PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KC Chiefs at 7-0 in the AFC - Buying or Selling?

Very strong defense, strong ground game and a relatively conservative QB (from what I understand) who I think will improve as he gets more time with the receivers and coaching staff.

I'll buy and spend extra for a Put option just in case. I will be interested in seeing how they do against in the four games against Manning/Rivers and their game against Luck.

They remind me of all the other Chiefs teams that had great regular seasons then were one and done. Solid in all phases and an average QB.

They are good enough to win 13-14 games, the division and a first round bye but I still think Denver will take the west.

I'm definitely rooting them to beat out the Broncos and I like their D, but at this point and until after I see them play the Chargers 2x, the Broncos 2x, and the Colts I have to sell at this point.

I'm no fool I'm buying remember what Bill Parcells said about Teams who can run the Football and Play Good Defense? They win most of their games nuff said!

andy-reid-dance.gif

As someone already mentioned, I look at them in same vacuum as I did the 2011 49ers. While an incredibly talented, tough, and smashmouth football team, they just lacked that QB to get them over the hump.

If they get homefield advantage in the playoffs, it's going to be really difficult to go into Arrowhead and beat that team with that defense. If it comes down to having to have Alex Smith be the guy to win the game and not just merely manage it, then I think they're very beatable. Their wins this season have been against a lot of bad teams, which a lot people overlook when assessing them.

That defense is the real deal. I'm buying everything about them except Alex Smith.

I'm definitely rooting them to beat out the Broncos and I like their D, but at this point and until after I see them play the Chargers 2x, the Broncos 2x, and the Colts I have to sell at this point.
Denver couldn't handle the Colts Pass Rush. How do you expect them to handle the Chiefs Pass Rush? All the Chiefs D has to do is keep the game close to give Jamaal Charles a chance to run all over the opposition.

Look at their point differential; To me, it's more impressive than the Colts because the ratio of points scored to points allowed is greater (even if the differential is not).

Buying. They have a shutdown defense with solid but unspectacular defensive linemen, solid linebacker core, and an above average secondary. Offensively they aren't flashy but Charles is a beast and Alex Smith plays smart and efficient ball control offense.

KC had former Pats/Giants TE Jake Ballard in today for a workout. He could be a nice fit there if he is healthier, which he should be.

they win up front on both sides of the ball, yes I am buying them

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back