PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just turned 25 today and was wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.

StockingAnarchyNumber12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
How old were you guys when you became Patriots fans? Kids? Teens? 20s? 30s? Etc? Turning 25 made me curious about age and fandom and never saw this question asked here when I was here.

Also: When do the body pains begin? :eek:

I see. Who was the QB and were we decent back then?
Steve Grogan. And we were decent in 1976 (had an AFCCG appearance and possibly a Superbowl stolen from us) through 1978, then went way downhill in the early 1980s (2-14 in 1981, IIRC?)

I was 5ish (1985-1986), but really solidified when I was 11 (1991).

I watched SB24 with my old man, and he was so excited that we were in it, but it was a blowout...and not for us. He was really upset, but his passion really stuck with me that night and though we didn't get the Patriots on TV much in Virginia, I treasured the little Pats things I could get my hands on, including a pencil that had the old logo and "PATRIOTS" in what I called the "cowboy writing".

My old man took me to the Pats-Oilers game in 1991, which we actually won 24-20. I was in, a fan for good.

I was 5ish (1985-1986), but really solidified when I was 11 (1991).
Same here. Was a kid and first started paying attention during the WC run of ‘85. Loved the underdog role, but apparently not as much as I thought because I lost interest in the late 80s/early 90s prior to the first pick in the draft with Bledsoe. Had to have been the first person in my town to rock the Bledsoe jersey, which ironically enough, I received many compliments on.

4-5 yrs older, though, but same story.

my daddy took me to my first game at foxboro stadium in 1989

i was 5 years old

1998. I was 9 years old. Someone gave me a Bledsoe jersey & the rest is history.

10 years old. The Patriots were losing to the Dolphins so I decided to root for the underdogs. They lost but went on to finally win in the postseason.

There's no doubt in my mind that if I had turned on that TV and the Dolphins were losing I'd be a Dolphins fan right now.

HBD, by the way. Hope it’s a good one.

First season I actively followed was 2004. I was 9. Joined Patsfans when I was 14, and now I'm 22...

Happy birthday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back