PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft Orchids Case - Prosecuters Want a Tug Rule?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The charge is basically a soft misdemeanor. Most people would barely spend the weekend in jail for sololiciting and Kraft has money. Any high power attorney could get it dropped or reduced to nothing.

Hard to believe it gets dropped with 1. All of the publicity 2. Sex trafficking involved. It was a huge effort to bust up the ring - can't see the police letting the rich guys off without letting everyone off, and do not see how they can publish 200 names and then let them all off. My girlfriend is Chinese and she believes the young girls are tricked into coming to the USA and then are forced to provide sex. I would vote to make prostitution legal, I couldn't care less if two adults want to exchange money with sex, everyone is happy and consenting so who cares? But forced or underage trafficking is completely wrong.

I do not understand how Kraft can be denying it if there is video evidence. The video will get leaked - Ray Rice - it is worth too much money to TMZ not to get leaked. Seems like something is missing but I do not doubt the cops and DA.

I do not understand how Kraft can be denying it if there is video evidence. The video will get leaked - Ray Rice - it is worth too much money to TMZ not to get leaked. Seems like something is missing but I do not doubt the cops and DA.
The only thing Kraft denied was engaging in "illegal activities". He didn't deny being there.

Sure he did, but kinda hard to believe he was falsely accused.
It's possible. There's 2 sides to every story and gotta look at all the evidence. Current events have reminded us of that. Unless there's some video that shows it all happening, which we are not shown right now.

We may have to wait for this all to come out.

Hard to believe it gets dropped with 1. All of the publicity 2. Sex trafficking involved. It was a huge effort to bust up the ring - can't see the police letting the rich guys off without letting everyone off, and do not see how they can publish 200 names and then let them all off. My girlfriend is Chinese and she believes the young girls are tricked into coming to the USA and then are forced to provide sex. I would vote to make prostitution legal, I couldn't care less if two adults want to exchange money with sex, everyone is happy and consenting so who cares? But forced or underage trafficking is completely wrong.

Well Kraft wouldn't be the first one to say after blatant video evidence..."How do you know that was me.":rolleyes:

Bob is having the time of his life racking up the misdemeanors!!!

It's possible. There's 2 sides to every story and gotta look at all the evidence. Current events have reminded us of that. Unless there's some video that shows it all happening, which we are not shown right now.

We may have to wait for this all to come out.
Of course we don’t know the facts yet but for it to get this far there is a minuscule chance he was falsely accused

Lying by the investigators leaves a small chance but realistically it’s 100%

If true, Robert Kraft needs to give up control of the team completely. Jonathan can take over. RK has been acting very weirdly after Myra passed away .
The Patriots are always in the new in a negative light !!! We can never have an off season of no drama . And of course the haters will be out in full force. I haven't read the 1000 plus responses on this thread so I don't know everything that has been discussed , this response might be redundant .

The only thing Kraft denied was engaging in "illegal activities". He didn't deny being there.

Thanks. This was a months long effort - can't believe the DA publishes the list without "bullet proof" video evidence or an eye witness. Can't see the DA publishing names of people who just showed up for a foot massage.

Of course we don’t know the facts yet but for it to get this far there is a minuscule chance he was falsely accused

Lying by the investigators leaves a small chance but realistically it’s 100%

Agreed!! So why issue a statement that denies everything? That complicates the issue long-term. Am I missing something?

Isn't Jonathan Kraft pretty much running the franchise at this point? Whatever happens to Bob Kraft pretty much has no significant effect to the organization other than a massive PR hit. Not sure how this works but I do think it is a good time for Jonathan to officially become the owner at this point.

He's going to try the Breaking Bad super magnet wipe before admitting to anything.
I mean what’s wrong with denying until you are sure you are fu$&ed?

Agree!! So issue a statement that denies everything? That complicates the issue long-term. Am I missing something?
Maybe a technicality comes up that makes your denial sound reasonable.
If you are guilty the fact you denied gets swept under the carpet any way.

Agreed!! So why issue a statement that denies everything? That complicates the issue long-term. Am I missing something?

I didn't expect anything less from Bob.:oops:

I mean what wrong with denying until you are sure you are fu$&ed?

It makes you a liar. Some people care about the truth more than bad judgement. A thought out written legal response can not be walked back.

Defendants insisting upon their innocence at the start of a situation is S.O.P., so what's so difficult to understand?

Kraft's spokesperson issued a very succinct statement within one hour of the story breaking this afternoon.

Mike Reiss
✔@MikeReiss

Statement from a spokesperson for Robert Kraft:

“We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further.”

Its still not anywhere on Patriots.com which was my point. Every news story has referenced Kraft's spokesperson's denial.

If true, Robert Kraft needs to give up control of the team completely. Jonathan can take over. RK has been acting very weirdly after Myra passed away .
The Patriots are always in the new in a negative light !!! We can never have an off season of no drama . And of course the haters will be out in full force. I haven't read the 1000 plus responses on this thread so I don't know everything that has been discussed , this response might be redundant .

That young Bimbo he was with not too many moons ago should be ashamed of herself. She couldn't keep him out of trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back