PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just turned 25 today and was wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was 18 and in the military when the Pats became an AFL team......up until then I was a NY Giants fan.......

I'm 33

the first patriot game i remember watching was the packers superbowl loss.

I went to a handful of games with my dad in the 80's. I was 12 when the Pats were in SB 20 against the Bears. I was rooting for them and I liked them and all but I don't think I was a true fan. In late 1990 I would play Tecmo Bowl with my buddy after school and that's where I learned the basic rules of football with downs and distance and it finally made sense to me. I really got into the NFC Championship game that season between the 49rs and Giants and then the Super Bowl with Giants and Bills. I decided to really get into football and follow it so I hopped on the Patriots bandwagon on the ground floor right after their 1990 1-15 season (My avatar is Rod Rust who coached that one terrible season and my username is because of him) and have been hooked ever since.

I was 18 and in the military when the Pats became an AFL team......up until then I was a NY Giants fan.......
I lived in Northern Maine and the local channel owner was a Giants fan so we got the Giants instead of the Patriots in the 60s. Thankfully, that changed in the 70s.

Haha. Hudson Bay blanket was the only thing that kept my ass from freezing.

1972. Full on fan, 1974.
I’m 80’s but we always brought some weird flannel blankets wrapped in plastic with a zipper somehow.

SB20 right?

Yep. Don't know where my brain was...I always call it the 1985 Super Bowl (even though it was technically in 1986), so I took a stab at trying to remember. :oops:

How old were you guys when you became Patriots fans? Kids? Teens? 20s? 30s? Etc? Turning 25 made me curious about age and fandom and never saw this question asked here when I was here.

Also: When do the body pains begin? :eek:
giphy.gif

Around 8 or 9 (RI'er) and I was watching a Giants Pats game with my Dad and Uncles who were all Giant fans and I heard the name Randy Vataha and for whatever reason bucked the trend and was hooked on the Pats.

I was born in MA but when I was still a kitten, my family moved across the country in the early 1980's. That actually strengthened my resolve and I have been a Patriots and Red Sox Cat since that time. There was no internet available for public use back then so I had to check box scores in the newspaper or watch a scrolling ticker below another team's game OR even worse wait for Sports Center.

By the way, happy birthday.

my first game was supposedly 1967 at fenway......I was 6......I don't remember it or I have a vague recollection of several games back then

Babe Parilli was QB.......I don't remember that, either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back