PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft bought the Pats for $174 Million last week paid $175 million in guaranteed salaries...

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Interesting contrast from Peter King's Football Morning in America, after King blames BB for last years debacle....

“It’s like investing in the stock market,” Kraft said. “You take advantage of corrections and inefficiencies in the market when you can, and that’s what we did here. We’ll see. Nothing is guaranteed, and I’m very cognizant of that. But we’re not in the business to be in business. We’re in this business to win.”

“We’ll see,” Kraft said with some caution. “I do remember we always made fun of the teams that spent a lot in the offseason. So we know nothing is guaranteed, and I’m very cognizant of that.”

translation, watching the patriots go 7-9 and get lambasted in the media while Brady won a super bowl pissed Kraft off. The guy hasn't experienced much losing since buying the team.

I mean, even when he bought the team they had Drew Bledsoe who while not brady was a good/solid QB. and went to the super bowl in 1996

8 lawyers dropped
8 players added
Funny how that works

Interesting contrast from Peter King's Football Morning in America, after King blames BB for last years debacle....

Sure, but Kraft and all the owners will get a $300M media check each year so they can afford it.

The Panthers just sold for $2.2B, the Patriots are estimated to be worth $3.8B.

Spending $175M is just the cost of doing business, a line item in their spreadsheet.

They might as well be asking what did Kraft do with the money he didn't spend last year.

Maybe it went to his lawyer in Palm Beach.

translation, watching the patriots go 7-9 and get lambasted in the media while Brady won a super bowl pissed Kraft off. The guy hasn't experienced much losing since buying the team.

I mean, even when he bought the team they had Drew Bledsoe who while not brady was a good/solid QB. and went to the super bowl in 1996
I guess you really don't understand the salary cap, do you?

Kraft was probably just as pissed last year, but could do nothing about it.

Bledsoe was the first overall pick in the draft, the Joe Burrow of his draft year.

By today's standards ass:eek:s in the media would be slagging him for only getting to one super bowl.

What do you think he gave out in gaurentees that year?

Be interesting to see how much it has gone up. And also need to spend a little more to pass that number of total spent.

$174 million sounded like so much money back than, now there are players that make more on one contract

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back