PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft on Game Day

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Kraft asked -what is key to succeeding in business?
Talks about importance of loyalty and keeping employees for long time

Pat Mcafee said to him- “I do not envy what you are going to have to do”

Kraft looks stunned at the comment and said nothing

I am sure he will not fire Bill. Bill will have to want to leave

Kraft ask what is key to succeeding in business
Talks about importance of loyalty and keeping employees for long time

Pat Mcafee said to him- “I do not envy what you are going to have to do”

Kraft looks stunned at the comment and said nothing
Link?

Read a few different tweets on this - seems like it was a weird interaction.

Kraft just went silent , shook his hand and walked off?

They already did what they had to do— bench Jones. There’s plenty to criticize or second guess about Belichick but he is not the reason we sucked this unbelievably bad outside of the fact he didn’t move on to Zappe centuries sooner.

They already did what they had to do— bench Jones. There’s plenty to criticize or second guess about Belichick but he is not the reason we sucked this unbelievably bad outside of the fact he didn’t move on to Zappe centuries sooner.
No he is. The offense is still not fixed. That's on 5 years of Bill's ineptitude. Also completely ignores special teams sucking

No he is. The offense is still not fixed. That's on 5 years of Bill's ineptitude. Also completely ignores special teams sucking
Is your standard for fixed Brady’esque because good luck with that. We’re never going to have all three phases of the game be elite units as a year in and year out norm.

Defense is playing well with key injuries. Offense needs draft investment. Special teams obviously needs to be improved.

That said, the awfulness you’ve been watching was on Mac. If we’re scoring in the neighborhood of 24 points a game, these issues suddenly don’t seem so crippling.

Again, I’m indifferent to when Belichick goes but I don’t think he’s just gone senile all of a sudden. Trading Gronk to Detroit and being a **** to Tom are pretty unforgivable but we’re so far past that now. I understand why people want him gone and I understand why people want him to stay, but I don’t understand regarding this ****show being a Belichick product more than a Mac product.

Said it in another thread, but here are my guesses:
1. 90% BB is back next year, full duties intact.
2. 3% BB is back as Coach, not GM.
3. 3% BB retires.
4. 2% BB is traded to another team.
5. 2% BB is released and goes to another team.
That is my honest assessment, for what it's worth. Of course, I'm also one of the guys who thinks the Pats PROBLEM #1, 2, and 3 is the QB. You can win in the NFL with an adequate QB (San Fran). It's far more likely that you'll win with a star QB (KC), but when it matters, you cannot win in the NFL without at least an adequate QB (SF again).

Is your standard for fixed Brady’esque because good luck with that. We’re never going to have all three phases of the game be elite units as a year in and year out norm.

Defense is playing well with key injuries. Offense needs draft investment. Special teams obviously needs to be improved.

That said, the awfulness you’ve been watching was on Mac. If we’re scoring in the neighborhood of 24 points a game, these issues suddenly don’t seem so crippling.

Again, I’m indifferent to when Belichick goes but I don’t think he’s just gone senile all of a sudden. Trading Gronk to Detroit and being a **** to Tom are pretty unforgivable but we’re so far past that now. I understand why people want him gone and I understand why people want him to stay, but I don’t understand regarding this ****show being a Belichick product more than a Mac product.
My standard is comptency. Which we haven't had this year in all 3 phases aside from defense only when we play mediocre teams. The defense is playing well against bad teams. When nobody was injured and we played good teams, our opponents were scoring on us. The offense even without Mac Jones just played two games against 2 of the bottom 3 defenses on our schedule and were shut out for 6 out of 8 quarters. That's not a fixed offense.

You also aren't addressing all the typical mistakes and penalties that Bill Belichick teams weren't known for making. Or how long he refused to play Douglas..

This is 100% Bill's product.

Belichick about to go on College Gameday

Said it in another thread, but here are my guesses:
1. 90% BB is back next year, full duties intact.
2. 3% BB is back as Coach, not GM.
3. 3% BB retires.
4. 2% BB is traded to another team.
5. 2% BB is released and goes to another team.
That is my honest assessment, for what it's worth. Of course, I'm also one of the guys who thinks the Pats PROBLEM #1, 2, and 3 is the QB. You can win in the NFL with an adequate QB (San Fran). It's far more likely that you'll win with a star QB (KC), but when it matters, you cannot win in the NFL without at least an adequate QB (SF again).
I agree! I believe that Mac will be traded. For some reason I have him going to SanFran for a 4th or 5th... that's a place where everything is perfect around him. He will compete with Purdy for the starting job.

On KC as great as Mahomes is he has to improvise far to much and that puts him in harms way. He does not have the guys on the outside like he once did. Kelce gets taken away and that offense struggles. I have Baltimore beating KC in the AFC Championship. But looking at everything realistically I think Bill's back next season. I want to see if he can clean up this mess of a roster.

