PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Fields

I would have severe reservations about any major program QBs. They have always had advantages they won't get in the NFL. Fields and Lawrence...I wouldn't break the bank for.

With the 3rd pick, it doesn't matter in my view...Lawrence and Wilson are gone at 1 and 2 so they can tip their hand all they want.
Not if they think BB is desperate for Jimmy and are trying to squeeze a #1 out of him.

Reading McDaniels has been in constant contact with Mond since the senior bowl he could be a shocker at 15 if they think he’s the guy.
Sounds like a terrible idea

Who was the ND QB that Mel Kiper was so high on, moaning throughout day one of the draft that teams were missing out on the best player available as he fell down to the bottom of the 1st round, then turned out to be a total bust in the NFL? One has to be cautious of "expert" opinions.
Brady Quinn?

The thing to realize is those teams have a lot of needs. We appear to potentially be a QB away and it is by far our greatest weakness. People here are suggesting we, as the most QB needy team pass on these guys.
So there is no guarantee at all that teams like Atlanta, Denver, Carolina, Washington with many holes across there roster will pass up on other needs to draft a QB.
But they may, so we need to get into position to grab our guy and if it means trading up higher than we may have had to, so be it, because it’s a glaring need and a hole that could set the franchise back many years by not being filled.

yes, but unless you are completely in love with all 4 top qbs its far too risky to spend 3 firsts on a complete unknown. And we dont know how much bb likes the qbs after Lawrence and wilson. I personally would do 3 firsts for Lawrence, MAYBE 3 for Wilson, but neither are within realistic reach and after that it gets to be tricky.

from where we are picking and the market which has been set for moving into the top 5, it becomes a balance between filling your need without letting desperation cost you down the road. Mond or mills should be there in round 2 if there isnt an efficient trade up opportunity

Reading McDaniels has been in constant contact with Mond since the senior bowl he could be a shocker at 15 if they think he’s the guy.
Better chance OJ was innocent

yes, but unless you are completely in love with all 4 top qbs its far too risky to spend 3 firsts on a complete unknown. And we dont know how much bb likes the qbs after Lawrence and wilson. I personally would do 3 firsts for Lawrence, MAYBE 3 for Wilson, but neither are within realistic reach and after that it gets to be tricky.

from where we are picking and the market which has been set for moving into the top 5, it becomes a balance between filling your need without letting desperation cost you down the road. Mond or mills should be there in round 2 if there isnt an efficient trade up opportunity
We don't know how Bill likes any of the qb's, Wilson and Lawrence included.

Sounds like Fields could fall. A lot of bad rumors being spread about the guy's work ethic. Could be disinformation or it could be a legitimate concern. But it would raise red flags with the Patriots if true.

There's a ton of mis-information out there now. I wouldn't put a lot of stock in any of it at this point. Anything we read could be used to throw other teams off the scent.

The things we know:
  1. Bill is very difficult to predict. He could trade up to get his guy. He could hold at 15. He could trade down and stockpile picks. The only thing I think is certain is that he won't trade up today, and he'll wait to see how it unfolds on draft night. Now watch them trade today.
  2. Someone will fall on draft night. Whether it's one of these QBs, WRs or any other player, the talking heads will be going bananas. IMO it's all a set up, because it makes great theater. They will expect someone to fall and make it a great TV show. It never goes according to script because what fun would that be?

One thing to always remember. If these draft gurus were as good as some here think they are, they would be working for NFL franchises making huge amounts of money. Instead they are writing these draft publications not working in the NFL. Perhaps they aren't as good as we give them credit for.

#15 of round 3 would even be a reach

#15 of round 3 would even be a reach
Bills never been afraid about where he’s drafting a guy however and I mean this with sincerity and love I hope Kraft puts an end to that crap this draft.
That brought us the Jordan Richards and Duron Harmons.

With the 3rd pick, it doesn't matter in my view...Lawrence and Wilson are gone at 1 and 2 so they can tip their hand all they want.
Agreed, all this smoke screen chat is just a smoke screen

We aren’t landing him. He’s going to San Fran at 3. If he adapts to the pro game, his god-given skills make him the perfect prototype to run Shanahan’s offense.

Let's see what an actual NFL quarterback with ten years of experience in the league says about Justin Fields and his ability to read the, ahem, field. He is far from a single-read thrower. In any other year, Fields is the #1 pick. If we have even the slightest chance to go get him at #4 somehow, then we should do it.

He plays like neither of them. Best pro comp is Deshaun Watson without the massage fetish.
That we know of. Watson seemed a clean cut good boy until this thing. Not that I think he's necessarily a terrible guy now, just a really creepy creep.

We aren’t landing him. He’s going to San Fran at 3. If he adapts to the pro game, his god-given skills make him the perfect prototype to run Shanahan’s offense.
That would be funny if he does go to San Fran at number 3, especially with all the reports saying Jones and Lance are their top two choices...going to make for an interesting night.

One thing to always remember. If these draft gurus were as good as some here think they are, they would be working for NFL franchises making huge amounts of money. Instead they are writing these draft publications not working in the NFL. Perhaps they aren't as good as we give them credit for.

Mike Mayock is the one that stands out to me (though I can't remember if he was a team executive who went into media, or whether he started in media to begin with). But his record so far with the Raiders still leaves much to be desired. He's the only one I can think of that has actually been hired by an NFL team. Anyone else?

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back