SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Giants
Thu
Aug 29th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Strong Showing
Another dominating defensive performance by the Patriots as they continue to look strong during their win Thursday night over Carolina.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Kraft Orchids Spa MegaTug Thread

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by Joey007, Feb 22, 2019.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Florida Man PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +48,195
    Oh, Andy. Andy, Andy, Andy.

You didn't believe they would rule that way. You stated as much yourself. Guess what? They ruled that way. You believed wrong. Therefore, you were wrong. This is in addition to your post on page one. Three words. "I... was... wrong." Let's hear 'em.

EDIT: By the way, have you been on here all day? It's Tuesday. Don't you have a job to do?

• Funny Funny x 4
    Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,195
    Hell, I was wrong about the Patriots' Super Bowl chances. I made a post in the immediate wake of it roasting myself and apologizing to the poster I gave hell to. It's something that most people are readily capable of admitting. It leads to learning from your mistakes on top of personal growth.

Andy's been caught red handed multiple times in this thread, with his own words from earlier quoted against him, and he's choosing dying on this hill. He's getting killed. And he'd rather spend all day arguing on here about how his words (which are being quoted) are being "bastardized" instead of just admitting it, moving on, and getting back to... whatever it is that he does for a living. That's a major, major character flaw and is probably one of the many reasons he's got a job where he's able to spend all day on here as opposed to working for a living and popping in and out during breaks like the rest of us do.

3. AndyJohnson

AndyJohnson PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +28,566
    That’s all you got?
    Yes before there were any details I made a guess that turned out to be wrong. Wow you really got me there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +28,566
    You are so totally full of crap.

100% wrong.

100% wrong.

100% wrong

You have more posts than me meathead, and I guarantee I have a better job than you.

• Sad Sad x 1
  5. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,697
    I recall your posts about this; and your reasoning was pretty sound, as was most people's last year, which is that it appeared their defense and overall team were absolutely not SB caliber, and certainly not if they'd have to win on the road. Michael Lombardi is a team insider and had a similar opinion. Heck, I don't think Belichick or Brady would have, in all honesty, taken their chances with the 2018 squad over a lot of other teams, without hindsight.

I am the infamous "cut Edelman" shouter in 2012 when he was the fifth option and landed on the esteemed (at the time) Aaron Hernandez's ankle when they crossed during a route. I said he was a gimmicky punt returner and bubble roster player (though I will say the 2013 free agency suggested my opinion wasn't as far off as it appears now.)

Anyway, we all make a lot of predictions that don't come true, just like anyone, but it's just such a bad look to be the 1 contrarian out of about 25 people and predictably double down afterwards.

I would advise you not to get sucked in this black hole, though, because that's what these arguments with AJ are.

6. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,195
    There were reports coming out about the legality of their footage at the time. You still made an assertion that I don’t believe they will rule that way with about 17 pages left to go in the thread prior to today's merge. You then continued to argue your stance after that. But I'll take this...

...on top of your post on page one of this thread as an admission that you do, indeed, know that... yes... you were wrong. Thanks for coming clean.

Most of those posts accumulated when I was in a call center prior to graduating college. With very little responsibility. That's how I know your job isn't worth a damn. You, on the other hand, are replying to my posts within mere minutes (where it's taking me hours to get back to you) on a Tuesday. You're also very much more active than I am recently during the week. Somehow, I highly doubt that your job holds any sort of weight. If it somehow does, I don't think you'll be holding it for very long. On top of the inability to admit that you're wrong being a personal and professional weakness, I would highly doubt that your employer is going to be paying you a top-level salary for very long for you to sit on PatsFans.com all day. Especially at your advanced age. You may be looking at either a demotion or a severance package of some kind in your near future. Get back to work, Andy. I'm sure you're very special and your company needs you dearly.

7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,195
    Why not? This is easy work. I'll be back on his safe space ignore list in no time. That's how it usually happens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +31,423
    I was wrong once...I said I'd ride a mile on a camel for a date with Dorothy Hamill. Actually I was prepared to be Katarina Witt's footstool for life.

and...after all these years of positively sanguine replies,finally...at last...Chris In Sunnyvale's dark side rises from the cyber ether...:eek::eek::eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. chris_in_sunnyvale

chris_in_sunnyvale In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4,367
    You thought Daenerys' heel turn was sudden? You ain't seen jack ****.

