PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft to Giants Owner: You guys would have beaten us in SB

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was no direct quote from Bob in here to validate he said such a thing.

However if this is true then - :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Kraft said Patriots would've lost if Giants were in this year's Super Bowl

"Looking back I could not have been happier," Tisch said during a break at the NFL Owners Meetings inside the Arizona Biltmore Hotel. "Would I like to have gone deeper in the playoffs? Of course. Would I have liked to end up Houston? Absolutely. Especially because Bob Kraft, after the Super Bowl, told me 'You would've beat us.' So that was a nice compliment."

i am almost certain something got twisted in the telling. e.g., kraft probably said something like, "glad we didn't have to face your team, considering the trouble we've had against you." then later tisch says, "kraft said they probably would have lost to us."

This just doesn't sound like something he would say outright. I'm guessing this is a case of telephone combined with an owner wanting to talk up his own team ("The owner of the Super Bowl champs was scared of us!")

I've been saying this for awhile now, and I think he's making a damn fool of himself--specifically the past 24 hrs or so.
When did it start? Wasn't he a bit more tight lipped before?

There’s no telling whether the Giants would actually have beaten the Patriots again, but history is certainly in their favor.

Dude, there's no such thing as history in the Not For Long league. Out of 106 players on the two rosters for their last SB, I bet there aren't more than 15-20 left. Coughlin is gone. Keep living in the past.

Kraft has been bad for NE publicity for multiple years now. That being said, my superstitions lead me to agree with him...if that is in fact what he said. It's always possible that was just a very generous paraphrase.

Also, this is the same standard of evidence as this hypothetical:

"I met with Tom and he told me that he deflated the balls himself, and smashed his phone because he got scared." - Goodell

or maybe kraft was joking about it, something like "if we played against your giants, knowing our luck, we would have lost on some kind of miracle catch." then tisch says, "kraft said they would have lost to us."

just remember what tom brady said, jokingly, about liking deflated balls:

It turns out that in 2011, Tom Brady admitted during a radio interview that he likes using deflated footballs.

The subject came up when Brady was asked about an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that was given to tight end Rob Gronkowksi after Gronk spiked the ball following a touchdown against the Jets in 2011.

"I didn't see it. I mean, he spikes it every time he scores, so I don't know if that's flagrant or what," Brady told WEEI-AM on Nov. 14, 2011, via ESPN.com. "When Gronk scores -- it was like his eighth touchdown of the year -- he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball. I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes."

then people quote just the part "I like the deflated ball" to say brady was guilty. don't fall into that trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST