PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just saw Tedy about the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, we have to hear from more outlets, not just take a former player's word because he's treated like a God around here.

Besides, Tedy isn't the end all, be all of Pats inside info. If he was, why didn't he report on this trade before others like Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer get the scoop?

Well, its been stated earlier in this thread that Troy Brown reported the Moss tension on the flight home was palpable. You have two inside sources with the team, well respected, and never one to "scoop" to boost their own image. They wouldn't do this stuff in deference. These two have that integrity and have credibility others dont for just that reason.

I still gave him the benefit of the doubt right up until the trade. Even after the week 1 blowup, they played that locker room clip of him taking over Tedy's role in the 'Awwww Yeah' routine and it's really hard to see things unfold like this.

Now who's going to take over the "Awwwwwwww Yeah" rountine now? Just who will it be?

Well, I heard some people talkin’ just the other day
And they said you were gonna put me on a shelf
But let me tell you I got some news for you
And you’ll soon find out it’s true
And then you’ll have to eat your lunch all by yourself
’cause I’m already gone
And I’m feelin’ strong
I will sing this vict’ry song, woo, hoo,hoo,woo,hoo,hoo

Was that on her Twitter? Wonder if she deleted it. I don't see it. (or maybe my computer is acting up?)

shalise manza young (shalisemyoung) on Twitter

It's her second item.

Another opinion from Reiss, everyone's favorite.

Locker-room chemistry and leadership question.

After the Patriots’ season-opening win over the Bengals, video of Moss leading the locker room “breakdown” appeared on the team’s Website. It seemed to reflect how Moss, who was previously a team captain, was a locker-room leader. With this trade, one now wonders how accurate that perception truly was in all corners of the locker room.

Good riddance. They don't need him.

Said Moss had become a locker room issue and a distraction and it was time for him to go.

iam not so sure..i respect tedy but no teammate ever complained about moss..

You know, I've been reading the "Brady will be p*ssed" comments. But part of me wonders if he will be. We all know how great Brady is at saying the right things, as he has done with Moss. I think part of him will miss Moss's skills, no doubt. And I think he likes Randy the person. But Brady's pretty smart and a winner. I wouldn't be shocked to find out at some point that he backed the idea of moving on from Moss for the good of the team -- from the offensive strategy to the ongoing distractions. Maybe the Jets game was his final try to make it work.

We don't know.

Brady was not afraid to show his unhappiness at Branch leaving, so who knows.

No problem, I think we are all a little stunned and testy.

But I think this had to happen. You could just tell from game 1 on, Moss needed to be coddled. If the Jets game was a byproduct of that, then I think we can agree it's best he's gone. :(

I agree with a lot of what you're saying BUT...

He had an impact in the first half, when the Patriots were really taking it to the Jets.

So we can't say what would have happened without him. Not many WRs could make that big catch over Revis.

Well, its been stated earlier in this thread that Troy Brown reported the Moss tension on the flight home was palpable. You have two inside sources with the team, well respected, and never one to "scoop" to boost their own image. They wouldn't do this stuff in deference. These two have that integrity and have credibility others dont for just that reason.

The fact that Moss was not re-elected a captain this year might be more telling about his effect in the locker room than anything smy, or Reiss or anyone else has to say.

We don't know.

Brady was not afraid to show his unhappiness at Branch leaving, so who knows.

This is not a sudden thing. Despite how it appears a bomb was dropped on us, this did not suddenly happen.

I doubt Tom is waking up, turning on the news and going "OMGWTF!!!!!!??????"

And yet the way I saw him after the Fins game. That's the Tom I remember from yore.

I think he's fine.

Randy Moss is like a high maintenance girlfriend. You walk on egg shells for 3 years, hoping everything will be ok and that she won't blow up and have a meltdown until finally you get tired of banging her and constantly worrying about her bs. We're free! LOL

If this was true, it is indeed sad because this is the second time that he expressed his displeasure openly and as a result drawing unncessary attention to himself during the time when the entire team should be celebrating for a solid win by all three units.

