PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just saw Tedy about the trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're standing up for a guy they have to play with. Not saying all of them weren't truthful, but tell me the last time a Patriots player came out and spoke against another player specifically. Even Thomas didn't do that, and I'm sure he had some problems with guys that were taking his snaps.

You just don't do that on the Patriots, it's part of the team culture.

What else would they say? The number one rule is don't cause a distraction or make one worse by opening your big mouth to the media. Do you honestly believe everything they say? Because Moss said he wanted to here, as well.

You know what you guys are right. I am letting my emotions get the best of me right now

Last edited:
Exactly what he just said on sportscenter. He also said that this would be a good thing for Brady and the offense because it will return the O to its championship style of multiple threats, Not just one focus. He said he's heard lots of stuff whispered about Moss coming out of the locker room.

I believe Tedy on this.

If Moss is creating waves, he could have been very dangerous for the young players. He is well liked and he could have made the wrong impression on guys like Tate, Price, Hernandez, and Gronk.

BTW, I just heard on the radio that Troy Brown said there was a lot of tension on the plane ride home with Moss.

Well then alot of the players are full of **** if that's true. All I read after the week 1 media blowup was how much they all loved Moss and wanted him there.

Public vs private

Publicly the Pats way is to always say positive things about a player. This culture even permeates the players who mostly just gush happy speak. But private opinions can be quite different. This modus operandi has always been the case.

Team oriented players do what they can to rally others and to support their comrades. It's in their very own self interest to try to keep a Randy Moss positive and productive. Think about this...Imagine BB's reaction if players PUBLICLY complained about Moss in the locker room.

Me too.

My question is if this was all avoidable.

Well, maybe by paying him a lot. Too much. But then it would be "not enough balls coming my way." This is Randy Moss. He has a rep for this. You know it is true. We gave up little for him, got a lot out of him, but the grace period is done. You know it's true. Not to sound like Darth Vader but "search your feelings";)

Well then alot of the players are full of **** if that's true. All I read after the week 1 media blowup was how much they all loved Moss and wanted him there.

I'm glad you believe everything you hear from the sports media.

The thing about Tedy is -- not only does he know winning football, but he also has not been a Pats apologist at ESPN. He's not shy about criticizing BB and the team. So when he says this, it's even more credible.

You know what you guys are right. I am letting my emotions get the best of me right now

No problem, I think we are all a little stunned and testy.

But I think this had to happen. You could just tell from game 1 on, Moss needed to be coddled. If the Jets game was a byproduct of that, then I think we can agree it's best he's gone. :(

I'm glad you believe everything you hear from the sports media.

Correction: I believe direct quotes that I see from players. That said, I already retracted my statement.

Said Moss had become a locker room issue and a distraction and it was time for him to go.

no. randy? i cant believe that:eek:really randy moss? good bye randy dont let the door hit you in the ass. im thrilled hes gone.:rocker:

It's clear that Moss has shot his way out of New England. He knows he will get a few extra million a year with a new, desperate team. He will be the focal point of the offense. And he will resurrect the Lord Favre farewell tour that has lost its luster with too many losses. Expect the networks to feature Viking games more so now.
In Summary: More money coming
More catches, yards, and TDs
Bigger stage (at least in his mind)
Win, Win , and WIN

No problem, I think we are all a little stunned and testy.

But I think this had to happen. You could just tell from game 1 on, Moss needed to be coddled. If the Jets game was a byproduct of that, then I think we can agree it's best he's gone. :(

I still gave him the benefit of the doubt right up until the trade. Even after the week 1 blowup, they played that locker room clip of him taking over Tedy's role in the 'Awwww Yeah' routine and it's really hard to see things unfold like this.

Like I said, we have to hear from more outlets, not just take a former player's word because he's treated like a God around here.

Besides, Tedy isn't the end all, be all of Pats inside info. If he was, why didn't he report on this trade before others like Adam Schefter and Jay Glazer get the scoop?

There is a good Moss and also a bad Moss.Let hope we can move on and give a a big FU to all the haters. In Bill we trust, I know it's sound shallow. Look we are load on draft picks and have alot of cap room. Bill is always ahead of everybody.

Troy just echoed Tedy's comments that he thinks the offense could be better without Moss and Brady looking for multiple receiving options rather than relying on Moss.

Well, maybe by paying him a lot. Too much. But then it would be "not enough balls coming my way." This is Randy Moss. He has a rep for this. You know it is true. We gave up little for him, got a lot out of him, but the grace period is done. You know it's true. Not to sound like Darth Vader but "search your feelings";)

I guess I do know it's true.

It also stinks right now. Interesting times...

Anyway, I still think that 2012 is our year.

I still gave him the benefit of the doubt right up until the trade. Even after the week 1 blowup, they played that locker room clip of him taking over Tedy's role in the 'Awwww Yeah' routine and it's really hard to see things unfold like this.

I completely hear you.

If Moss is creating waves, he could have been very dangerous for the young players. He is well liked and he could have made the wrong impression on guys like Tate, Price, Hernandez, and Gronk.

BTW, I just heard on the radio that Troy Brown said there was a lot of tension on the plane ride home with Moss.

If this was true, it is indeed sad because this is the second time that he expressed his displeasure openly and as a result drawing unncessary attention to himself during the time when the entire team should be celebrating for a solid win by all three units.

I was out of the country and couldn't watch the Monday game. Was Moss double-teamed much for him to be shut out?

Heard Holly say on WEEI that Randy had instructed his agent to ask the Patriots to trade him.

Reminds me of an old Eagles song "Already Gone".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes