs that one little bit of consistency. He's in a handy environment with the offensive tear this team is on right now to be a little erratic (but I'd prefer if he weren't, especially come playoff time). Chico's right in that he's an innings eater. Wouldn't mind his play to be a little more commanding but as it is, we'll have to take it as a number 4.

Lackey's in that almost brigade. He's almost lights out. Almost.

BTW, you've got a year to keep up your Stanley Cup posting form Icy. Don't you forget it.

Last edited:
It's becoming increasingly difficult to watch his erratic pitching. Someone like Lackey is going to be the key to the Sox winning another World Series.

to me the key is beckett. right now hes making me eat my words and im prepared to open my mouth and insert my foot but il do that at the end of the year if i must . he needs to pitch like a ace and he must be 100 percent healthy if the sox are going to win a title.

to me the key is beckett. right now hes making me eat my words and im prepared to open my mouth and insert my foot but il do that at the end of the year if i must . he needs to pitch like a ace and he must be 100 percent healthy if the sox are going to win a title.
I don't disagree with Beckett being the key to the pitching success it's more given his form I expect Beckett, Lester and Bucholz to give the Red Sox a chance to win every single game they pitch. With Lackey, Wakefield and whoever else may pitch in there's question marks atm.

Beckett has been ridiculously good this early into the season. I hope he can continue his hot streak. He's got that presence back on the mound.

I don't disagree with Beckett being the key to the pitching success it's more given his form I expect Beckett, Lester and Bucholz to give the Red Sox a chance to win every single game they pitch. With Lackey, Wakefield and whoever else may pitch in there's question marks atm.

Beckett has been ridiculously good this early into the season. I hope he can continue his hot streak. He's got that presence back on the mound.
when i say beckett is the key i meant in the playoffs. i would agree with you that lackey is very important during the regular season if thats what your saying. once they get to the playoffs lackey would be the 4th guy so not as critical to the teams success

Last edited:

Agreed, but it's hard to expect anything different from a back of the rotation guy. Good performance tonight. If he can pitch like this most outings he is a big asset to the club... we'll see.

when i say beckett is the key i meant in the playoffs. i would agree with you that lackey is very important during the regular season if thats what your saying. once they get to the playoffs lackey would be the 4th guy so not as critical to the teams success

True, but Lackeys a guy I could see stealing a couple Ws for the team in the playoffs, too... though admittedly I might be thinking of the Lackey of old.

John Lackey reminds me of Mike Torres ... you sweated the 1st few innings out just about all the time.

At least Torres had an excuse ... he liked the booze too much -

Lackey - lacks something - I am not exlackey sure what it is.

Last edited:
John Lackey reminds me of Mike Torres ... you sweated the 1st few innings out just about all the time.

Maybe it's because he looks like he should be doing your taxes or serving you at the 7/11.

Last edited:
:bricks:

Torrez was a boozer? Never knew that... (I was a kid when he was on the Sox, though old enough to remember him)

:bricks:

Torrez was a boozer? Never knew that... (I was a kid when he was on the Sox, though old enough to remember him)

Yeah ... fans would see him in the bars the night before he was to pitch.:p:p:p

Well there's something different for a change; John Lackey struggling. I really want to warm to the guy but it's becoming increasingly difficult too.

My fear is I continue to wait for a break out performance to help him to return to the Lackey we supposedly bought.

Last edited:

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back