I was out of the country and couldn't watch the Monday game. Was Moss double-teamed much for him to be shut out?

By all accounts, he ran hard and played hard. I watched the entire game and the few times they replayed what he was doing, he was really busting it upfield. One time he was even in the clear for a TD, but Brady was being pressured a lot. Brady got sacked 3 times, because Light and Vollmer couldn't handle Wake. So, Randy was going way upfield and taking defenders with him, while Brady was being pressured and dumping it off.

Combine that with 3 lost possessions from special teams play allowing the Phins to have a TOP advantage, and all the running we did, and that = 0 catches for Moss.

Oh, and he dropped a catchable ball in the end zone.

Exactly what he just said on sportscenter. He also said that this would be a good thing for Brady and the offense because it will return the O to its championship style of multiple threats, Not just one focus. He said he's heard lots of stuff whispered about Moss coming out of the locker room.

I believe Tedy on this.

frankly tedy isnt analyzing a lot here...its not the same team as 01 teams , its not the same defense and more importantly, the opponents are a lot better. not to mention we dont have romeo,weis,jmcd either
if dink and dunk and having avg wr was the secret to winning SB's then every team would do it. its fascinating to think of it but tedy is clearly being nostalgic than analytical.

Last edited:
I agree, it is an inconsiderate and insanely stupid comparison...

Do you guys know what a cancer is when used in colloquial sports lexicon? Hardly something to get offended about... yeesh.

By all accounts, he ran hard and played hard. I watched the entire game and the few times they replayed what he was doing, he was really busting it upfield. One time he was even in the clear for a TD, but Brady was being pressured a lot. Brady got sacked 3 times, because Light and Vollmer couldn't handle Wake. So, Randy was going way upfield and taking defenders with him, while Brady was being pressured and dumping it off.

Combine that with 3 lost possessions from special teams play allowing the Phins to have a TOP advantage, and all the running we did, and that = 0 catches for Moss.

Oh, and he dropped a catchable ball in the end zone.

Watching from the stands, 90% of the time Moss took a safety with him. This was most clearly evident on the Woodhead TD, where Moss cleared out the safety leaving Woodhead 1 on 1 on an LB. Even when he goes catchless, he is a huge, irreplaceable weapon. That being said, we still have enough weapons to be competitive if the defense continues to improve.

Troy just echoed Tedy's comments that he thinks the offense could be better without Moss and Brady looking for multiple receiving options rather than relying on Moss.

That's pure emotion, from a football standpoint the offense will surely NOT be better without Moss.

From Moss' standpoint it makes sense that he would want out since it was obvious that the Patriots had more weapons his numbers would see a hit. He's in the last year of his contract and playing with a slinger like Favre is a good 'business' decision for him. If the Patriots had attempted to extend him I'm sure that would have been his ideal situation.

At this point, Moss' selfishness and my distaste for what he just did is only a little bit less than Branch's fiasco. Moss at least played and helped the team for 4 games, but to shoot your way out of town and thus weakening the offense during the season really pisses me off! I highly doubt he was a lockerroom problem, as we'd have heard a lot more about that from the "insiders", but it definitely looks like he wasn't mentally in it for the 2010 season with his contract status. He shot his way out of here, and it's a damn shame because that character of his I defended just took a hit. Not as bad as some will make it out to be as if he was quitting or bringing the team morale down but the business side of football sure does stink for the fans at times (well not Vikings fans right now I guess).

And hey, who knows maybe Favre has been texting him non-stop playing on his psyche.

Remember that breathing room the defense had to grow while the offense helped carry the team... that just got a lot smaller. Moss might break the single game receiving record when we play them, no doubt Favre will throw it to him however many times he wants.

Moss cant be a cancer stop with the stupid disease quotes.

Have you heard the term, "Figure of speech"? It's used all the time and will continue to be used...get used to it.

Troy Brown says Randy was great in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes