PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just saw Tedy about the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtsleeve

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Said Moss had become a locker room issue and a distraction and it was time for him to go.

Said Moss had become a locker room issue and a distraction and it was time for him to go.

Tedy does still have friends in the locker room. He may have inside sources. If he is a cancer, he needed to go especially with a young impressionable team.

That's one person's opinion. We have to hear more.

shalisemyoung shalise manza young
FWIW, hearing that Moss was not a problem with teammates or causing any disruptions within the team

Moss cant be a cancer stop with the stupid disease quotes.

Will the real Randy please stand up!

New England does not let Moss grow under it's feet.

Tedy does still have friends in the locker room. He may have inside sources. If he is a cancer, he needed to go especially with a young impressionable team.

Exactly what he just said on sportscenter. He also said that this would be a good thing for Brady and the offense because it will return the O to its championship style of multiple threats, Not just one focus. He said he's heard lots of stuff whispered about Moss coming out of the locker room.

I believe Tedy on this.

That's one person's opinion. We have to hear more.

SMY also said Adalius Thomas hadn't become a distraction and was a model citizen while playing for the Patriots. Tedy's opinion holds much more credibility than hers.

Well he was turning to the old moss from Oakland, Coach won't put up with that, not one sec. So now he's gone. Lets try to move on now!

SMY also said Adalius Thomas hadn't become a distraction and was a model citizen while playing for the Patriots. Tedy's opinion holds much more credibility than hers.
Yes, if anyone knows what the Pats are all about, it's Tedy. I believe him.

Bruschi also said that if they couldn't get the 3rd rounder for him, something still would've needed to be done. Basically implying releasing him or sending him home for the year.

Not surprised at all. This isn't a Seymour situation where the value was just too good to pass up. There was obviously some stuff going on behind the scenes here.

Exactly what he just said on sportscenter. He also said that this would be a good thing for Brady and the offense because it will return the O to its championship style of multiple threats, Not just one focus. He said he's heard lots of stuff whispered about Moss coming out of the locker room.

I believe Tedy on this.
I do, also. From my viewpoint, it's difficult, if not impossible, to imagine that he would be untruthful rwegarding this.

Bruschi also said that if they couldn't get the 3rd rounder for him, something still would've needed to be done. Basically implying releasing him or sending him home for the year.

Not surprised at all. This isn't a Seymour situation where the value was just too good to pass up. There was obviously some stuff going on behind the scenes here.

yup. We'll likely never know the extent but we can guess.

Tell that to the brilliant GM wannabes on the boards though. :rolleyes:

Well then alot of the players are full of **** if that's true. All I read after the week 1 media blowup was how much they all loved Moss and wanted him there.

Moss cant be a cancer stop with the stupid disease quotes.

I apologize if using cancer in the locker room offends you or anyone else, but locker room cancer is a universally accepted term in sports. Even if I stop, that term is never going away.

Well then alot of the players are full of **** if that's true. All I read after the week 1 media blowup was how much they all loved Moss and wanted him there.

They're standing up for a guy they have to play with. Not saying all of them weren't truthful, but tell me the last time a Patriots player came out and spoke against another player specifically. Even Thomas didn't do that, and I'm sure he had some problems with guys that were taking his snaps.

You just don't do that on the Patriots, it's part of the team culture.

You know, I've been reading the "Brady will be p*ssed" comments. But part of me wonders if he will be. We all know how great Brady is at saying the right things, as he has done with Moss. I think part of him will miss Moss's skills, no doubt. And I think he likes Randy the person. But Brady's pretty smart and a winner. I wouldn't be shocked to find out at some point that he backed the idea of moving on from Moss for the good of the team -- from the offensive strategy to the ongoing distractions. Maybe the Jets game was his final try to make it work.

Last edited:

What else would they say? The number one rule is don't cause a distraction or make one worse by opening your big mouth to the media. Do you honestly believe everything they say? Because Moss said he wanted to here, as well.

*Sigh* well I guess if this is all true it was the right decision. I really really really hate losing him but it is what is. But teams have won in the past with malcontents. I know its basketball but look at the boston celtics, ray allen is like the only normal person on the team and they won a finals and nearly a 2nd one. Although basketball teams are way smaller. But is having a locker room cancer hurting your team enough down to that your team is better off with a significantly worse player and have everyone on the same page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News