PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Just For Fun--Your Guess

Brewskies

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Before the training season starts, just for fun, based on what you know about the Pats to date 6/17/23, what do you think the season-end win-loss record will be and why. The pre season Bruins and Celtics are boring. The Red Sox are tied for last in the East. Nothing to get excited about with the Patriots other than the new OC and OL coach.

My thought: 8-9. Tough schedule, too tough for our defense to turn into a winning season. Our offense is a plus between the 20s. Our offense is field goals. Mac Jones has an improved season, with short passes between the 20s, over last season. Like his first year, but this season's schedule is more difficult.

Reactions: Ian
Before the training season starts, just for fun, based on what you know about the Pats to date 6/17/23, what do you think the season-end win-loss record will be and why. The pre season Bruins and Celtics are boring. The Red Sox are tied for last in the East. Nothing to get excited about with the Patriots other than the new OC and OL coach.

My thought: 8-9. Tough schedule, too tough for our defense to turn into a winning season. Our offense is a plus between the 20s. Our offense is field goals. Mac Jones has an improved season, with short passes between the 20s, over last season. Like his first year, but this season's schedule is more difficult.
As they are today, I like this team but man their schedule is tough.

9-8, maybe 10-7

As they are today, I like this team but man their schedule is tough.

9-8, maybe 10-7
I agree. That was my first thought. But my optimism about the offense improving under BOB is arguing 10-7, maybe 9-8 if they get bad breaks. Just don’t see 11-6 even if everything breaks their way. So I’ll say 10-7 as things stand.

I think the new OC and OL coach is a difference as huge as Patricia's cafeteria tab.

11-6, some noise in the playoffs, and some clarity in how to fine-tune the team to contend in '24.

Basically I see them doing in '23 what I thought would happen in '22 if they didn't throw away the season with the whole Patricia thing.

I say 8-9 without a D-Hop type player as good as our Defense could be they have to prove they can stop Good Teams with real QB's. there will be plenty of of opportunities and hopefully not long afternoons or evenings.

About 8 wins at best.

OL is a major concern. I don't trust Trent Brown will be reliable and he was awful last season. They've had a hard time within the division the last few years. WR's will have issues getting open against good teams. Mac is not given enough to succeed. Schedule looks tough and Bill is facing former players and coaches who somehow beat him.

10-7, offense will be much improved and we just need the defense to do what it did last year, hopefully they improve too. Special teams should improve, they can't get much worse than last year.

9-8. very tough schedule and the OLine has me worried. The D is good and that should keep us in games.

9-8 and if the 9 wins are against the right teams we'll get the #7 seed. Seems weird that the Patriots might have the best football team they've had post Brady and they're more likely to finish 4th than at any other time.

5 and 12
I hate to say it defense keeps us in games lack of firepower on offense has us lose a bunch of close ones.

We are the best looking 5 and 12 team in recent memory.

I'll say 11-6. I said 12 wins a couple of months ago based on a few things going their way, but regardless, they've got to get off to a better start. If they don't go 3-1 to open the season, it's a rough road because starting Week 6, it's a trip to Las Vegas, home against the Bills, and a trip to Miami. How that run goes could put them in a tough hole if they're already below .500 at that point. But unlike last year, I feel like they're going to be more competitive week in and week out. I think they'll surprise some people.

Last edited:

Here's what I'll say. In 2021 under Josh offensively we were top 10. Top 5 in the red zone.. with alglhor and jannu smith on this roster.

This team can achieve success offensively.. I know the schedule is tough.. But I believe this team is being judged off last season..

It's not about anyone other than the patriots if they play aggressively, and sound they will be in good positions to hang with teams this season.

Maybe my hope and desire for them to win has me blinded.. but I feel like we get 11-12 wins this season.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back