PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the problem is Kraft has give nearly 2 million to anti-trafficking orgs that specifically deal with the Asian Massage Parlors in addition to many other aspects. It is simply very unlikely he had no idea about this place. The window says they do "Table Showers" for god sake. He knew.
I've had massages in China, Korea and Japan (legit massages- no funny stuff) and have never gotten or heard of a Table Shower. I needed to Google it. I've always gotten them in hotels, etc.

re: He knew......I dunna know. If what you say is true I'm even more disappointed in Bob's lack of discreteness.

they are considered illegal in all 50 US states, yet places can have them advertised on their windows? The point is Kraft knew where he was going.

All I care about is the Pats winning games. Bob's legal troubles mean nothing to me unless we lose draft picks.

I think you have to go out of your way to find a massage parlor down here that doesn't advertise showers.

massage-table-shower-table-shower-body-home-design-online-software.jpg
wow

Unfortunately these spas are a dime a dozen and it's not like they're that hidden. Law enforcement does very little to shut them down, unless forced to.

Growing up, there was one at this neighborhood strip mall near a popular pizza joint, liquor store and some other businesses that remains open today. We're talking nearly three decades.

Just like everything else in the world nowadays, people are overfaking it with their outrage against Kraft. He's a pervy old man, at worst.

This strawman again...barely anyone cares on a moral level what Kraft did. Most of us just think he was stupid for doing it.

People need to calm down with the trafficking outrage with regards to Kraft himself. Yes it’s appalling that these things happen, but you can’t just claim he knew. These places are a dime a dozen and lots of them involve willing participants. It’s like saying everyone who ever did a line of coke is responsible for drug cartel deaths in Mexico and Columbia.

I've had massages in China, Korea and Japan (legit massages- no funny stuff) and have never gotten or heard of a Table Shower. I needed to Google it. I've always gotten them in hotels, etc.

re: He knew......I dunna know. If what you say is true I'm even more disappointed in Bob's lack of discreteness.
All I know is apparently he has given at least a few million to anti-trafficking organizations that try to deal with specifically the many Asian Parlors as well as other things. Some speculation that that automatically means he is well informed, admittedly.

The problem is, in USA, there simply is not enough prosecutorial bandwidth to deal with the trafficking. In parts of the country nearly every town has a place that could be doing this kind of thing.

It is like battling some of other major problems like drugs, gangs, etc. There are literally tens of thousands of these places, and unfortunately the make lots of money for unscrupulous people including gangs, etc.

I have read a lot of posts where people have said something like "If they knew there were trafficked humans there why didn't they act sooner.," They have to be a case that you can prosecute. This particular crime has become very serious in the USA and prosecuting them all is nearly impossible. That is why is it "good" if they bust someone like Bob, unfortunately for him.

This strawman again...barely anyone cares on a moral level what Kraft did. Most of us just think he was stupid for doing it.

Of course it was stupid but the faux outrage by the usual suspects is the issue. Any other team except maybe Dallas and this isn’t front page news and there’s no other team where people would be screaming they should lose draft picks.

I think you have to go out of your way to find a massage parlor down here that doesn't advertise showers.
that is kind of the point. Those are not legal in USA. Neither are masseuses who are working against their will. But there are many many of them and it is a problem that Americans should be embarrassed about.

A million bucks? Lol.

Dude, you put down like, 5k in cash and I’ll give you AND Bob Kraft double handys at the same time.

I9ON.gif

All I know is apparently he has given at least a few million to anti-trafficking organizations that try to deal with specifically the many Asian Parlors as well as other things. Some speculation that that automatically means he is well informed, admittedly.

I don't know what to think. Sometimes billionaires have someone choose which organizations they think their boss wants to give money too. Bob may/may not have known. Bob does strike me a fairly hands-on and engaged so I tend to agree with your assumption.

The problem is, in USA, there simply is not enough prosecutorial bandwidth to deal with the trafficking. In parts of the country nearly every town has a place that could be doing this kind of thing.

It is like battling some of other major problems like drugs, gangs, etc. There are literally tens of thousands of these places, and unfortunately the make lots of money for unscrupulous people including gangs, etc.

I have read a lot of posts where people have said something like "If they knew there were trafficked humans there why didn't they act sooner.," They have to be a case that you can prosecute. This particular crime has become very serious in the USA and prosecuting them all is nearly impossible. That is why is it "good" if they bust someone like Bob, unfortunately for him.

I'm not going to pass judgement on why the local PD took so long to bust the joints. It takes a while to gather enough evidence to ensure the charges stick and the punishment isn't fleeting.

People need to calm down with the trafficking outrage with regards to Kraft himself
I agree with that, with respect to Kraft. But these kinds of busts will be the only thing that affects any change on this issue.

My bad.

Better make it 10k, so I can give half to Ian. :)

(Edit: half of the money, not half of the love)

(Double edit: I’ve only got two hands, bro)

wiggle_wiggle_wiggle_by_bonniecakes-dbjr54p.gif

that is kind of the point. Those are not legal in USA. Neither are masseuses who are working against their will. But there are many many of them and it is a problem that Americans should be embarrassed about.

I can't equate showers to trafficking. Their are all kinds of massage parlors here in South Florida...I've been to several. An ex-GF was a licensed massage therapist at one of them.

Like I said their are all kinds.

well, if THAT one confused you, hold on tight...

does this incident mean that the Patriots historical trouble scoring down in South Florida is over? (too soon?)

Lol!!!

Like you I'm a 25-year season ticket holder. I know what you're saying but I wouldn't be too righteous calling Bob out over what he did here. Clearly, he is not of sound mind. As for him allegedly being drunk at the trophy presentation, I wouldn't leap to that conclusion either. While it might be true, I've seen him in other envrionments where his speech pattern is a bit slow; there might be a medical explanation for some of this.
I am far from righteous. I’m a stay in your lane type of guy. What he demands and how he acts is where you should have used the term righteous. I see him talk on the news all the time. Slurring is different than a bit slow. But I do agree with you that he is not of sound mind. Josh Gordon was not of sound mind. Guess where he is? If he is not of sound mind then it is time for him to get help while taking a more hands off approach of being the spokesman of the team. If and when he solves his issues just like Gordon then have his duties increased if warranted. Personally, I frown upon when a mistake is made to use some sort of excuse to explain it away. I am sure if he had some sort of medical condition or Not of Sound mind his family would not still be dangling him out there.

I'm not going to pass judgement on why the local PD took so long to bust the joints. It takes a while to gather enough evidence to ensure the charges stick and the punishment isn't fleeting.
I have read some law enforcement articles on this subject and what the police and prosecutors report is that you bust one, by the time the case is prosecuted 5 new ones are open in the same area. It truly is a secret scourge.

I am far from righteous and think things out before I make a conclusion. I’m a stay in your lane type of guy. What he demands and how he acts is where you should have used the term righteous. I see him talk on the news all the time. Slurring is different than a bit slow. But I do agree with you that he is not of sound mind. Josh Gordon was not of sound mind. Guess where he is? If he is not of sound mind then it is time for him to get help while taking a more hands off approach of being the spokesman of the team. If and when he solves his issues just like Gordon then have his duties increased if warranted. Personally, I frown upon when a mistake is made to use some sort of excuse to explain it away. I am sure if he had some sort of medical condition or Not of Sound mind his family would not still be dangling him out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back