PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just saw Tedy about the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, it is an inconsiderate and insanely stupid comparison...

Are we going to get all LIBERAL on a football website?

Take it to the political forum...they'll LOVE it!!

By all accounts, he ran hard and played hard. I watched the entire game and the few times they replayed what he was doing, he was really busting it upfield. One time he was even in the clear for a TD, but Brady was being pressured a lot. Brady got sacked 3 times, because Light and Vollmer couldn't handle Wake. So, Randy was going way upfield and taking defenders with him, while Brady was being pressured and dumping it off.

Combine that with 3 lost possessions from special teams play allowing the Phins to have a TOP advantage, and all the running we did, and that = 0 catches for Moss.

Oh, and he dropped a catchable ball in the end zone.

Thanks!

If he did reasonably well, I wonder what happened to make the plane ride back home filled with tension.

And to your point about him going upfield and taking defenders with him, isn't this something that can be duplicated by other WRs? Don't get me wrong, I am trying to pacify myself that not having Moss will not be that big a deal as I fear it would.

btw, looks like he wasn't double-teamed much even in the earlier games, right?

Thanks again,

Troy Brown says Randy was great in the locker room.

He said the year he was there he was great in the locker room. He said that he didn't know about now either way.

Are we going to get all LIBERAL on a football website?

Take it to the political forum...they'll LOVE it!!

The Mel Gibson avatar takes a stupid post and makes it funny.

Me too.

My question is if this was all avoidable.

They didn't intend to give him a long term contract with a lockout possible, which is their right. Great as he is, you never know about a mid thirties player that depends on his legs.

Could they have played the year out? It seems Moss was anxious about being a free agent in the lockout and forced the issue. He wanted a guarantee he would have a contract now.

In a normal situation, his play with the Pats would have made him a popular free agent, but not this year.

Do you guys know what a cancer is when used in colloquial sports lexicon? Hardly something to get offended about... yeesh.

Exactly. I just had major cancer surgery this summer and the thought to be offended never crossed my mind. Having rabbit ears to possible offenses isn't going to make your life pleasent.

Albert Breer echos Tedy and Troy that he thinks Brady will be a better QB for the loss of Moss and that the Pats will come out winners in the end.

There is a good Moss and also a bad Moss.Let hope we can move on and give a a big FU to all the haters. In Bill we trust, I know it's sound shallow. Look we are load on draft picks and have alot of cap room. Bill is always ahead of everybody.

you're right. the only alternative was to let it fester for weeks and get air playfrom the media and spiral out of control. Belichick handled it the only way he could, he removed the problem. would he liked to get more in return, sure. He got what he got and the team moves on.

Albert Breer echos Tedy and Troy that he thinks Brady will be a better QB for the loss of Moss and that the Pats will come out winners in the end.

Brady being a "better" QB doesn't really mean anything. The offense will be worse, period. Brady was amazing in 2006... I never want the 2006 offense again... EVER.

Brady being a "better" QB doesn't really mean anything. The offense will be worse, period. Brady was amazing in 2006... I never want the 2006 offense again... EVER.

I know, damn that AFCC losing season...not to mention what came after it, that undefeated SB losing season... Honestly people, most of you have been lamenting this team isn't even a division winner with Moss this season...LOL

This offense is exponentially better than the 2006 offense today post trade. The defense is less experienced, but given our experience collapsed in the second half of that game absent Harrison who was out again due to injury, at least it has younger and faster going for it.

most important about 2006. We didnt have competition in the division. its different now.

I liked Moss, was very happy when they acquired him, thrilled with his performance in 2007, pleased with the way he played with Cassell in 2008, and reasonably satisfied last season. I was just "OK" with what I saw from him so far this season. Yes, I hate to see him gone and don't think they are a better team today than they were yesterday.

It did not take me very long, however, to understand why this makes a lot of sense for the Pats, even for this year.

For starters, one thing I definitely did not like about his performance, including in 2007, was how it always seemed to slow down later in the season and in the playoffs. Even in his prime this pattern played out with him every year. Frankly I expected this to be the case this year also, and keeping in mind that someone, or more likelhy a combination of someones, will take his spot, I think it is very questionable to believe that they will be losing significant production.

