PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just turned 25 today and was wondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 8 or 9 (RI'er) and I was watching a Giants Pats game with my Dad and Uncles who were all Giant fans and I heard the name Randy Vataha and for whatever reason bucked the trend and was hooked on the Pats.

Well played.

Always loved Randy Vataha, Darryl Stingly, and Russ Francis.

11 or 10 years old. 1976 (I'm an old fart :) ) Bicentennial, Grogan, I'll let you do the math. Happy birthday.

Pains? You lost me there. How old are you? Are we talking growth spurts, or fan pain? ( If fan pain, I saw 1-15 and 2-14 twice. I saw LII. I saw Morgan get crippled. But the worst fan pain was the 1976 divisional.)
Edit: Oh, 25. It isn't pain, just aches. Not new, you had them before and they lasted a minute then you recovered from what ever you should not have done. It will slowly get to 2 minutes, then 4 minutes, then hours.

Last edited:
02 ~ Heh. I remember the last Game of 1981 remarkably well, because it was The Toilet Bowl: The 2-13 Patriots against the 1-14 Colts. The Pats managed to pull off the "Defeat" by dropping their 2nd Game to the Colts, thus securing the #1 Pick in the Draft, where Kenneth Sims of Texas was supposed to be a Sure Thing SuperStar!!
jester.gif

Ah, yes ... that's where I came in. I realized that the Pats would have the Number One pick and I'd seen this guy from USC who won the Heisman Trophy, a running back called Marcus Allen. I thought "Great, the Pats will choose him!" Ah, how little I knew!

The morning after the last game at old Foxboro Stadium, I greeted my ailing dad, who said, like always, "Well, the Patriots tried their best...it just wasn't quite good enough..."

I then rewound and played the tape on the VCR of the rest of the game, after he'd turned off the TV when the Raiders recovered the ball after the Woodson hit.

Like Father, Like Son.
spock.gif

Dude.

You know damned well that you betrayed and abandoned this Team.

You gave up.

You sold'm out.

The Losing finally broke you...and you abandoned them.

And now you want back in.

If you weren't such a persistent hypocrite ~ acting like you're a True Fan, when you're the most despicable TurnCoat ~ I wouldn't bother calling you on it.
th_coffee.gif

I was born into it, first game i went to at Foxborough was when i was 6

I've always been a Pats fan.

Yeah. Except when you abandoned and betrayed them. :eek:

But after we started racking up Championships without you, broke you down again, and you couldn't take us amassing Glory pretty much from the moment you abandoned us, and decided to try to slink back in via the back door, while proclaiming yourself the greatest fan of all, despite your disgusting betrayal, in a legendary act of rank hypocrisy, you've been super loyal.
thumb.gif

First game I recall watching was 1976 regular season game against Raiders (age 6), because my dad attended and I thought I might see him on TV. It was only game Raiders lost that year and we almost beat them in playoffs (Sugar Bear phantom roughing passer). After that, it was on. I was a sports nut because of Dad, and watched or listened to every Sox and Celts game too. We moved to southern NH in 1979 and in early 1980s, Pats often did not sell out, so Boston market got blacked out for TV coverage, which southern NH was part of. Pops would work the giant antenna on the roof like a champ and we would get a grainy picture of the game from the Portland Maine affiliate, who were far enough away to avoid the blackout.....Pops also attended the 1986 Super Bowl against Bears, where late in the game he joined the chant “We scored first!”

Hah!! Crazy about you and your Dad!!
smiley_headbanger.gif

I listened to that deliriously delightful defenestration of the 1976 Raider on the radio in my Dad's Car in the parking lot of where he worked, 'cause 'twas'is weekend to watch my Sister'n' me and he had to go into Work for awhile...

I was genuinely bewildered by the wonderfully horrible things that we were doing to those erstwhile extraordinary Raiders...but I got over it!! :D

Moved to NH in 85 from Dallas and adopted the Pats and never looked back. I was 16, dad was a cowboys fan, told me I was a fool for abandoning his team. In 96 moved to the DC area and remained an avid Pats fan, converting my wife, and taking 2 decades of crap from Ravens and Skins fans. Moved back to NE about a year and a half ago, and have been to 2 games so far!! (Ravens last year and Bills a couple of weeks ago!) In central shoreline of CT, just have to put up with Jests fans here and there.... but am back in Pats Land so who cares about them?

40... it all starts wearing out, not healing as fast and all of that stuff. I thought it was a joke, but dang, not so. Activity, advil, and medical Mj help:D

Like Father, Like Son.
spock.gif

Dude.

You know damned well that you betrayed and abandoned this Team.

You gave up.

You sold'm out.

The Losing finally broke you...and you abandoned them.

And now you want back in.

If you weren't such a persistent hypocrite ~ acting like you're a True Fan, when you're the most despicable TurnCoat ~ I wouldn't bother calling you on it.
th_coffee.gif
You+talking+to+me.jpg

Yeah. Except when you abandoned and betrayed them. :eek:

But after we started racking up Championships without you, broke you down again, and you couldn't take us amassing Glory pretty much from the moment you abandoned us, and decided to try to slink back in via the back door, while proclaiming yourself the greatest fan of all, despite your disgusting betrayal, in a legendary act of rank hypocrisy, you've been super loyal.
thumb.gif
:rolleyes:
upload_2018-1-7_15-15-45.jpegI reckon you're from the South...
th
Dilly, Dilly!!

Congratulations! ESPN has a job for you!

I was around ten... hated the cowboys...I picked the pats honestly because I thought the logo was cool and everyone thought I was insane to root for them. That’s just me.
Welcome to the club.

"Everyone" includes a lot of locals around here too...of course a lot of them jumped on the bandwagon, but we know who they are...let's add a sixth trophy next month to piss them off more...

25? are you trolling the falcons? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case