PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh is not walking thru that door.

The Patriots are losing because of turnovers. Just imagine how good this defense could be if they were not constantly back out on the field because of QB mistakes?

Its totally ridiculous to blame anyone but the player committing the turnover. That applies to every offensive skill position and especially QBs. Nobody calling plays is deliberately placing the QB in a position to throw INTs and fumble. The other defense is.

Remember those reports from perry, Curran, wiess, all saying Kendrick Bourne, other unamed offensive players were all having trouble understanding what exactly they were asked to do on offense, as Bourne ran the same offensive scheme in SF. So if that's the case imagine what a smart, cerebral, accurate, QB is dealing with. It's so easy to dump Mac rather than go to the source of the problem. If the offense continues to look like this we won't have to worry about play off seeding.. it's just another waste of season where no progression has been made, due to COACHING decisions on BB part.

It can't all be coaching. Zappe was hitting the easy throws and Mac is not. Mac had a weak finish to 2021 and little to no improvement now. Look at our last game against the Colts in this clip. Look at these failed third down conversions at the 3:00 and 6:54. Both plays show Bourne is wide open and Mac doesn't even look his direction. I keep seeing this and it is bad. Cam might have threw the ball into the dirt but at least it was in the right direction most of the time.

He lost the Super Bowl!!! LOL.

I remember back in 98 a game where Bledsoe had the offense rolling with a huge comeback. The opposing defense was spent, and we were going in for the kill. Petey Carroll is screaming timeout, timeout, timeout, and the players are ignoring him, Terry Glenn was standing right by him, shaking his head. Pete call the timeout and kills all momentum. Patriots lose. Sometimes all it takes it the coach having a brainfart. Pete went on to become a bigtime coach at USC and he won a SB at Seattle, but I'm sure the '98 Patriots weren't surprised at all by the debacle at the end of the '14 Super Bowl.
That was the MNF game against Miami game where they won. They ignored the TO Carroll was asking for and ran a 4th down play they converted on the game winning drive.

Last edited:
It can't all be coaching. Zappe was hitting the easy throws and Mac is not. Mac had a weak finish to 2021 and little to no improvement now. Look at our last game against the Colts in this clip. Look at these failed third down conversions at the 3:00 and 6:54. Both plays show Bourne is wide open and Mac doesn't even look his direction. I keep seeing this and it is bad. Cam might have threw the ball into the dirt but at least it was in the right direction most of the time.

Ok, but zappe is a rookie, 3rd string really was supposed to be on the practice squad, however got elevated. The plays were dumbed down significantly for him.. Mac showed under the real patriots offense what he can do! I just don't feel like he should be the scape goat, of course there's some throws he'd like to have back any qb would. But I still feel under a real offense with real scheme and real ingenuity he'd thrive, not gonna sit here an continue to bash Patricia because he is what he is.. I just feel like Mac hasn't been helped in the best way this season to allow him ascension.

The Patriots are losing because of turnovers. Just imagine how good this defense could be if they were not constantly back out on the field because of QB mistakes?

Its totally ridiculous to blame anyone but the player committing the turnover. That applies to every offensive skill position and especially QBs. Nobody calling plays is deliberately placing the QB in a position to throw INTs and fumble. The other defense is.

Ya, turnovers are huge. And they do tell alot about a team positively and negatively. I'm not going to pretend I'm a statistics analyst, but I like to use the eye test when I watch the nfl, things move fast but that to me is the best way I can see for myself. I honestly feel Mac can be righted, if I'm taking a class I like to be able to understand, and take in what my instructor is saying to me. Listen to judge and Patricia speak.. that's the issue right there ! Players said the same thing in Detroit and New York!

That was the MNF game against Miami game where they won. They ignored the TO Carroll was asking for and ran a 4th down play they converted on the game winning drive.

Ah Thank you, I could've sworn they lost. Can't believe that even happened

"Didn't even see him"

Uh, no they saw him. For sure. Terry Glenn was looking right at him and shaking his head. They showed the interaction on replay

Ah Thank you, I could've sworn they lost. Can't believe that even happened

"Didn't even see him"

Uh, no they saw him. For sure. Terry Glenn was looking right at him and shaking his head. They showed the interaction on replay
That was a great game. Nobody expected Miami to sling it around as much as they did. Bledsoe had some amazing last minute comebacks. The Buffalo game a week later was an amazing moment as well. It's too bad injuries took over that year.

That was a great game. Nobody expected Miami to sling it around as much as they did. Bledsoe had some amazing last minute comebacks. The Buffalo game a week later was an amazing moment as well. It's too bad injuries took over that year.

Didn't Bledsoe play the following week's game vs Barfalo with a pin in his finger?

I honestly don't think that point is lost on anyone. Everyone understands better prospects were available.

Not speaking for @upstater1 but i believe he was pointing out that not only did our scouts or Bill like Harry but so did everyone else. 49ers are on record basically saying it was him or Deebo with that pick.

Sucks we took the L but it happens.
Harry didn't come out of nowhere though. Production right on par with AJ Brown. Good combine with plenty of size. Big miss but Harry had a vg resume.

The pain is still real tho :(

Remember those reports from perry, Curran, wiess, all saying Kendrick Bourne, other unamed offensive players were all having trouble understanding what exactly they were asked to do on offense, as Bourne ran the same offensive scheme in SF. So if that's the case imagine what a smart, cerebral, accurate, QB is dealing with. It's so easy to dump Mac rather than go to the source of the problem. If the offense continues to look like this we won't have to worry about play off seeding.. it's just another waste of season where no progression has been made, due to COACHING decisions on BB part.
Zappe didn't have trouble understanding what to do.

A litany of lame excuses from all you Cam Jones apologist.

Ya, turnovers are huge. And they do tell alot about a team positively and negatively. I'm not going to pretend I'm a statistics analyst, but I like to use the eye test when I watch the nfl, things move fast but that to me is the best way I can see for myself. I honestly feel Mac can be righted, if I'm taking a class I like to be able to understand, and take in what my instructor is saying to me. Listen to judge and Patricia speak.. that's the issue right there ! Players said the same thing in Detroit and New York!
Good luck fixing a QB who could only throw 3 passes in the wind at Buffalo.

Tom House failed.

Mac sez I'm gonna Triumph over the Jete, just you watch!

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back