Second, looking at his overall production for the 4 games he played so far this year, I have to conclude that he is not nearly the player he was even 2 years ago, and that at 33 years of age it is very unrealistic to expect Moss to ever play like that again. He is a diminishing asset, probably diminishing at a faster rate than many of us suspect (since we are looking at his past and not what the coaches see on game tape and every day in camp and practice). Like it or not, all teams make moves like this, trying to maximize the return they get for their assets. It is rather obvious to me that he would be difficult to sign after this year, and thus I think the money is better spent elsewhere, so it is great that they got more value in return for him now than they would have gotten if they held onto him and he walked after the year.

Third, I think there is considerable reason to believe Bruschi and Brown, and others, about the rumors of Moss' discontent. We are all familiar with his history, it is a very long history of this type of thing, and his meltdown after Game 1 validates this rumor significantly in my opinion.

I know, damn that AFCC losing season...not to mention what came after it, that undefeated SB losing season... Honestly people, most of you have been lamenting this team isn't even a division winner with Moss this season...LOL

You quoted my post and your point was about what other people are lamenting? I have never once said this team is going to lose the division in 2010, they will STILL win it. What that has to do with my quote is beyond me though.

2007 Patriots > 2006 Patriots. That's a fact, by a huge margin. Are you honestly arguing that you like the 2006 offense better than the 2007 offense? I know you hate Moss, but you can't throw all logic out the window.

This offense is exponentially better than the 2006 offense today post trade. The defense is less experienced, but given our experience collapsed in the second half of that game absent Harrison who was out again due to injury, at least it has younger and faster going for it.

Yes it is better than 2006, I never said it wasn't. It's a fact that the 2010 offense with Moss > without Moss. The argument that Brady is "better" without a big name receiver is foolish, and that was the point of the '06 reference. The offense is worse after the trade, regardless of whether Brady plays "better" which is hugely subjective.

most important about 2006. We didnt have competition in the division. its different now.

Prior to the trade I thought the Jets would destroy the vikings. Now I think the Vikings might win next week. If the trade was a -must-, I like the timing. I'd still prefer Moss but nothing we can do about that now.

The Mel Gibson avatar takes a stupid post and makes it funny.

1. Mel Gibson is a very good actor
2. I don't care one iota about his personal life
3. His picture expresses my screen name very well.

Getting back to my point...it's fine & dandy for one say "he's a cancer to this team..."

That's one person's opinion. We have to hear more.

SMY siding with a player and refuting claims that said player was a problem in the locker room?!?! Woah, first time this has happened!! Stop the presses!!

Sarcasm aside, I always liked SMY and still do. But she clearly and rather plainly gets used by those players as their mouthpiece. I trust Bruschi over her.

SMY siding with a player and refuting claims that said player was a problem in the locker room?!?! Woah, first time this has happened!! Stop the presses!!

Sarcasm aside, I always liked SMY and still do. But she clearly and rather plainly gets used by those players as their mouthpiece. I trust Bruschi over her.

I trust Bruschi over any supposed media "expert".

Why do all of these player actions have to be argumentative and filled with good and evil characters?

Wasn't it Belichicks analysis that
a) The Team didn't have enough money for everybody,
b) Bill had to prioritize and Moss' expensive salary was judged a lower priority. Period.
c) Moss disagreed and wanted more money for longer than Bill would offer in his budget.
d) They agreed to disagree.
d) Bill found away to help the team long term, by trading Randy.

It isn't personal; its just business.

Last edited:
There is a good Moss and also a bad Moss.Let hope we can move on and give a a big FU to all the haters. In Bill we trust, I know it's sound shallow. Look we are load on draft picks and have alot of cap room. Bill is always ahead of everybody.

Scoring 4 TDs and beating the AOGs this Monday night would be a very good start. Go get 'em Randy!!!!!

I'm said this happened. I loved the amazing things Randy could do, and I loved the connection he had with Tom.

Even though there's a report on the Herald saying he was surprised by the trade, I wouldn't be surprised to find that he asked for it -- if not in so many words, he should have known it would happen given his conversation with Belichick.

I don't think there will be two people covering Brandon Tate when he flies down the field, which means that everyone else will be that much less open. In addition, there are a significant number of teams who can't cover Moss even with a corner and a safety. They'll do better now.

I think the Pats will survive. They may even do better than they would have done with a disgruntled Moss. But it's an open question, and there won't ever be a way to answer it.

As someone else said, every NFL coach other than Belichick is feeling better today.

Larry A

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand