PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jordy Nelson is free....

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I just want us to land the good receiver we are actually interested in.
Top players going to Ohio,Tennessee,Buffalo?
What is going on?
CTE is still a big issue for the NFL.

It's nice to know that we are interested in Nelson, just wish there weren't 4 other teams that were also interested. We're not getting into a bidding war for anyone and I have a feeling that one of the other teams will throw crazy money at him.

I'd say it has to do with Isabella's speed. He ran a 4.31 40 at the combine. In high school, he won the Ohio state 100 meter dash and ran the fastest 60 meter dash in the nation that year. I haven't seen him play, but that speed is exciting.
40? Hmph. What’s the kids 3 cone? It was 6.95. That put him in 6th place at the combine. Not good enough! I’m just kidding. He looks like a keeper.

It's nice to know that we are interested in Nelson, just wish there weren't 4 other teams that were also interested. We're not getting into a bidding war for anyone and I have a feeling that one of the other teams will throw crazy money at him.
I'm afraid the only thing the Patriots can offer Nelson is an IOU.

Someone else will offer more money, but I do think there's a path to the Pats getting him. It would require that, after spending almost all of his career with Rodgers, one year with Carr made him conclude that he really wants to play with a real quarterback again and he's willing to leave some money on the table to do it.

I don't think we can reliably assume that's where his head's at, and over the years I've concluded that it's best to assume guys don't think this wya until they prove they do, so I don't expect him to end up here. But we'll see, it's in play at least.

Got a feeling we aren't the Rams favorite people right now but I could be wrong.

More of a fan sentiment I would think. Sean Mcvay say BB texted him after every game last season.

Wouldn’t be opposed. He had 750 yards last year with Carr throwing to him...

I was about to post something similar. He isn't a solution by himself but he can be more helpful than the other guys we've signed. It is worth noting he ended the year strong in the last 6 games with the Raiders. He doesn't play any STs but I think they need to accept that.

He would add height to what is right now a smaller WR core. Honestly they really need Gordon to come back and play all year though. I don't think they have the offensive fire power needed without him. Particularly if Gronk walks.

While Gronk isn't what he use to be in those big games he can still make a few big players if you use him right.

I'd love Jordy Nelson, but not at the contract someone will offer.

Wouldn't hurt to have a solid veteran with a bit of that David Givens body type

Definitely has lost some of his speed tho, at 1:40ish he's caught from behind by a linebacker (#55)

736 yards on 63 targets is washed up?
Need more than one. Take Nelson in a minute. Better than Hogan and close in age.

RFA Rishard Higgins both received the original round tender (5th) , which in both cases constitutes of a one-year, $2.095 million contract and the right of first refusal without any compensation attach.
With Odell and Landry, we have a shot to get him from Browns.
DW Toys

I wonder if this poor guy has any idea that he's the subject of a long running gag at reddit and now on this forum.
I for one would love to know the backstory. I have seen the photo in several threads where he's referred to as various known athletes, but haven't heard the original schtick.

I for one would love to know the backstory. I have seen the photo in several threads where he's referred to as various known athletes, but haven't heard the original schtick.
I believe that it’s just a meme that is often shared on reddit that likely started several years ago—regarding someone claiming that they had spotted Larry Fitzgerald (IIRC) at Logan airport. It may have even been that guy that Erica Leigh said was definitely signing here. The defensive player. Can’t think of his name.

At any rate, somewhere right around that time period people began sharing that same meme of the guy at the kiosk every time the team is suspected to be interested in a player. Obviously, the gag is that the player rarely looks like the guy that they’re claiming, and sometimes he’s even white.

I believe that it’s just a meme that is often shared on reddit that likely started several years ago—regarding someone claiming that they had spotted Larry Fitzgerald (IIRC) at Logan airport. It may have even been that guy that Erica Leigh said was definitely signing here. The defensive player. Can’t think of his name.

At any rate, somewhere right around that time period people began sharing that same meme of the guy at the kiosk every time the team is suspected to be interested in a player. Obviously, the gag is that the player rarely looks like the guy that they’re claiming, and sometimes he’s even white.
G

John Abraham right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing