PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Jonnu traded to ATL

True, but you'd be surprised who you can land in the 6th 7th:

2022 Isaiah Pacheco, nifty pass catcher out of the backfield
2021 Shi Smith- Carolina, Ben Skowrenek-LA Rams
2020 Quez Watkins, Donovan Peoples-Jones
2019 Scotty Miller Tampa
2018 Russell Gage Atlanta, EQ St Brown Packers
Great find!! Good post.. I didn't realize thet.. Pacheco is really good.. and he's going to get even better in that KC offense..

Good deal for us as Jonnu clearly wasn’t a fit.

Good deal for Jonnu as he reunites with Arthur Smith.

Adelis Thomas? Ochocinco?

Thomas gets a bad rep around here because of how things ended, but he was pretty good in 07 and was REALLY good in 08 before getting hurt. Then the 09 season happened (which had a lot of turmoil behind the scenes I think, of which Thomas was a part). But for the first year and half (would have been 2 if not for injury) he was well worth his contract.

True, but you'd be surprised who you can land in the 6th 7th:

2022 Isaiah Pacheco, nifty pass catcher out of the backfield
2021 Shi Smith- Carolina, Ben Skowrenek-LA Rams
2020 Quez Watkins, Donovan Peoples-Jones
2019 Scotty Miller Tampa
2018 Russell Gage Atlanta, EQ St Brown Packers
Just think about all the fulltime starters the Pats have RECENTLY gotten over the years from UDFA's. Just off the top of my head, MButler, JCJackson, JJones, and DAndrews and there might be more.

that 7th round pick means you have your choice of you priority FA list. You don't have to HOPE he'll sign with you because you can pick him with that 11th pick

Darnell Washington would be the #1 TE on this Team in no time he won't last until #46 though. That said it's still a good class with others.
Doesn't Washington have injury history?

Thomas gets a bad rep around here because of how things ended, but he was pretty good in 07 and was REALLY good in 08 before getting hurt. Then the 09 season happened (which had a lot of turmoil behind the scenes I think, of which Thomas was a part). But for the first year and half (would have been 2 if not for injury) he was well worth his contract.
Yes I remember... I'm not the Jetsons comment lol.. yeah sean springs, Derek burgess those guys were reportedly back then causing issues in the locker room.
Coincidentally same year Bru retired.. he'd have nipped that in the bud..

But yes Adelis was great that '07 season.. he was a force in Baltimore

Clapping Applause GIF

BB/GM of the century.
He was the one that signed Jonnu to that massive contract to begin with.

So no, not GM of the century, but he is the HC of the century

Just think about all the fulltime starters the Pats have RECENTLY gotten over the years from UDFA's. Just off the top of my head, MButler, JCJackson, JJones, and DAndrews and there might be more.

that 7th round pick means you have your choice of you priority FA list. You don't have to HOPE he'll sign with you because you can pick him with that 11th pick
I'm some cases BB probably did better when he actually didn't draft guys lol... he does not get enough credit for giving UDFA opportunities.. I don't think any other team in the NFL right now has had more success from thier UDFAs then we have had.. maybe.. I could be wrong?

Yes add Myers to that bunch also..

I'm glad Jonnu is gone but he leaves behind a $12.8 mil dead cap hit. Just a completely awful signing.

Now filling that TE1b spot is going to be very important. Dalton Schultz is probably a pipe dream but Henry and Schultz would be a TE duo worth talking about.

Some ammo for the h8rs:

I think that list is right. I’d put Smith over Fenene when looking at percentage of the cap.

It is what it is. Glad the team was smart enough to recognize he wasn’t going to be fixed here, and were able to salvage this the best way possible such that the Patriots weren’t saddled with his $6.25m 2023 guaranteed salary in addition to the other $13m in dead cap money.

Where is Zeke Mowatt these days?? Then all they have to do is find Lisa Olsen for a real diversion.
Oh man...talk about dark times.

Last I read she was a reporter in Australia.

It was him, Shawn Springs and one other guy that were locker room lawyers. I don't remember the 3rd guy.

You think BB the coach has arguments with BB the GM? I wonder if he switches chairs each time to simulate a real conversation.

Bill the GM: Bill how do we get creative with who foots the bill for Jonnu's contract?

Bill the HC: Well Bill, it could've been a bill we didn't get billed for in the first place if we didn't offer so much.

Bill the GM: Don't bill me with that ********, Bill, now how do we unload this bill?

HC: ....unload this Bill? what the hell are we talking about? Are you firing me?

GM: No, and plus, I'm Bill. I'm talking about THE bill.

HC: ....I am THE Bill?

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back