I agree! I believe that Mac will be traded. For some reason I have him going to SanFran for a 4th or 5th... that's a place where everything is perfect around him. He will compete with Purdy for the starting job.

On KC as great as Mahomes is he has to improvise far to much and that puts him in harms way. He does not have the guys on the outside like he once did. Kelce gets taken away and that offense struggles. I have Baltimore beating KC in the AFC Championship. But looking at everything realistically I think Bill's back next season. I want to see if he can clean up this mess of a roster.
He had 5 years to clean up this mess of a roster. A 72 year old isn't going to reverse his trajectory over the last 5 years. And even if he magically did, he sure as hell will not be here if this team is competitive again.

Sadly, I think this team is paralyzed because Kraft is too tepid now to just accept that his dynasty has run it's course and straggling by holding onto the last remaining remanants of it is not the answer.

Bill had his chance to fix this roster. He made it worse and he won't be here to see any sort of rebuild through to the point where he can capitalize on it even if he could. Give him his flowers for the past and move on. Sentementality will always be a losing hand in sports.

Last edited:
My standard is comptency. Which we haven't had this year in all 3 phases aside from defense only when we play mediocre teams. The defense is playing well against bad teams. When nobody was injured and we played good teams, our opponents were scoring on us. The offense even without Mac Jones just played two games against 2 of the bottom 3 defenses on our schedule and were shut out for 6 out of 8 quarters. That's not a fixed offense.

You also aren't addressing all the typical mistakes and penalties that Bill Belichick teams weren't known for making. Or how long he refused to play Douglas..

This is 100% Bill's product.
You’re conveniently forgetting that Zappe hasn’t had many starts. This just sounds like prematurely applying the Mac Jones disaster to the new guy, who obviously looks much better.

Bill O’Brien is a grifter who owes his legend to Tom. Saying this is “100% Bill’s product” while Mac Jones is repeatedly throwing WTF passes off his back foot to the other team is flat out disingenuous. 100%? 100%? Okay.

Hyperbole or did you really come to the conclusion that the 72 year old on the sideline is 100% responsible for WTF we’ve been watching all year?

Bill has to go. Not because of his ability to coach, which I believe is still elite, but because his grip on roster management is inseparable from his coaching and he has been utterly abysmal with roster building…not just with players, which is obvious, but also with the coaching staff.

Troy Brown, Sunseri, Klemm, Judge, Rothstein, etc are all useless.

But Bill won’t replace them and bring in outside talent.

Just have not seen anything in five years which makes me excited about Bill picking groceries.

That was ****ing weird. McAfee is getting getting too comfortable. One of these days he will do something that will cost him dearly. That was stupid and wrong setting to try and get some clicks. Not sure Kraft even knew what he was saying.

You’re conveniently forgetting that Zappe hasn’t had many starts. This just sounds like prematurely applying the Mac Jones disaster to the new guy, who obviously looks much better.

Bill O’Brien is a grifter who owes his legend to Tom. Saying this is “100% Bill’s product” while Mac Jones is repeatedly throwing WTF passes off his back foot to the other team is flat out disingenuous. 100%? 100%? Okay.

Hyperbole or did you really come to the conclusion that the 72 year old on the sideline is 100% responsible for WTF we’ve been watching all year?
You can't have it both ways. You can't pretend dismiss criticism of the offense the last two weeks because "Zappe hasn't had many starts" and then try to frame it like Bill is absolved because he finally fixed everything by moving on from Mac when literally all the evidence isn't suggesting that.

1. Bill went into the season with Mac as his starter
2. Bill went into the season with Zappe/Grier/Cunningham behind Mac and didn't believe in them enough to start them until the season was lost.
3. Bill hired BOB and could have had an open coaching search. Instead he did what everyone predicted and got a retread he was comfortable with.
4. Mac wasn't throwing off his back foot neatly as much year one. When the QB regresses, that's coaching.
5. Special teams is his baby, it sucks this year.
6. The defense has been the same story the last few years. Beat up on some crappy offenses and the implode against the skilled ones. That didn't change. They were healthy to start the year. Couldn't stop the Eagles and Cowboys and Saints from piling on.

Yeah Bill wants to be the guy who builds the team, brings his guys in to coach, and oversee every aspect of the team, he gets 100% of the credit and blame. If things were going good, people would be jerking it to how much of a genius he was.

That was ****ing weird. McAfee is getting getting too comfortable. One of these days he will do something that will cost him dearly. That was stupid and wrong setting to try and get some clicks. Not sure Kraft even knew what he was saying.
No he won't. I can't really stand McAfee, but his worst case is making something awkward and best case is starting a confrontation that gets him in the news and makes people think he draws viewers.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back