PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kind of OT: Jack Easterby article on SI

Someone's a little touchy. Are you a priest or something?
He does faith healing on Friday nights and snake charming on Saturday afternoons.

"Don't make me holler,
Don't make me shout,
Just turn yer pockets
INSIDE OUT!"

He does faith healing on Friday nights and snake charming on Saturday afternoons.

"Don't make me holler,
Don't make me shout,
Just turn yer pockets
INSIDE OUT!"
I legitimately laughed out loud.

Isn't there a statute of limitations on spoilers?
There's a real grey area on that. I make it a point to avoid Twitter if a show airs at night and I'm only watching the next day as hashtags can ruin something big that happened.

I watched Sons Of Anarchy during quarantine and wanted to find out the name of an actor during season 2 on the show. Big mistake, as a few searches after was a huge spoiler casually listed.

Why is this a surprise. He was literally the team chaplain hired after the Hernandez murder cases came out, and somehow is now a GM or president running a football team. Makes zero sense. He has no experience evaluating or scouting football players, or coaching. Sounds like he was the happy team chaplain who got along with everyone in Foxboro.

There seems to be a good deal of bible thumping weirdos in the NFL for some reason. I always think of this article from the Joe Gibbs II era in Washington about how over the top some of the cultishness got in the locker room.

"Bible-thumping weirdos"? Really?

"Bible-thumping weirdos"? Really?
That article I linked is beyond your normal weekly church goer. Some of these guys like Mark “I cried on TV over under inflated footballs” Brunell was harassing teammates with bible study fliers. Pastors masquerading as agents. Reggie White signed with the Packers because Mike Holmgren called him and pretended to be god. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is apparently the leader of a religious cult.

"Don't make me holler,
Don't make me shout,
Just turn yer pockets
INSIDE OUT!"

My father once saw one of those faith healing shows years ago on TV. After that everytime my brother or I had an issue he'd pop us on the forehead with the palm of his hand and yell, " you are healed !!".

There's a real grey area on that. I make it a point to avoid Twitter if a show airs at night and I'm only watching the next day as hashtags can ruin something big that happened.

I watched Sons Of Anarchy during quarantine and wanted to find out the name of an actor during season 2 on the show. Big mistake, as a few searches after was a huge spoiler casually listed.
Yeah and you can tell who dies by watching the amount of episodes they’re listed in. I made that mistake with Vikings which, speaking of, this trailer is bonkers...

@Steve:Section 102... thoughts?

The media wastes no time in bashing anyone who ever worked for the Patriots. When the team finishes 8-8 will they finally leave us alone??

The media wastes no time in bashing anyone who ever worked for the Patriots. When the team finishes 8-8 will they finally leave us alone??

No. Twenty years of torment has left deep scars.

That article I linked is beyond your normal weekly church goer. Some of these guys like Mark “I cried on TV over under inflated footballs” Brunell was harassing teammates with bible study fliers. Pastors masquerading as agents. Reggie White signed with the Packers because Mike Holmgren called him and pretended to be god. Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila is apparently the leader of a religious cult.
I think you’re over blowing the Reggie White thing.

Let people believe how they want to believe.

I think you’re over blowing the Reggie White thing.

Let people believe how they want to believe.
They can believe what every they want. I can feel about it however I want. That’s the beauty of it all.

They can believe what every they want. I can feel about it however I want. That’s the beauty of it all.
Why so bitter though? This thread really isn’t even about Easterby.

You’re pretty much using this as your own pulpit to sh!t on people you find religiously over zealous.

Why so bitter though? This thread really isn’t even about Easterby.

You’re pretty much using this as your own pulpit to sh!t on people you find religiously over zealous.
It’s not really that I hate religion. I just hate people that corrupt it and use it for personal gain and prey on people that truly believe.

well then Bunky....YOU need a big heaping slice of salvation ala mode! You need to find a church that meets the needs of today's Connecticut man about town...you need to attend JOE KERR'S CHURCH OF GOOD LOOKS

My church provides that quick, easy ticket to salvation with a simple, easy ceremony..."My son, YOU look good! Now go in peace and sin some more"....please leave $500 in unmarked 20's on the collection plate...bless your generous heart....

It’s not really that I hate religion. I just hate people that corrupt it and use it for personal gain and prey on people that truly believe.

I hate the hypocrisy, which is deeply rooted in US religiosity.

When someone like Easterby shows up with any degree of self promotion, I am automatically suspicious that he's up to something inauthentic, and keep an eye out for it. "Character coach" seemed ok, in line with what Slater brings to the team. But then it got weird, and I was relieved when he left. When he stared getting responsibilities in Houston that his work history would indicate he wasn't ready for, and it was clear something was really wrong. Someone in Houston fell for the "holier than thou" stuff and the submission to authority it requires. The psychology of all this is a deep well.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back