PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just Imagine if Gronk... Grassy Knoll Super Merge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just sitting here reading all the moronic posts about Gronk losing his temper and jumping on someone and all the posts about how amazingly well Jimmy G is doing in San Fran and how much we miss him and hope he does well. I then started thinking, what would have happened if Gronk had jumped on Jimmy instead.

Now I sit here and listen to people tell me this is the worst thing that has ever happened in an NFL game, and Gronk should be kicked out of the league forever and can only wonder...................

Of course all Cleveland games are or should be cakewalks, but not so with Cincinnati. The Bengals generally provide healthy competition in regular season games. It's the playoffs where their ineptitude prevails. And not to mention they are a physical and downright dirty team. And there is no need to even expand upon how much of a toll two games against the Ravens takes every year.

"You are your record." You may want to flip back through the past 4 years and assess that for every team in the division. The Ravens have 1 winning season since 2013. They are not the Ray Lewis Ravens anymore. The Bengals actually do make the playoffs. The Browns are historic/epic failures. Other than the fact the Bengals games are dirtier than most, what exactly is this "most physical division" title other than some excuse for poor performance? And a news flash - divisional games are always tough, and the Pats win theirs because they beat the opponents in tough games.

And in the event you truly believe your opening post and further believe the Steelers are all about fair play and avoiding physical injury to opposing players, I give you your boy Mike Tomlin 'accidentally' stepping in front of Jacoby Jones on a break away kick return and the Carson Palmer rule, credited to Kimo von Oelhoffen of the Steelers after he took out Palmer's knee on a 66-yard pass completion. I am surprised a fan so principled as to stop by here to profess moral outrage in Gronk's conduct could stomach a team that would be associated with those despicable deeds on the field. You probably also believe Big Ben didn't grope the hotel lady or break the law in Georgia. All of those events must be accidents and misunderstandings to you as you wave your yellow towel until you get light-headed. They didn't mean to do it.

I am just sitting here reading all the moronic posts about Gronk losing his temper and jumping on someone and all the posts about how amazingly well Jimmy G is doing in San Fran and how much we miss him and hope he does well. I then started thinking, what would have happened if Gronk had jumped on Jimmy instead.

Now I sit here and listen to people tell me this is the worst thing that has ever happened in an NFL game, and Gronk should be kicked out of the league forever and can only wonder...................
You have too much time on your hands.

Someone is trying to extend their 15 minutes of fame into overtime.

That's not the case at all. I would think less than 100 posts in 10 years demonstrates no desire for attention. Just good football talk in anticipation of one of the most epic late-season clashes the NFL has seen in decades! Perhaps ever.

Damn time to move on people, chill with all these useless Gronk threads.

We have baseball players who throw balls at 95mph at hitters who run too slowly. We have hockey players that get in fist fights on a regular basis, and hit other players in their nuts with their sticks, and we are completely disgusted when an NFL player jumps on another player seconds after the whistle.

Is there such a thing as too much booze in the cabinet?
Everything in moderation. Now moderation can vary depending on the number of people who might partake in the near term or not too distant future.

Probably should have said something along the lines that people are suffering from Gronk Derangement Syndrome or been spending too much time listening to mediots/sports talk radio people ranting.

No long term damage, easily cured with a few peaceful days away from news media :)

and the biggest point, they both play offense and won't be on the field at the same time :)

That's not the case at all. I would think less than 100 posts in 10 years demonstrates no desire for attention. Just good football talk in anticipation of one of the most epic late-season clashes the NFL has seen in decades! Perhaps ever.
When are you going to start with the good football talk?

In this case, the implication seems to be the booze found its way out of the cabinet and into your blood stream. :)
Yup still not seeing a real issue with that, but noted!

"You are your record." You may want to flip back through the past 4 years and assess that for every team in the division. The Ravens have 1 winning season since 2013. They are not the Ray Lewis Ravens anymore. The Bengals actually do make the playoffs. The Browns are historic/epic failures. Other than the fact the Bengals games are dirtier than most, what exactly is this "most physical division" title other than some excuse for poor performance? And a news flash - divisional games are always tough, and the Pats win theirs because they beat the opponents in tough games.

And in the event you truly believe your opening post and further believe the Steelers are all about fair play and avoiding physical injury to opposing players, I give you your boy Mike Tomlin 'accidentally' stepping in front of Jacoby Jones on a break away kick return and the Carson Palmer rule, credited to Kimo von Oelhoffen of the Steelers after he took out Palmer's knee on a 66-yard pass completion. I am surprised a fan so principled as to stop by here to profess moral outrage in Gronk's conduct could stomach a team that would be associated with those despicable deeds on the field. You probably also believe Big Ben didn't grope the hotel lady or break the law in Georgia. All of those events must be accidents and misunderstandings to you as you wave your yellow towel until you get light-headed. They didn't mean to do it.

I would be curious what the combined record of the Bills/Dolphins/Jets is since Brady came into the league, and what his record is against those three.

As for your other points, Tomlin does a lot of things that I think are foolish. I think he's a good coach, but they tend to underachieve under him as well. Kimo's hit was unintentional and a bad break. And as for Ben, without giving any type of personal commentary on the accusers themselves, in neither case was there found any shred of evidence to even file one charge. Goodell's suspension at the beginning of the 2010 season was a grievous misappropriation of justice.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

And as for Ben, without giving any type of personal commentary on the accusers themselves, in neither case was there found any shred of evidence to even file one charge. Goodell's suspension at the beginning of the 2010 season was a grievous misappropriation of justice.
It helps when the local police allow the security tapes to be erased before being entered into evidence, doesn't it?

And as for Ben, without giving any type of personal commentary on the accusers themselves, in neither case was there found any shred of evidence to even file one charge. Goodell's suspension at the beginning of the 2010 season was a grievous misappropriation of justice.

Yeah, it's only a coincidence that the star QB who had off-duty police as his security just happened to have the security tapes wiped and the bathroom scrubbed down completely with bleach before any evidence could be collected. The poor guy! :rolleyes:

You saying you're "not giving personal commentary" is actually giving personal commentary, and it's pretty gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News