PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kareem the Hunt(er)

Status
Not open for further replies.
one Elliot in Dallas will beg to differ.

Good point. Very similar cases. And I have the same questions for both. Why were no charges filed and how much do we expect the NFL to do when no charges were filed or arrests made.

Quick question if anyone knows. Will hunt still go through the waiver process this week even though he’s on the commissioners exempt list?

You should re-watch the video. He started it with a shove and ended it with a kick.

Yeah don’t know where he was going with that. Hunt started it and ended it.

I thought she went to the cops? If so he can request and be granted the video

She did ask for files to be charged but no charges were filed and no arrests were made from my understanding.

I'm not sure if KC would ask Kareem for video access for an incident that resulted with no charges or arrests. IOW, and this is all that I'm arguing, it's plausible that the NFL and KC did not see any video until now.

She did ask for files to be charged but no charges were filed and no arrests were made from my understanding.

I'm not sure if KC would ask Kareem for video access for an incident that resulted with no charges or arrests. IOW, and this is all that I'm arguing, it's plausible that the NFL and KC did not see any video until now.
Im with you on your point.

I think my point is if the NFL was focused on knowing the truth, they could have pressed Hunt to obtain the video. I think they chose not to or did and hoped it would never see the light of day

We will probably never find out the true answer.

Kc either took him at his word and didn’t bother to try to get the video since no charges were filed

Or

Kc did see the video and hoped nothing would come out to the public. Once it did they quickly went into damage control mode.

They definitely should’ve asked for the video once news of Hunt punching a man this summer came to light. That’s displaying a pattern that maybe he can’t control his aggression.

How does the footage being turned over to legal authorities equate to being a no question that KC saw the footage?

I understand she wanted to press charges. My question is why didn't the police department arrest him or file charges? To me that's the bigger issue in this case.

Unlike the Ray Rice case there were no charges or arrests. I'm not sure it's fair to expect the NFL or KC to punish a player under a conduct policy in which there wasn't an arrest or charges filed.

Very simple. How did TMZ obtain video?

If a puny news outlet like TMZ was able to obtain video, surely a billion dollar organization could?

If a puny news outlet like TMZ was able to obtain video, surely a billion dollar organization could?

Yeah the line of defense that they couldn’t obtain the video is BS.

Florida. Plus they thought that I may have fractured my socket. They probably would have had I responded with fists (which definitely crossed my mind at the time).

In CA you'd both have been arrested; the police have no discretion if there's evidence of domestic violence.

In truth we don't know that she called him a n****er. What we do know is that he assaulted her a number of times.
Exactly. There's things we know, and things we don't know. People are trying to use something we don't know happened to justify things we know happened. That just isn't how the theory of evidence works.

Forgive me for being politically incorrect in observing it certainly wouldn't be the first time an African-American played the race card to try and get out of trouble (or at least mitigate the damages). I reserve the right to change my mind if more (any) evidence surfaces, but for now no such evidence exists.

How does the footage being turned over to legal authorities equate to being a no question that KC saw the footage?

I understand she wanted to press charges. My question is why didn't the police department arrest him or file charges? To me that's the bigger issue in this case.

Unlike the Ray Rice case there were no charges or arrests. I'm not sure it's fair to expect the NFL or KC to punish a player under a conduct policy in which there wasn't an arrest or charges filed.

In this case Hunt wasn't charged or arrested so I'm not sure the NFL or KC saw a video.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why the people who say the NFL shouldn't do anything if there is no guilty verdict are wrong.

The video I saw was video taken by her friend on her phone. Was any of that video hotel video?

So my guess is that her friend or someone who got a copy of that video sent it to TMZ for some X-mas shopping cash. Not sure I expect the NFL to gain access to a friend's phone.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this is why the people who say the NFL shouldn't do anything if there is no guilty verdict are wrong.

I don't understand your point.

The video I saw was video taken by her friend on her phone. Was any of that video hotel video?

So my guess is that her friend or someone who got a copy of that video sent it to TMZ for some X-mas shopping cash. Not sure I expect the NFL to gain access to a friend's phone.

the video that recently got released is hotel security footage.

Ok I watched the hotel video

they were expecting it to not go public eventually?
I believe that someone was holding the video and letting this play out.

Hunt said that he called hotel security and went to bed. The Chiefs took Hunts word. I believe that the Chiefs knew about this, but did not have video evidence that Hunt was lying.

Somebody sprung the video now past trade deadline and at the start of the post season run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes