PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kaepernick ..... Tryout Edition

1) Benedict Kraft caves to his OverLord...... just like old times
2) BB will send team consultant The Deflator
3) Will the Patriots Team Store sell Pig Socks in team colors?

His numbers, albeit from 2016, are not half bad.

Blount and Hogan were also really good in 2016. Want them back? They also have the advantage of not sitting around letting their bodies atrophy.

Last edited:
Blount and Hogan were also really good in 2016. Want them back? They also have the advantage of not sitting around letting their body atrophy.

That's what the workout is for...to determine if he's still in shape. Presumably if the Pats sign him they would have determined he's still has something left in the tank.

That's what the workout is for...to determine if he's still in shape.

The workout is a publicity stunt. Teams could have worked him out privately to determine if he's still in shape.

In any event, if you acknowledge that whether or not he's in shape is an unknown I can't see how you can confidently assert he'd be a better option than Stidham.

Can he kick field goals?

Would rather Stidham come in if Brady gets hurt. Kaep is a better fit for Baltimore.

Brady is happy that he's getting a chance.

The workout is a publicity stunt. Teams could have worked him out privately to determine if he's still in shape.

In any event, if you acknowledge that whether or not he's in shape is an unknown I can't see how you can confidently assert he'd be a better option than Stidham.

Obviously I'm making the assumption that if the Pats sign him he's in decent football shape by their own determination. He's a veteran QB who has been to the Super Bowl. I'll take his experience over Stidham's who wasn't even ready to play back in September (by his own admission). Do I think it's a great idea? No, but obviously the Pats are looking at him and they are only 1 of 10 teams to do so. Maybe Bill thinks the backup QB position needs to be addressed for the remainder of the season. Or maybe he thinks Kap can be a gadget type player. Who knows.

Last edited:
If the Pats want to know how to beat the Ravens, they’d sign him. If they meet again, I’d think the Pats lose.

If the Pats want to know how to beat the Ravens, they’d sign him. If they meet again, I’d think the Pats lose.
I’m not convinced you do think. This thread seems to not be about thinking rather it’s about tossing **** around like it’s laser tag or paintball only it’s **** instead of a laser gun or ****ball instead of a paintball.

Oh, good news, it’s Happy Hour! Cheers everyone!

Obviously I'm making the assumption that if the Pats sign him he's in decent football shape by their own determination.

Except you'd already decided he's a better option than Stidham before the workout.

He's a veteran QB who has been to the Super Bowl.

There are lots of those. That doesn't mean they are in playing condition in 2019.

Where’s the beast?

all is see is a broke down cry baby!!!

Except you'd already decided he's a better option than Stidham before the workout.

There are lots of those. That doesn't mean they are in playing condition in 2019.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my original post - if the Pats sign someone, I assume he is ready to play. I was speaking purely on his experience and ability.

As far as backup QBs, who else is available now? The other option besides Kap, if Bill is not comfortable with Stidham, is Sam Bradford.

Last edited:
Bend Over Bob doing his buddy Goodell a solid by saying the Patriots will be at the dog and pony show.

Not really sure what a dog and pony show is, but I always hear it used so fcuk it.

As far as backup QBs, who else is available now? The other option besides Kap, if Bill is not comfortable with Stidham, is Sam Bradford.

Cassel would be a better option than Kaepernick. At least he's played recently.

I've seen nothing from Stidham that gives me confidence in him.
That's not to say he is not ready ... we haven't really seen him.
I thought it was better to keep him than Hoyer - who I knew was useless.

If Kaep is a much better option than Stidham I say sign him.
I don't much care for him personally - but business is business and ours is Lombardis.
Stidham easily could suffer turf toe as the ink is drying on the contract.
Like him or hate him ... he deserves a chance like anyone else.

For the record Kraft was a matchmaker in Jay-z and the NFL.
Jay-Z has been pressuring the league to get Kaep back in.
Patriots will have someone at the workout.
Of course we know Kraft never gets involved in the groceries. :confused::confused::confused:

Just a things that make you go hmmm.

People thought the 11 days of AB was a sideshow. Signing this guy would be that amplified by 10x.

I've seen nothing from Stidham that gives me confidence in him.
That's not to say he is not ready ... we haven't really seen him.
I thought it was better to keep him than Hoyer - who I knew was useless.

If Kaep is a much better option than Stidham I say sign him.
I don't much care for him personally - but business is business and ours is Lombardis.
Stidham easily could suffer turf toe as the ink is drying on the contract.
Like him or hate him ... he deserves a chance like anyone else.
I think if BB thought he needed a better option than Stidham, he would have brought someone in other than Wednesday practice Brady placeholder Kessler.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back