PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JOSH IS STAYING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the line that says "after agreeing to contract terms"? Could suggest something. At least, thats what Indi colts forum thinks.

The contract would be between Josh and the Colts, not Josh's present/previous employer and the Colts. Also agreeing to terms isn't the same thing as signing the contract.

I dunno, unless there's NFL rules about it I have no idea why this could ever result in a penalty against the Patriots. Like, how would it even be feasible that every time a coach hammers out contract terms with another team their previous team is now on the hook to basically ensure their soon-to-be former employee follows through?

Pros
- like McDaniels as oc
- f*** the colts

Cons
- really don't like McDaniels as hc

Our syphilitic owner and our clown offensive coordinator deserve each other. He cares about his family, but what about the families of the three hires who were already working. One B.B. and T.B leave he’ll need a ticket to get into another stadium.
Or, worst case scenario he’ll have a 3 year stint here as HC at ~$5m per and never have to work again if he didn’t want to.

Bottom line, it seems the employment situation in NE may have changed and it’s hard to begrudge him his decision if he bet on himself to be successful as the heir to HC in NE rather than going to IND.

If he promised people jobs as assistants then that’s ****ty for them, but since no playoff coach could be definitively hired then it’s all up in the air. And frankly the more appalling thing is that the NFL system allows this to happen than that one guy seems to have backed out of a job. NONE of the interviewing/hiring of coaches should be allowed until the day after the Super Bowl (or some date selected thereafter) just like with players. If that’s “unfair” to non playoff teams looking to reload their coaching ranks, then tough ****, be better so you don’t need to.

You thought he would retire ? Because where else would he be if not here on yet another one year contract ?

Following josh to Indianapolis

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports there are still doctors who have concerns about Andrew Luck's shoulder and whether he may require additional surgery.

Piggybacking, there’s reports 11 of the 12 doctors do in fact have concerns over his shoulder with a real possibility of additional surgery.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Wait until Colts fans find out that Josh MacDaniels doesn’t have any draft picks to give them

I'm sure this was asked already, but I'm lazy. Do you think Josh would've went onto Indy if our Pats won? Obviously Kraft made an offer that Josh cannot refuse and I'm okay with that. I hope he's the HC after Bill leaves.

The rumors that he might stay started to circulate shortly before the SB kicked off via PFT. I doubt that those rumors floating around and then his sudden change of mind at the last second was a conincidence.

Following josh to Indianapolis

Unless BB and Caserio would essentially move on without offering him another contract I dont think there is any other place that Dola would end up.

He has the ideal role here as more of a WR4 who is used specifically to his strength on a snap count as his body cant handle more regular duty. That does not scream 3-4m contract (essentially twice the money he is making here) to me which might be what is necessary to make him choose money over a place he feels at home and is close with a lot of guys at this point in his career. I mean him and Jules are visiting Brady in Montana during the offseason to work on routes and technique.. stuff like that means something..

Either way with Josh staying now there really should be no serious competitor out there.. hope we get him back on a 1.5-2m contract again.

Unless BB and Caserio would essentially move on without offering him another contract I dont think there is any other place that Dola would end up.

He has the ideal role here as more of a WR4 who is used specifically to his strength on a snap count as his body cant handle more regular duty. That does not scream 3-4m contract (essentially twice the money he is making here) to me which might be what is necessary to make him choose money over a place he feels at home and is close with a lot of guys at this point in his career. I mean him and Jules are visiting Brady in Montana during the offseason to work on routes and technique.. stuff like that means something..

Either way with Josh staying now there really should be no serious competitor out there.. hope we get him back on a 1.5-2m contract again.
For me, signing DA to another one year deal is a no brainer. Hell, I’d even slightly sweeten the deal a la Ninkovich style if I had to. He’s earned it by playing well and coming up huge in the postseason. I’m not talking huge amounts of money, but I’d increase it 500k or something in a sign of good faith.

There’s no WR4-5 who I’d really want more, and he can offer a full time role if one of Edelman or even Hogan (lesser level with a change of roles) get hurt. As we know, both are coming off of injuries. Actually, I’ll be disappointed—check that, pissed off, if he doesn’t return.

Haha love this, baited the dolts with Briskett, to think we are playing nice. Then pull the rug now, setting them back a good 2 months of offseason work and now no HC.

Hahaha

For me, signing DA to another one year deal is a no brainer. Hell, I’d even slightly sweeten the deal a la Ninkovich style if I had to. He’s earned it by playing well and coming up huge in the postseason. I’m not talking huge amounts of money, but I’d increase it 500k or something in a sign of good faith.

There’s no WR4-5 who I’d really want more, and he can offer a full time role if one of Edelman or even Hogan (lesser level with a change of roles) get hurt. As we know, both are coming off of injuries. Actually, I’ll be disappointed—check that, pissed off, if he doesn’t return.

Resigning Danny should be the only WR move we make in FA. Maybe add a braxton berrios late in the draft to groom behind Jules and Danny for the future, although i worry he impresses in camp and we either have to keep him on the roster or risk losing ala Austin carr. I don’t expect Britt to make the roster, were pretty stacked here in 18.

Resigning Danny should be the only WR move we make in FA. Maybe add a braxton berrios late in the draft to groom behind Jules and Danny for the future, although i worry he impresses in camp and we either have to keep him on the roster or risk losing ala Austin carr. I don’t expect Britt to make the roster, were pretty stacked here in 18.

I agree. Britt is MM insurance. If Mitchell is fine then Britt is gone.

I see Britt as nothing more than the 2017 version of Michael Floyd. He served his purpose as an emergency backup well enough, with very little production or even being active most of the time. I don’t expect him back unless Belichick wants to keep him through TC.

Hahahah good. **** those fat peckerheads and their pill-popping owner. Who does Indy get on the phone now? Frank Reich?

Hahahah good. **** those fat peckerheads and their pill-popping owner. Who does Indy get on the phone now? Frank Reich?

That wouldn’t be a bad hire.

1) McDaniels wants to be a HC in the pretty near term. Why else did he go interviewing and then go further and (initially) accept the IND offer?
2) McDaniels has to know that leaving IND at the altar like that is going to make him radioactive. No one is going to want to touch him for years. So that means any HC ambitions he has are dead, dead, dead anywhere other than NE.
3) McDaniels had a guaranteed HC job. So it is very reasonable to expect he's been given assurances about becoming the next HC of the NEP. Would be strange to give up a guaranteed HC job now for a future maybe HC job.

Putting all that together, unless McDaniels has had a massive change in his ambitions, he is expecting to be the head coach here pretty soon, which in turn means that Belichick would be leaving pretty soon.

So the first argument for this point of view is to try to negate its opposite (the idea that Josh doesn't want to be a HC soon.) Then after telling me your opinion of somebody else's interior state, you posit a world of 30 other NFL owners, who immediately come to the same ironclad conclusion (Josh is now radioactive.) None of them is aware that Irsay might be problematic to work with.

I mean, sure, if Josh is an interchangeable part, like a burger flipper. If they're even thinking about what he brings, he's not. They're in the position of hiring from among a handful of people who show the requisite promise. This isn't replaceable workerbees, it's elite recruiting.

I can make up characterizations too.

This could be as simple as "do you really want to stop working with TFB on a loss year to go work for an old psycho drunk?"

Despite what we say on here, BB gives you a chance to win every year (even if OMFG he benched M.B.!!!!) Luck might not be all that well. Colts ownership might not be what he wants to surround himself with.

And, it's a descent into the mortal world from the Olympian heights of New England. You remember before 2001, how you didn't have any idea whether and when we'd ever be relevant again? Going to the Colts now is walking out of a NE machine that works, to basically risk being the next post-patriots disappointment (and walking into the disarray of Irsayland in the process.)

Maybe this reeks of deja vu after leaving after a SB loss last time (a year removed, if I remember correctly.)

And so on, and so on, and so on.

All I asked is whether there's evidence of any of some heir-apparent status. By setting up the cascading if-thens above, you told me there isn't. No knock on you, if we could only talk about things we know to be the case, it would kill the board.

I just don't know how anybody can be so sure of this world... there seem to be so many ways it could be off. We're starting with others' internal states, which is tough enough in the normal world where people can lie. In the NFL world every statement is made with knowledge that fans and media must be managed.

Just like the endless benching argument, we just don't have reliable intel.

Our syphilitic owner and our clown offensive coordinator deserve each other. He cares about his family, but what about the families of the three hires who were already working. One B.B. and T.B leave he’ll need a ticket to get into another stadium.

Hmmm. Is this the actual Rick Sanford? He used to be on the radio in my native SC and was a pretty big douche...

aahZ8ju.jpg
Genius!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick