PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Uche = Beast

He's definitely looking like one now. Seems to be the only guy showing up on defense the last few weeks. If only Barmore hadn't been out the last 2 months.
He made some plays but against a guy on one leg. He has improved setting the edge. Let's see if he can do that against other competition.

The ghost rush he pulled, that ended up with the Allen sack and fumble was absolutely filthy. First, the ghost rush is very difficult to pull off (only a select few, very athletic players, such as Von Miller, who invented the move, can pull it off) but to pull it off against a premiere lineman like Quessenberry is something else.

He made some plays but against a guy on one leg.
So what about his 5 games before this ?

He's got 24 pressures & 14 hurries in his last 6 games. He's only got 5 less hurries on the season than Judon who has had about 150 more pass rush snaps than him.

People acting like I bumped this thread because of 1 game.

He's already got 7.
The stats I was looking at was whack on NFL.com and ESPN. During the game it said he had 4 on the season. Now it was 5 add then add the 2 sacks makes it's 7.

He's had a nice year this far. Good for him. No longer in the "bust" catagory

The ghost rush he pulled, that ended up with the Allen sack and fumble was absolutely filthy. First, the ghost rush is very difficult to pull off (only a select few, very athletic players, such as Von Miller, who invented the move, can pull it off) but to pull it off against a premiere lineman like Quessenberry is something else.
Popularized and polished it but certainly didn't invent it no matter what the internet says lol. Can't believe everything you see on twitter. Learn how to football bro, it didn't start 10 years ago!

Orgins go back 30-35 years off the speed/dip. Even before this dude was doing it.

@captain stone I see you are confused.. more info here:

"When the timing is perfect, and [the tackle] shoots his hand, and you dip right underneath it, you're clean," Miller said. "And the hardest part really is just staying up. Because you got to imagine I'm running full speed. And I just dip, and I don't have anything to lean against. The hardest part of that move is really just standing up and keeping your balance all the way to the quarterback."

It's a move that will hurt the pride of an offensive lineman.

"If you do it right, I think you can really make the offensive tackle look silly, because if you do it right, do it effectively, he gets his hands on nothing," said NFL sacks leader Alex Highsmith. The Steelers' defensive end learned the ghost move from watching Miller.

But the degree of difficulty makes the move extremely risky. You see it time and time again with even the best pass-rushers in the NFL: They simply fall over when they try to pull off the ghost move. They flop to the ground at the feet of the tackle or, worse, get tossed into the turf to eat a mouthful of rubber pellets. The edge rusher also sometimes collapses before he can make it to the quarterback.

So what about his 5 games before this ?

He's got 24 pressures & 14 hurries in his last 6 games. He's only got 5 less hurries on the season than Judon who has had about 150 more pass rush snaps than him.

People acting like I bumped this thread because of 1 game.
He's been better, yes. Hoping for more. Calling him a beast was over the top.

Beast??!! How ‘bout “the mouse that roared” for 6 games in 3 years. I hope he turns into a beast but haven’t seen a “beast” play yet from the inactive list which is where he’s spent a good deal of his career…..

didn't this queesenberry fella have a serious leg injury? kinda like playing on one leg? this is akin to getting pumped and jacked when the Boogeyman held Mass Maritime to 3 points...I'd pump the brakes on the bust for Uche

Quessenberry is Not a premiere lineman, even when healthy - which he wasn't close to being Thursday night anyway.
The only thing premier about Quessenberry is his name. And his heart. The man’s a fighter, having defeated cancer. He missed parts of two seasons fighting non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

This was a great signing by the Bills. Bringing in a veteran offensive lineman for backup just before the draft.

BB used to be proactive like this.

The only thing premier about Quessenberry is his name. And his heart. The man’s a fighter, having defeated cancer. He missed parts of two seasons fighting non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

This was a great signing by the Bills. Bringing in a veteran offensive lineman for backup just before the draft.

BB used to be proactive like this.
Silly

Quessenberry is Not a premiere lineman, even when healthy - which he wasn't close to being Thursday night anyway.
Poor guy is 0/2 in one post. Miller perfected and polished the speed/dip. Essentially adding a feint before reducing his surface. There's an old saying "tackles don't like playing below their bellys" and that feint makes it harder but you'll even see guys use head fakes to get the tackle as tall as possible before reducing the surface. Which is the main component. Again nice variation on the speed/dip or duck under. Miller polished what guys like Thomas, Mathis and Haley were doing.

"The ghost rush he pulled, that ended up with the Allen sack and fumble was absolutely filthy. First, the ghost rush is very difficult to pull off (only a select few, very athletic players, such as Von Miller, who invented the move, can pull it off) but to pull it off against a premiere lineman like Quessenberry is something else."

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back