PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just Imagine if Gronk... Grassy Knoll Super Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
No support from BB, coaches. BB is somewhat at fault as he noted (and glad he did admit this!).

Havent you heard? It is because of all the autism.

He is the team's leader and at no point is he out there disputing plays like he should be with the refs and supporting Gronk. Can't stand Ravens, but Coach Harbaugh really fights for his guys. Love that and his players love him for his emotion on the field ... they are supported by him.

Yeah, that might be the biggest pile of crap I have read about BB in a while. You think the players respect BB less because he is not one of those bozos like Harbaugh or Tomlin who jump around lines like clowns and show zero composure under pressure but instead rile their team up even further ?

BB should have seen his frustration late in the game and pulled him out of the game earlier when the game was won.

No. How about Gronk not letting emotions get the better of him and dive at players after the play was over ? He put himself over the team and I surely hope that BB ripped him a new one over the entire situation. If you listen to Lombardi this is the number one rule in NE. Dont put yourself over the needs of the team.

CTE? -- RG has seemed off this year if seen any of his media interviews. Just not as sharp and have to wonder what is going on. Watch him from 3-4 years ago to now.

Here I agree. But I would go back almost more than a decade because he has always seemed like someone with brain damage to me. But that free jet and health care for life should set him up nicely.. even in 3-4 years when he is not part of the league anymore..

We are talking about Roger Goodell, right ?

Bad influence of friend Mojo R. I think he copied his WWE buddy's moves from a few days earlier at a match.

Too easy.. pass.

And, hoping that the refs will change and adjust their calls towards him with this incident that they created by unfair calls or lack of.

You have it backwards. It is on Gronk to adjust to the refs and not the other way around.

There has been no obliteration here!...

Keep telling yourself that, Stuart.

stuart-smalley.jpg

Roethlisberger has spent much of his career being the 3rd best QB in the AFC, behind Brady and Manning, and ahead of Rivers. There's no shame in that. It's gotten him two Lombardis, and it will get him into the HOF.

You, on the other hand, are a really ****ty troll. And there is a great deal of shame in that.

7 SB appearances and 5 SB wins speaks for itself. But there is no denying that he has an annual ride to a division championships and top two seed that is less bumpy than most.
Huh? What the hell is that supposed to mean? All of those 12, 13, and 14 win regular season victory totals have been given to them because they beat their divisional rivals’ asses for 4 or 5 wins per year? That’s pure insanity, especially coming from a Steeler fan who watches cakewalks over the Browns and Bengals 3-4 times a year.

Man, all Pittsburgh fans do is whine about anything and everything. What once was a “tough” hard-nosed franchise and fan base has now become the league’s biggest group of ****ies. No other way to put it. It started in ‘01 and continues to this day.

This is getting to be ridiculous. I keep having to go back and rewatch the play because I feel as though I must be missing something.

I see Dorsett tapping White while he’s down and then I see Gronk coming in a second too late with his elbow extended and falling on the guy. Obviously, he was meaning to send a message and that was wrong of him, but I don’t think it was nearly as bad as some have made it out to be. I do believe the 1 game suspension was justified, although I wouldn’t have been shocked to have seen it reduced to a large fine, either. Those who were talking of 4-6 game suspensions and signs of CTE are overthinking this quite a bit, at least in my opinion.

No trolling! And 6 years later, Ben is still not that far behind Brady. He's close on yards and TD's. Still has a chance to challenge SB titles but Goodell is doing all he can to prevent that from happening.
Memo to self: send Ian an email to request the addition of a “delusional” rating icon.

I heard a rumor about 6 years ago that "what ifs is a slippery slope". Oh was that you? What a freaking ironic coincidence. You know the way you've IF'd your way through this thread and all.

So the reason the Pats have been 7 and won 5 SB's is because the AFC East is weak?? How about the 5 teams the Pats beat to win the SB? Were they all from weak divisions as well? How about the teams they beat in the AFCCG? All from weak divisions? Do you know what the Pats winning record is in and out of its division is?

You should worry less about the Pats "weak" division and more about getting past the juggernaut Browns. You barely squeaked by them in the first game. That power house Cinci sure made things tough. The Rodgerless Green Bay win was freaking impressive. Stampeding the Luckless Colts must have been a season thriller. What a season bro.

Here come the hapless Ravens. Oh wait... You're ****ting your pants about the Ravens aren't you. I smell an L headed your way.

Great googly moogly.

There's a misconception here that I'm a troll or Pats hater and that's not the case at all. I admire the accomplishments of the franchise and am never ashamed to say to fellow Steeler fans that I actually envy the killer instinct that Brady and Belichick both have. Pounce early, no mercy, show dominance, embarrass the opponent if need be. Get the early jump and keep the foot on their throats til the end. For whatever reason, the Steeler philosophy is to grind out "hard fought victories." Battle it out and then let Ben and company take care of business at the end. That's been the Tomlin mentality the whole time he's been here and I've never understood it. Never seen a team that literally plays up or down to the level of their competition game after game, year after year. Tomlin gets a lot of local criticism for this continual shortcoming.

But none of this will matter in 10 days. Sure, there's no excuse or explanation for eeking out wins over far inferior opponents, but that doesn't mean the Pats are gonna have a cakewalk on the 17th.

If he broke the guy's neck, some here would defend him. It would happen.
No need to think about or discuss “What if’s“

Who cares if it didn’t happen....and who cares how some here “might” react?

Some minds take things and run with it too often.

Last edited:
There's a misconception here that I'm a troll or Pats hater and that's not the case at all. I admire the accomplishments of the franchise and am never ashamed to say to fellow Steeler fans that I actually envy the killer instinct that Brady and Belichick both have. Pounce early, no mercy, show dominance, embarrass the opponent if need be. Get the early jump and keep the foot on their throats til the end. For whatever reason, the Steeler philosophy is to grind out "hard fought victories." Battle it out and then let Ben and company take care of business at the end. That's been the Tomlin mentality the whole time he's been here and I've never understood it. Never seen a team that literally plays up or down to the level of their competition game after game, year after year. Tomlin gets a lot of local criticism for this continual shortcoming.

But none of this will matter in 10 days. Sure, there's no excuse or explanation for eeking out wins over far inferior opponents, but that doesn't mean the Pats are gonna have a cakewalk on the 17th.
This is an accutate post. Anything can happen.

Let’s just hope both teams stay healthy for the stretch run

Huh? What the hell is that supposed to mean? All of those 12, 13, and 14 win regular season victory totals have been given to them because they beat their divisional rivals’ asses for 4 or 5 wins per year? That’s pure insanity, especially coming from a Steeler fan who watches cakewalks over the Browns and Bengals 3-4 times a year.

Man, all Pittsburgh fans do is whine about anything and everything. What once was a “tough” hard-nosed franchise and fan base has now become the league’s biggest group of ****ies. No other way to put it. It started in ‘01 and continues to this day.

Of course all Cleveland games are or should be cakewalks, but not so with Cincinnati. The Bengals generally provide healthy competition in regular season games. It's the playoffs where their ineptitude prevails. And not to mention they are a physical and downright dirty team. And there is no need to even expand upon how much of a toll two games against the Ravens takes every year.

But none of this is whining. It is not whining to point out the fact the AFC North is annually regarded as the most physical division in the league, and the East is a year-to-year red carpet to 6 wins for the Pats. All credit to them for taking care of business and into the postseason for yearly AFCG or SB appearances. You can only play who they put in front of you.

It's also important to say that Tomlin made a huge gaffe by going on national TV and saying he was already looking ahead to the Pats game, particularly with two divisional games sandwiched before the NE game. The stupidity of that was off the charts, and I think it finally gave an explanation for what Steeler fans have been baffled by all these years - struggling with bad teams. That's obviously been his mentality all along, and it's bound to rub off on players, especially younger ones.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to lose the upcoming Baltimore game now. But a win against the Pats the following week should bring things right back to where they are now in terms of seeding.

Let’s stop pretending Gronk punched a baby in the face

He jumped on a grown ass athlete in full pads and the most advanced helmet in sports history lol ************, dude.

It was a dirty play and regrettable for sure, but let’s calm down.

Imagine if Gronk was carrying an axe, though! What if that had happened? All you homers would still think a 1 game suspension was enough.

It's also important to say that Tomlin made a huge gaffe by going on national TV and saying he was already looking ahead to the Pats game, particularly with two divisional games sandwiched before the NE game. The stupidity of that was off the charts, and I think it finally gave an explanation for what Steeler fans have been baffled by all these years - struggling with bad teams.

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to lose the upcoming Baltimore game now. But a win against the Pats the following week should bring things right back to where they are now in terms of seeding.

Given that you're whining about Gronk only getting one game purely on the basis of the fact that he will be available for Pittsburgh tells me that you probably don't expect that to happen.

Given that you're whining about Gronk only getting one game purely on the basis of the fact that he will be available for Pittsburgh tells me that you probably don't expect that to happen.

Again, no whining involved. It's a purely analytical commentary based on a philosophy that I have developed regarding the bizarre relationship between Goodell and the Patriots. For the last decade, he's been on a back and forth pendulum trying to balance out his dealings with them.

Going back to Spygate, there was a lot of backlash that he didn't punish them enough. So when Deflategate came around, he had to do a "makeup call" and go overboard with Brady's punishment for something that even I think was overblown and ridiculous. But because he went too far that way, he now feels that he "owes 'em one," and took a lenient approach to Gronk's thuggery.

Do I think he deserved more than one game from the mere standpoint of an objective analyzer? Yes. Do I also wish he would have gotten more than one game so Pit wouldn't have to try to find a way to contain him? Yep!

Again, no whining involved. It's a purely analytical commentary based on a philosophy that I have developed regarding the bizarre relationship between Goodell and the Patriots. For the last decade, he's been on a back and forth pendulum trying to balance out his dealings with them.

Going back to Spygate, there was a lot of backlash that he didn't punish them enough. So when Deflategate came around, he had to do a "makeup call" and go overboard with Brady's punishment for something that even I think was overblown and ridiculous. But because he went too far that way, he now feels that he "owes 'em one," and took a lenient approach to Gronk's thuggery.

Do I think he deserved more than one game from the mere standpoint of an objective analyzer? Yes. Do I also wish he would have gotten more than one game so Pit wouldn't have to try to find a way to contain him? Yep!

You're right. Goodell is on our side. The ridiculous penalties for the Ideal Gas Law were only doled out because he loves us.

I didn't get past that first paragraph of your post because if you're starting out on that ridiculously wrong of a premise, the rest of your post clearly isn't worth reading.

Someone is trying to extend their 15 minutes of fame into overtime.
Correct. This went the way it was supposed to 10 years ago when he came here guns a blazing, his team got smoked, and then he slithered away. This is the same thing, instead the game has not been played yet AND he is realizing that he can get attention by continuing to regurgitate the same nonsense over and over.

Most of the blame falls on myself and some others who continue to respond to him. If a fan of another team is putting in this much energy on another team's fan forum (on top of being a massive homer) they probably arent worth putting any effort into/responding to.

Huge fan of the Pats and of course Gronk. As everyone has already stated, his action on Sunday was 100% wrong. Saddened and shocked that he went postal on Bills player TW when the game was already won and almost over.

After listening to his explanation of frustration overall, all the media bashing of him, Brady's take, BB, coaches and on and on, some possible thoughts on what lead to his action:

1. No support from BB, coaches. BB is somewhat at fault as he noted (and glad he did admit this!). He is the team's leader and at no point is he out there disputing plays like he should be with the refs and supporting Gronk. Can't stand Ravens, but Coach Harbaugh really fights for his guys. Love that and his players love him for his emotion on the field ... they are supported by him.
RG has been on his own for the entire season. No support from BB. How would any player react with guys jumping all over all game and it's viewed as Ok by the refs, and your coach not helping your cause?
Again, it was not right but I could understand why he just went crazy by the end of the game. Gronk is human and had a human (over) reaction.

2. BB should have seen his frustration late in the game and pulled him out of the game earlier when the game was won.

3. CTE? -- RG has seemed off this year if seen any of his media interviews. Just not as sharp and have to wonder what is going on. Watch him from 3-4 years ago to now.

4. Bad influence of friend Mojo R. I think he copied his WWE buddy's moves from a few days earlier at a match.

Gronk is great on the field and has done so much positive for many.
Let's hope with his week off he'll reflect on his action and learn something from it. He has been judged by the nfl and now penalized for his unfortunate action.

And, hoping that the refs will change and adjust their calls towards him with this incident that they created by unfair calls or lack of.

Finally, that BB will be more supportive of his players and calls.

You're right, it's clear that both Belichick and Gronkowski appear to have had their athletic processing slowed in that game. Perhaps it's because they're on the autism spectrum?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back