Regards,
    Chris

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  10. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +48,195
    Just once? That’s it? Maybe you and Andy can get together for a Salisbury Steak and a Natty Light to reminisce. Treat’s on him, obviously. He just needs to wait until Friday when he gets paid.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. maust1013

maust1013 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +11,267
    He must have believed it when I said not to be taken in by all those memes, that we really do have cookies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +28,566
    You know nothing about me Meathead.

13. Soliel

Soliel PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,578
    I’m declaring victory! I’ve said what would happen. It went just like I told you. Now I demand full retractions, apologies and anyone who disagreed should wear sack and ash cloth for the next seven days. After that, I’ll consider apologies

• Like Like x 1
  14. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,363
    I'm talking about actual arguments I've had online and I had to admit I was wrong not random thoughts in my head. You know this but you're trying to redefine what I'm asking so you can avoid an inconvenient fact about yourself. Or maybe you truly don't see it.

So I'll try to ask again in as clear a way as possible:

Andy - have you ever dug in your heels and had a multi page argument on any topic and subsequently admitted to being wrong?

I'm prepared to be disappointed by your answer because my gut says you're not going to give me a yes or no you're going to play word games or try to warp reality to get around answering it.

If you actually say yes and give me an example you know what I'll do? I'll admit I was wrong.

15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club

Ratings:
    +4,926
    I have 2 retired cops I play golf with. They told me the fact that they busted 28 guys for solicitation meant there was no human trafficking

They said that would be protocol. You don’t blow an important case to make minor arrests

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. fnordcircle

fnordcircle The poster who James White said inspires him. PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +26,363
    I don't know if I'm cynical but the moment they started talking about human trafficking while busting johns and workers I got suspicious.

It seemed like a convenient way to drum up public support for the investigation by using a hot button term. What really sucks is that I deeply care about sex trafficking as I think any one of us who is capable of empathy does. When you casually toss around sex trafficking claims because the women who worked there were living on-site and the lifestyle of an asian immigrant isn't going to be the same as Donna from Phoenix Arizona and her family it cheapens the real problem out there with sex trafficking/sex slavery.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +28,566
    I honestly can’t think of any that you describe that I admitted I was wrong OR that I claimed I was right. Those type of long discussions, are generally opinion based, and generally have many facets not a right or wrong. Seriously I’d have to stop and think to recall any of them. But I will try

I mentioned the rookie cuts getting picked up and not making it to the practice squad. That’s one.

I mentioned Kingsbury and Murray. Not sure why you want to think that doesn’t count.

When Belichick switched from 3-4 to 4-3 I was skeptical. I mean that creates a discussion/argument but like I said it’s all prediction/opinion and the answer comes later.

As I said if you want to show examples that you think I was wrong about, if I was, I will readily admit it.
    If you can’t give an example you are just playing games.

18. fnordcircle

Ratings:
    +26,363
    points in exasperation at the entire thread

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Thank You Thank You x 1
  19. AndyJohnson

Ratings:
    +28,566
    So show me an example of things I actually said.
    That’s the point.
    What specifically are you saying I was wrong about?
    Telling a lynchmob to slow down and wait for facts is not wrong. Not accepting conspiracy theories without fact is not wrong.
    This thread was an exercise of people putting words in my mouth to create something to argue against that I didn’t say.
    The incorrect things that people attributed to me were wrong in many ways. But those weren’t the things I actually said.

20. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,697
    Here is one of many articles that broke when this happened, all a big PR campaign from these losers.

Alleged human trafficking ring at spa where Bob Kraft charged for soliciting prostitutes

Spa tied to international human-trafficking, authorities say

The sexual activity at the spa, sandwiched among a surf shop, a nail salon, a game room and a Thai restaurant, is believed to be tied to an international human-trafficking and prostitution ring extending to New York and to China.

Under state and federal law, human trafficking is defined as soliciting, recruiting, harboring, transporting or otherwise obtaining another person to exploit him or her for labor, domestic servitude or sexual exploitation. Florida ranks third in the nation in the number of cases reported to the national human-trafficking hotline.

“Our concern in this investigation centers around victims of human trafficking,” Kerr said, adding that authorities are working with advocacy groups and interpreters to gain information and help those who were trafficked.

• Useful Useful x 1