PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

KC Chiefs at 7-0 in the AFC - Buying or Selling?

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think Andy Reid is an excellent coach and much accolades go to him and his staff for winning every game for the 2-14 2012 Chiefs so far BUT....

Because they were 2-14 last season they have a beyond easy schedule thus far....going into tonight's game the Chiefs opponents have a 14-33 record 7 weeks into the season! :eek:

By default there is only 1 team out of their 7 opponents thus far with a winning record and that is Dallas squeaking over .500 at 4-3,their wins include both the Giants and Jax who have a combined record of 0-13 thus far.

I think when the season progresses you will see this team start to decline rapidly and its defense which is highly ranked right now come back down to earth.

The Chiefs IMO will end up 10-6 when the RS is over...I see double losses to Denver and possibly San Diego who is gaining steam as a contender....Indy and a trip to Washington will also be tough.

The Chiefs might even go to 9-0 by beating Cleveland and Buffalo before they lose most of the remaining games IMO.

I am not the least bit concerned about facing these guys in the playoffs should they come to Foxboro in the WC or AFCD game....this team will finish second in the West division with 2 or 3 games back of Denver and SD could be a sleeper as well to battle for the second best team in that division.

I am not sold on KC as a serious AFC contender in the least right now ....are you?

Re: KC Chiefs at 7-0 the AFC? - Buying or Selling?

Tough to judge until they've played a proper QB.

Re: KC Chiefs at 7-0 in the AFC? - Buying or Selling?

I'm kind of buying them. I mean they obviously had talent even in 12'. Weren't they in the playoffs the year before that?

Charles has been a top back for quite some time now and if Smith doesn't completely **** up i think they have a shot in most games with that D. You don't get to 7-0 in the NFL if you suck.

Obviously they were picked as the clear favorite for the "turn around" team in the NFL. They've always had a tough defense and needed a capable QB.

I think that they are certainly going to the playoffs, but I doubt they'll win the division though.

I think their lack of offense will bite them in the ass here eventually. It's pretty hard to gameplan for Jamaal Charles when you know that Alex Smith isn't going to throw the ball more than 5 yds downfield. They are paying Bowe 10 million+ to do absolutely nothing.

In the meantime, I think they have a legitimate shot at winning 12 or so games, but it's a shame that they'll likely be the 5th seed and unable to take advantage of their homefield in the playoffs.

I'm kind of buying them. I mean they obviously had talent even in 12'. Weren't they in the playoffs the year before that?

Charles has been a top back for quite some time now and if Smith doesn't completely **** up i think they have a shot in most games with that D. You don't get to 7-0 in the NFL if you suck.

They definitely are far from sucking, their defense is great. They have such a piss poor offense though, so I doubt that they'll be able to hang with the better teams in the league unless they hold them to 17 pts or less. That's fine for a lot of teams, especially with their home field advantage.

They'll likely be a 5th seed though and have to go on the road and win 3 games just to get to the SB against top notch competition, and they'll have to do it with practically no offense.

I don't think KC sucks,but I do think they are overrated based on who they have played thus far which is almost a guarantee at this point that only 1 team in their first 9 games will make the playoffs....only 1 team and that is Dallas unless Philly catches them.

Like I said,Its great to see a 2 win team the year before turn it around and I have much respect for Reid, but I want to see them beat SD or Denver even once to say they are a contender in the conference,beating the Giants,Raiders and Jax is something most teams will do this season.

With that D, yes I am buying the Chiefs right now.

Broncos Colts in the Playoffs and Chiefs Niners in the SB will be great matchups .

I havent given up on our team but at the same time I am not pinning a lot of hopes on our team now that we have major holes in the D,Yesterdays game was a big indicator of how porous our run D is without Wilfork. Lets hope the Redsox win the Series and Kraft goes and brings some offensive weapons for Brady to play with for next year.

I could post the obligatory Bill Parcells quote about a team's record, but nah. The Chiefs look really good on D and run well on O. They're balanced. They, like the Colts, are built a lot like the Pats' championship teams were.

Team with a game managing QB and a top defense...sound familiar?......buy! It's hard to believe this conservative offense is run by Andy Reid. You can actually see Smith thinking out there..."no risk, don't eff up".
Love the Chiefs....tackling machines.....great fans that deserve a nice run of success

It wouldn't shock me if the Chiefs win the west and the number 1 seed in the AFC. That defense is legit, but I can see them being 1 and done in the playoffs.

With that defence and a superb game manager like Alex Smith? Absolutely.

He doesn't need to light it up, just keep doing what he is doing. They scare me more than nay team in this division. They are a more complete team than Denver and I think they'll beat them. They will win the division.

I think Andy Reid is an excellent coach and much accolades go to him and his staff for winning every game for the 2-14 2012 Chiefs so far BUT....

Because they were 2-14 last season they have a beyond easy schedule thus far....going into tonight's game the Chiefs opponents have a 14-33 record 7 weeks into the season! :eek:

By default there is only 1 team out of their 7 opponents thus far with a winning record and that is Dallas squeaking over .500 at 4-3,their wins include both the Giants and Jax who have a combined record of 0-13 thus far.

I think when the season progresses you will see this team start to decline rapidly and its defense which is highly ranked right now come back down to earth.

The Chiefs IMO will end up 10-6 when the RS is over...I see double losses to Denver and possibly San Diego who is gaining steam as a contender....Indy and a trip to Washington will also be tough.

The Chiefs might even go to 9-0 by beating Cleveland and Buffalo before they lose most of the remaining games IMO.

I am not the least bit concerned about facing these guys in the playoffs should they come to Foxboro in the WC or AFCD game....this team will finish second in the West division with 2 or 3 games back of Denver and SD could be a sleeper as well to battle for the second best team in that division.

I am not sold on KC as a serious AFC contender in the least right now ....are you?

I have a new dream.

Cincy wins the AFCN and Indy the AFCS.
KC wins the AFCW at 15-1 and Denver is the WC at 14-2.
The Pats win the AFCE at 7-9 or 8-8 and host Denver on a cold windy day.
Meanwhile, a few teams (SD, Baltimore, Pitt, Houston) fight for the last WC spot while the others are out (with better records than the Pats).

Buying all of the reamining shares right now.

If the Pats don't win the SB this year I'm pulling for KC. I owe them that for 1969.

Buying.

I don't think anyone is that dominant right now. A lot of fan bases, this one included got very spoiled over the last few years because the difference between top and bottom was extensive.

Denver still looks like the class of the AFC, but Manning really is throwing wobblers and that will get worse as the year goes on (and their schedule hasn't been tough at all until last night).

Cinci isn't that good. No one in the AFCN is.
New England is the class of the AFCE, but they're very beatable.
Indy is a solid team - they had some big injuries last night.

KC is as legit as anyone else.

Heck, I'm not even afraid of anyone in the NFC this year. Parity seems to be making a rebound. Seattle might be tops thus far, but out of Seattle, they're beatable, too.

They're the 2011 49ers. I'll buy that. They'll crash to 12-4 or 11-5 because of a tough stretch at the end (losses vs DEN, @DEN, @SD, @OAK, maybe IND).

They're the 2011 49ers. I'll buy that. They'll crash to 12-4 or 11-5 because of a tough stretch at the end (losses vs DEN, @DEN, @SD, @OAK, maybe IND).

I'll be surprised if Denver beats them twice.

The donkeys are starting to get a little bit exposed...get in Manning's face and he's just lobbing it up for grabs.

A win is a win in the NFL given how "upsets" happen all the time, 7-0 is no easy feat, just ask the Broncos....:singing:

They keep playing defense they way they have and don't turn the ball over, they'll be contenders. They're 7-0 right now. I'm buying.

They are giving up 11.6ppg.
They are giving up 195 passing yards per game.
They are 1st in sacks with 35. 2nd place has 25.

This defense is on a historic pace, like 2000 Ravens level. If they keep it up, they'll be the #1 seed in the AFC. They've faced two top level offenses in the Eagles/Cowboys and grounded them.

Poe/Houston/Hali is the scariest pass rush the league has seen in a while.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back