PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kind of OT: Jack Easterby article on SI

Someone's a little touchy. Are you a priest or something?
Maybe some people don’t like seeing bigotry and hate on a sports forum?

Easterby was brought into the Patriots as a character coach. He failed pretty spectacularly with the Patriots first signing needing that kind of help, Josh Gordon. He had one guy to work with and failed miserably.

Maybe some people don’t like seeing bigotry and hate on a sports forum?
Like the "bigotry" of a guy saying "you people want free speech for BLM"?

well then Bunky....YOU need a big heaping slice of salvation ala mode! You need to find a church that meets the needs of today's Connecticut man about town...you need to attend JOE KERR'S CHURCH OF GOOD LOOKS

My church provides that quick, easy ticket to salvation with a simple, easy ceremony..."My son, YOU look good! Now go in peace and sin some more"....please leave $500 in unmarked 20's on the collection plate...bless your generous heart....

Can I apply if I wear a paper bag?

Can I apply if I wear a paper bag?
you don't wear the paper bag...you put the cash in the paper bag...and then leave THAT in the collection basket. Deacon Duncan will take care of it from there. Be sure to take a "Heavenly Fresh" packet of Febreze on your way out and remember..."If you give a fin, it's time to sin!"

I have no idea who these characters are and am glad to have not wasted my time watching it
for shame, PWP, these characters came from books LONG before they were shown in a movie. Your imagination is bereft, if you haven't embraced the Harry Potter saga.

BTW- what is it you watch or read that you deem NOT to be a waste of your time?

I think you’re over blowing the Reggie White thing.

Let people believe how they want to believe.
Exactly. Our founders believed in freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion.

By the look of this thread there's some people here who shouldn't celebrate Christmas but I bet they do.

for shame, PWP, these characters came from books LONG before they were shown in a movie. Your imagination is bereft, if you haven't embraced the Harry Potter saga.

BTW- what is it you watch or read that you deem NOT to be a waste of your time?
I don't read or watch series by a Jets/Giants fan
Watch very little TV these days Dropped NETFLIX ages ago but will be forced to resubscribe for The Crown to stay married
Reading 2 books on immunotherapy plus a fiction book V2

Easterby was brought into the Patriots as a character coach. He failed pretty spectacularly with the Patriots first signing needing that kind of help, Josh Gordon. He had one guy to work with and failed miserably.
Wasn't Josh Gordon's issues with substance abuse? Not sure how that is related to his "character"?

After O'Brien was canned, rumor has it Texans players were telling people they had idea why Easterby around when O'Brien was still Coach.

Yes. I understand that a segment of the population is highly religious. In most Western / highly developed countries, religion is becoming a thing of the past. In the US, especially in southern states, religion seems to be very very important.

I still maintain that you & I are most likely very different. I suspect we have differing views on religion, politics, science, and a host of other hot topics.

But, while I can’t talk for you, we maybe have a few things in common. Notably, we cheer for the same team.

I don't read or watch series by a Jets/Giants fan
Watch very little TV these days Dropped NETFLIX ages ago but will be forced to resubscribe for The Crown to stay married
Reading 2 books on immunotherapy plus a fiction book V2
I didn't know JK Rowling was a Jets fan :eek: I might have to rethink my position. ;)

I've become addicted to audible, especially the detective genre. There is so much free content that I can go through 3 books a week listening while I do all sorts of things. I literally have to force myself to sit down an read a real book for at least an hour a day. Less when I'm working.

BTW- On TV I like a lot of the PBS fare like Masterpiece, and the inner nerd in me appreciates the Big Bang theory. ;)

Yes. I understand that a segment of the population is highly religious. In most Western / highly developed countries, religion is becoming a thing of the past. In the US, especially in southern states, religion seems to be very very important.

I still maintain that you & I are most likely very different. I suspect we have differing views on religion, politics, science, and a host of other hot topics.

But, while I can’t talk for you, we maybe have a few things in common. Notably, we cheer for the same team.
Yes, very different, we are 180 degrees apart on the issue of tolerance and no, religion is not becoming a thing of the past.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back