PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peter King on NFL - Pats included

Schefter says 4 QBs gone in 7 picks. Who?

When he was knocking the Patriots for WR evaluations, he could have just left it at N'Keal Harry.

The other picks were used on Malcolm Mitchell (4th), Braxton Berrios (6th) and Devin Lucien (7th). No need for the pile on.

The TEs are Asiasi, Keene and AJ Derby (6th).

It could play out that all the top 5 QBs will be gone in the top ten picks, but I would bet the farm on it. We see it a lot where QBs are expected to go as high as first or second in the draft and then fall down the draft board on draft day with Aaron Rodgers being the most famous case of that. Rodgers went from a consensus top two pick in earlier mock drafts to being selected 24th.

Odds are good there will be an early run on QBs, but it certainly isn't guaranteed. We have already seen Trey Lance's stock shoot up in recent weeks and Justin Field's drop a bit. The question is whether the teams feel the same as the draft experts.

Trevor Lawrence, Zach Wilson, Justin Fields, and Trey Lance. And I wouldn’t be too shocked if Mac Jones made it 5 QBs gone in 9 picks.
I hope that Jones is gone and I pray that BB does not move up to take him. Ive had nightmares that he will package picks and move up because BB has never been this aggressive.

If 5 QBs are gone in the top 9, then some very good players will be bargain picks at 10-15. I wouldn't reach for QB #6 there, just take BPA and later try to get Mills, Trask, etc. on day 2.

Wow--with the new stuff on Deshaun Watson this morning, I can't even believe ANY team is going to trade for this guy, and we're quickly reaching the point where he's not even going to hold that lawyer's friendship with the Texans owner against the Texans.

He may actually totally despise the owner and hate him with the hatred of 100 suns, but he better start thinking of his future and the severe blow he's taken. I'm not even sure if he's safe from criminal prosecution at this point.

I'm just saying he may need to actually play football for the Texans.

I hope that Jones is gone and I pray that BB does not move up to take him. Ive had nightmares that he will package picks and move up because BB has never been this aggressive.
DB trading up? I think you can sleep easy

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back