PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh Gordon

He absolutely should have. His talent is undeniable.

Hell he's been on the couch for 2 years and in 1.75 games already has more catches, yards and TDs than Dorsett all year.

Hell he's been on the couch for 2 years and in 1.75 games already has more catches, yards and TDs than Dorsett all year.
Not really a fair comparison since Dorsett is as useless as tits on a bull.

You can't blame Dorsett, Brady does not throw to him. As far as I have seen, he catches consistently, has been open at times that he could have walked into the endzone without running. Don't throw any shades at Dorsett.

Well I guess we should have traded for Gordon one of those times.

Of course they should have, assuming he was available at a reasonable cost.

I like how people assume that Browns were open to trading him
This forum has a total Josh Gordon fetish based on nothing. When he plays, he is a fantastic receiver but there is (A) no evidence the Patriots ever wanted him and (B) no evidence the Browns ever wanted to trade him.

Too late now

You can't blame Dorsett, Brady does not throw to him. As far as I have seen, he catches consistently, has been open at times that he could have walked into the endzone without running. Don't throw any shades at Dorsett.
I will if it means he is replaced by Gordon

I'm guessing any team could've gotten his rights for fairly cheap.

He's an amazing talent and workout machine.
If he had a good QB, the last two games would've been monster games out of him.

Based on what he was saying when he had just gotten out of rehab, it does look like he has changed / reformed. Time will tell if he can stay clean/sober, but he's definitely giving it a real effort.

Even after seeing him these past two weeks you can't blame any team for not taking a risk on him. After all, it's been years since he last played in the NFL, and he's a guy who is consistently in trouble for off the field stuff.

But yes, I'll admit I'm surprised at how productive he has been in two games. There doesn't seem to be much if any rust, and we all know the quality of players he has around him.

Gordon (6031/225):
7 catches on 17 tgts (41%) ... 154 yds (22 ypc) ... 1 TD ... long receptions of 38 yds & 39 yds

Dorsett (5096/185):
7 catches on 11 tgts (64%) ... 140 yds (20 ypc) ... 0 TD ... long receptions of 38 yds & 39 yds

Imagine if Gronk had traded for him.
Yup. Gronk could've negotiated his contract and been his personal position coach as well.

Gordon (6031/225):
7 catches on 17 tgts (41%) ... 154 yds (22 ypc) ... 1 TD ... long receptions of 38 yds & 39 yds

Dorsett (5096/185):
7 catches on 11 tgts (64%) ... 140 yds (20 ypc) ... 0 TD ... long receptions of 38 yds & 39 yds

Who had the more accurate quarterback & how many games did each player play?

Gordon is an idiot, but he has Randy Moss type of talent. He has never played with a good QB & he still put up 1,646 yards and averaged 18.9 ypc.

If we could ever add him to our team, I would do cartwheels going down route1.

Gordon is a very special physical talent but I wouldn’t trust his off-field stuff on this team. Dorsett is an enigma because during my re-watches there have been a surprising number of times where he is wide open yet Brady ignores it. Trust issue maybe.

Gordon is a very special physical talent but I wouldn’t trust his off-field stuff on this team. Dorsett is an enigma because during my re-watches there have been a surprising number of times where he is wide open yet Brady ignores it. Trust issue maybe.

People said the same think about Corey Dillon and Randy Moss.

As far as I know Gordon is his own worst enemy but I don’t remember any stories of him being negative as a teammate & when he is on the field he seems to give 100%.

His career won't go anywhere in that dumpster of a franchise. He's a RFA coming up soon i believe. I wonder if he would take all the money to stay in a dumpster like that. Browns might overpay to keep him.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back