PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft on Game Day

Tackle, receivers, no third down back. Belichick is responsible for the putrid talent on offense. Zappe had a good game (nothing in second half) but let’s see if the offense becomes competent the rest of the season before we say it was all on Mac.
It’s not all Mac, but Zappe has shown more poise and pocket awareness.
But yes the lack of a back who can run routes a stud number 1 receiver and a slot beast holds this offense back from holding the offense back

Tackle, receivers, no third down back. Belichick is responsible for the putrid talent on offense. Zappe had a good game (nothing in second half) but let’s see if the offense becomes competent the rest of the season before we say it was all on Mac.
Onwenu has been fine at RT. Brown has been fine at LT. They brought in Anderson who has been a serviceable backup but he lost the season to a mysterious illness and Reiff who has been a starting caliber OT who missed 13 games in 11 years and he has never been healthy.

You don’t need a “3rd down back” when your RB1 and RB2 are very good on 3rd down. (I imagine you were one of those people who complained that having rb who didnt catch the ball and needing to bring in a different one in passing situations made us predictable)
The WRs would have produced just fine it the qb got them the ball when they were open. There are an awful lot of missing catches that are on 10 for not executing the play call, reading the defense and making the correct throw on time.
We saw a glimpse of that Thursday with a qb with no experience and questionable skills.

It’s not all Mac, but Zappe has shown more poise and pocket awareness.
But yes the lack of a back who can run routes a stud number 1 receiver and a slot beast holds this offense back from holding the offense back
A lot of it is 10.
No he wasn’t out there with 10 all pros, but he was the worst player on the field. Any he made everyone else worse. If you won’t throw the ball to the correct read, you make the line block longer. If a receiver gets open as designed and the Qb doesn’t throw to him, every one asks why that guy can’t get open. When the Qb abandons the design of the play, particularly on 3rd down you are staying on the field long enough to get any rhythm or to accumulate numbers that people consider effective.

A lot of it is 10.
No he wasn’t out there with 10 all pros, but he was the worst player on the field. Any he made everyone else worse. If you won’t throw the ball to the correct read, you make the line block longer. If a receiver gets open as designed and the Qb doesn’t throw to him, every one asks why that guy can’t get open. When the Qb abandons the design of the play, particularly on 3rd down you are staying on the field long enough to get any rhythm or to accumulate numbers that people consider effective.
the receivers look better than Crap when Mac isn’t the QB.
Nelson Agholar has come to life in B more.

the receivers look better than Crap when Mac isn’t the QB.
Nelson Agholar has come to life in B more.
They produce less with 10 than before and more after.
Look at jonnu smith. Everyone here said he sucked, was a terrible signing and fundraising belong in the league. 433 rec yards in 13 games this year after 478 in 29 games with 10. (And 61 on 1 game with Zappe). He also had 439 and 448 the 2 years before coming here.

They produce less with 10 than before and more after.
Look at jonnu smith. Everyone here said he sucked, was a terrible signing and fundraising belong in the league. 433 rec yards in 13 games this year after 478 in 29 games with 10. (And 61 on 1 game with Zappe). He also had 439 and 448 the 2 years before coming here.
We screwed up badly with Smith I was one of the biggest fans of that singing.
Agholar as I mentioned is another looking good now that he has a QB,

I just feel in this NFL you need a GM and a Coach who has an aggressive offensive mindset.
If not the Head coach than an aggressive GM and offensive coaching staff.
That’s why if Bill stays I want Mcdaniels back as Oc or assistant head coach.

If Bill leaves I want either Patullo, Johnson, Johnson, Slovik as HC.

I just want a coach that doesn't see the first month of the season as "the extended preseason". Plenty of other teams are ready to go Week 1 or 2. Why not the Pats?
I want a league that doesn't make this necessary.
Ya know.... let's practice, play, and execute like every repetition matters instead of having enough time to choreograph celebrations for plays that don't even alter the outcome.

They already did what they had to do— bench Jones. There’s plenty to criticize or second guess about Belichick but he is not the reason we sucked this unbelievably bad outside of the fact he didn’t move on to Zappe centuries sooner.
Beg to differ. Belichick is the #1 reason this team has a 28-36 record since 2019. He lost his mojo. Start fresh w/ new GM, HC, staff, and hopefully more talented players. Unless you want more of the same, he needs to go.

I agree! I believe that Mac will be traded. For some reason I have him going to SanFran for a 4th or 5th... that's a place where everything is perfect around him. He will compete with Purdy for the starting job.

On KC as great as Mahomes is he has to improvise far too much and that puts him in harms way. He does not have the guys on the outside like he once did. Kelce gets taken away and that offense struggles. I have Baltimore beating KC in the AFC Championship. But looking at everything realistically I think Bill's back next season. I want to see if he can clean up this mess of a roster.
JFC

My standard is comptency. Which we haven't had this year in all 3 phases aside from defense only when we play mediocre teams. The defense is playing well against bad teams. When nobody was injured and we played good teams, our opponents were scoring on us. The offense even without Mac Jones just played two games against 2 of the bottom 3 defenses on our schedule and were shut out for 6 out of 8 quarters. That's not a fixed offense.
Agree but Steelers are not a bottom 3 D.

Beg to differ. Belichick is the #1 reason this team has a 28-36 record since 2019. He lost his mojo. Start fresh w/ new GM, HC, staff, and hopefully more talented players. Unless you want more of the same, he needs to go.
I’m sour on Belichick for a few reasons but I can’t give him credit for this year entirely when Mac was that bad outside his decision to keep rolling with him which I suppose is pretty inexcusable.

That said, Brady > Belichick all day and twice on Sunday, Monday and Thursday.

You want a coach that doesn’t make adjustments during the season?

Or you just don’t understand every team is an evolving process through out the year, and it simply looked different because we dubbed it “an extended preseason” when others haven’t? It’s just a term. It’s not literal. We brought it up most loudly after Revis Island was over utilized in zone with poor success.

It doesn’t mean Belichick _actually_ considers September an extended pre-season. The only thing different about us and most other teams, is we would drop games early then win the Superbowl.
I'm fine w/ dropping games early. However, since 2019, Bill's team has a losing record in Dec-Jan. Team's been consistently bad at the end of the season for 5 in a row. That's w/ Brady, Cam, and Mac. That has to be on Bill.

I’m sour on Belichick for a few reasons but I can’t give him credit for this year entirely when Mac was that bad outside his decision to keep rolling with him which I suppose is pretty inexcusable.

That said, Brady > Belichick all day and twice on Sunday, Monday and Thursday.
They were working together not competing. No one is as good without good people around them. They both were what they were because if each other (and because if everyone else in the organization)

You can't have it both ways. You can't pretend dismiss criticism of the offense the last two weeks because "Zappe hasn't had many starts" and then try to frame it like Bill is absolved because he finally fixed everything by moving on from Mac when literally all the evidence isn't suggesting that.

1. Bill went into the season with Mac as his starter
2. Bill went into the season with Zappe/Grier/Cunningham behind Mac and didn't believe in them enough to start them until the season was lost.
3. Bill hired BOB and could have had an open coaching search. Instead he did what everyone predicted and got a retread he was comfortable with.
4. Mac wasn't throwing off his back foot neatly as much year one. When the QB regresses, that's coaching.
5. Special teams is his baby, it sucks this year.
6. The defense has been the same story the last few years. Beat up on some crappy offenses and the implode against the skilled ones. That didn't change. They were healthy to start the year. Couldn't stop the Eagles and Cowboys and Saints from piling on.

Yeah Bill wants to be the guy who builds the team, brings his guys in to coach, and oversee every aspect of the team, he gets 100% of the credit and blame. If things were going good, people would be jerking it to how much of a genius he was.

I mean that’s obviously not the case. There are numerous posters on here who think it was the Dynasties were all-Brady with zero contribution from Belichick. There’s one nut on here who calls Belichick a “stain” on the organization, so no, no he wouldn’t be getting “100% of the credit” lol.

I mean that’s obviously not the case. There are numerous posters on here who think it was the Dynasties were all-Brady with zero contribution from Belichick. There’s one nut on here who calls Belichick a “stain” on the organization, so no, no he wouldn’t be getting “100% of the credit” lol.
Unfortunately there's more than one nut on here.

I'm fine w/ dropping games early. However, since 2019, Bill's team has a losing record in Dec-Jan. Team's been consistently bad at the end of the season for 5 in a row. That's w/ Brady, Cam, and Mac. That has to be on Bill.
Given the above, the team is now 1-1 in Dec w/ a chance to get 2 more wins in the last 4, ending at .500 for the 1st time in 5 seasons.

I've got mixed feelings about this.

Pro: I want to see Zappe ball out and win which will give us a sliver of hope the O isn't completely broken.

Cons: I really want a top 3 pick. More importantly, I want Bill gone. Will Zappe save Bill's job status? That would be so ironic for a late RD QB to save Bill's ass again.

I'd venture to guess that you can count in one hand the posters that don't give Bill any credit for the success of the dynasty. That's just nonsense.

What isn't nonsense is that Brady clearly deserves way more credit than was previously given to him by the majority of this board. The evidence is crystal clear and indisputable.

Yeah the last couple weeks have really started making me think Bill isn’t going anywhere. Especially if the team picks up a couple more wins and the offense generally stays looking competent with Zappe, it will be easy for them to just say it was all Mac’s fault and continue forward as-is.

Yeah the last couple weeks have really started making me think Bill isn’t going anywhere. Especially if the team picks up a couple more wins and the offense generally stays looking competent with Zappe, it will be easy for them to just say it was all Mac’s fault and continue forward as-is.
Most fans won't buy it but you're probably right.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Back