PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH IS STAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Busch light were an NFL player it would be that guy that gives you a solid days work (does his job) at a discounted price.

It's the Rob Ninkovich of beers.

Oh Colts(and league) you want to play by the letter of the law(deflatgate)? Well you can’t hire assistants until their season is over.

Josh is due a period of time after season is over to contemplate about his future. He was worried about the SB not the Colts. Too bad Colts got wrapped up in media speculation. They took a gamble and got burned.

I love this move and feel a lot better about the organization going forward. I say we stay in house, bump up Flores. He can help relate to defense and heal some wounds, also may help with getting free agent defenders.

I believe BB blows free agency and draft out of the water and exits the league a living legend right next to Brady.

Who thought we'd be smiling so soon after the Superbowl.

Agree that sticking it to the colts will damage Joshs chances at a HC gig in the NFL.
Irsay has probably gone on the mother of all benders.

He’s not going to get another head coaching shot anytime soon.

Which works well in the sense that you know he is here for Brady's whole endgame and most probably beyond. Yes being a HC is the final step most people want to achieve but if the money is somewhat equal, his family is settled here, he gets to nerd out gameplanning with the best coach and QB of all time and he has success I doubt that he is missing out that much.

Our coaching staff might actually IMPROVE over the off-season.
Amen and hallelujah to that. Get this team a competent defense and we're right back to the Super Bowl.

Which works well in the sense that you know he is here for Brady's whole endgame and most probably beyond. Yes being a HC is the final step most people want to achieve but if the money is somewhat equal, his family is settled here, he gets to nerd out gameplanning with the best coach and QB of all time and he has success I doubt that he is missing out that much.

Not to mention the rumors that are coming out that Luck may need another surgery.

Good move for the Pats to be able to retain him, not sure how it will work out for Josh in the long run.. but from my reading is he and his family like the area, and he does not want to uproot them to work for a drug addict..

In many ways whatever happens in NE, may be his last stop in the NFL.. unless he becomes a perennial position coach or coordinator. Suspect he got a bump in salary..

Never understood why men in particular, will sacrifice their family and family contentment to move on to something that spells "slippery slope" all over it for the sake of money or "power", particularly as he is paid well right now.

Not sure if he is heir apparent to BB, but being here provides stability for him and his family, something that he seems to value...

I cannot imagine bringing my family up in such a backward facing state. Friggin religious nuts everywhere and crazy folks who are 50 years behind the times, and gun laws that will get your children killed. No thank you!

There are advantages to living in a state that provides some of the greatest education in the country, has progressive laws, and has thoughtful people who call it home.

Suck for Luck set that team back at least 5 years.

I cannot imagine bringing my family up in such a backward facing state. Friggin religious nuts everywhere and crazy folks who are 50 years behind the times, and gun laws that will get your children killed. No thank you!

There are advantages to living in a state that provides some of the greatest education in the country, has progressive laws, and has thoughtful people who call it home.

You're aware this is a football forum, correct? I know you're hurting for political discussion since the PoFo got flushed, but let's try to keep it out of here. Someone will read this, get triggered, and the thread will go to Hell.

If Busch light were an NFL player it would be that guy that gives you a solid days work (does his job) at a discounted price.

Nah, Busch Light would be the guy that pretended to be working all day, but really just playing candy crush on his phone.

Suck for Luck set that team back at least 5 years.

Reminds me of the whole Jimmy hysteria. Just because a potential successor looks decent, you don't jettison the Hall of Fame quarterback you already have.

Reminds me of the whole Jimmy hysteria. Just because a potential successor looks decent, you don't jettison the Hall of Fame quarterback you already have.
Eh, you can argue Luck worked out better for them from 2013-2015. Only reason ForeHGHead won a Super Bowl is because of the Broncos defense in 2015.

I'm not disagreeing I'm actually just asking. I don't understand how a team could be responsible for decisions made by its coaches like this, but maybe there's a rule?

Goodall has already proven that there Ned only be one rule. Article 11. I know this doesn’t involve players, but Article 11. Because. Omissionser.

Not to mention the rumors that are coming out that Luck may need another surgery.
I'm convinced that had to factor into Josh's decision. All this love for the Patriots, family stability I think are factors but to take over at HC with a highly questionable QB situation is a big red flag.

If he had lets say a certain QB in SF there I wonder if he would have stuck with the Colts.

What I also don't follow is what does it mean when Reiss says.....

Belichick is locked in for 2018. The bigger factor to McDaniels was that the Patriots, who hadn't addressed his future until the past week or so, made an ultra-aggressive late push to try to entice him to stay. Had that happened a month or so ago, McDaniels might not have pursued other head-coaching jobs as aggressively.

What future was there to address? If BB leaves.....?

Goodall has already proven that there Ned only be one rule. Article 11. I know this doesn’t involve players, but Article 11. Because. Omissionser.

If you're going to bash Goodell and claim abuse of a rule it helps to have the guy's name right and the correct rule. It's Article 46.

Article 11 of the CBA were the transition rules used for 2011.

I mentioned sometime last week that I hoped that Josh would stiff the Colts.. I'm glad that he did..

PFT explains it well... it's the Colts that tried to pull a **** move.

Colts should have learned from the Bears’ mess with Dave McGinnis

"On Tuesday the Colts announced that Josh McDaniels would be their next head coach, but by Tuesday night McDaniels had informed them he wasn’t taking the job.

McDaniels never signed a contract with the Colts, never put out a public statement saying he would be the next Colts head coach, and repeatedly refused to answer reporters when they asked him if he’d coach the Colts. So why did the Colts put out the announcement?

Maybe the Colts thought a verbal agreement was good enough. Or maybe the Colts knew that (as PFT reported on Sunday) McDaniels was wavering, and they thought putting out a public announcement would make him feel like he had no choice but to follow through."

-------
as to the assistant coaches, maybe McDaniels discussed with the Colts who it was he’d like to hire, once (and if) he accepted, and the Colts went and hired them as part of their effort to make him feel like he had no choice but to go there. They were trying to shame him into accepting the job.

It’s not hard to believe that the Colts can be both that incompetent and that sleazy. Look at their drug-addled lying weasel of an owner.

I won't link the garbage, but that moron Gregg Doyel in Indy wrote what you would expect Gregg Doyel to write.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back