PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure Jonnu traded to ATL

Is $13M dead cap hit for real??
What a disaster. The only way to replace that spot is draft. Can't afford a decent FA now. We have Sokol as low-end competition, and Scotty Washington showed up in one game. But I'd like to see us either trade down and get Mayer in later 1st round, or Kraft in 3rd round.

Oh man...talk about dark times.

Last I read she was a reporter in Australia.
Zeke Mowat with 1 arm in a fecking cast was better than these clowns the team is rolling out at TE these days.

Didn't Moss get sent home for being late in a snowstorm?
Sorry yea thats what I was referring to. The 4 guys I mentioned were all sent home for arriving late to meetings due to the storm.

Thomas would have made it on time if he had been riding with George Jetson.

What a disaster. The only way to replace that spot is draft. Can't afford a decent FA now. We have Sokol as low-end competition, and Scotty Washington showed up in one game. But I'd like to see us either trade down and get Mayer in later 1st round, or Kraft in 3rd round.
His cap was 17.2 million and now 13.560 (12.8 dead cap plus his replacement on the 51). Savings on cap 2024 is 18.4 million. So this has positive effect on signing a free agent. You can pack money into 2024 in addition to the cap space they have for 2023.

Oh man...talk about dark times.

Last I read she was a reporter in Australia.
When I think about this and contrast it to the discontent of today, can only imagine the uproar that would occur... they would have tarred and feathered every one from Mr. Kraft on down. They were the very dark times, used to go to work on Sunday and the Jets, Giants and all the other fans would have on their teams "puff coats".. thank goodness there weren't any Pats coats available. Used to listen to the Pats games on my walk man, they thought I was a degenerate gambler.. when questioned replied, "just a fan"... most fans of today do not realize how bad things were then.

We gained $4m in cap space. And we clear a huge cap hit from next year, which means we can push any new signings INTO next year.

When I think about this and contrast it to the discontent of today, can only imagine the uproar that would occur... they would have tarred and feathered every one from Mr. Kraft on down. They were the very dark times, used to go to work on Sunday and the Jets, Giants and all the other fans would have on their teams "puff coats".. thank goodness there weren't any Pats coats available. Used to listen to the Pats games on my walk man, they thought I was a degenerate gambler.. when questioned replied, "just a fan"... most fans of today do not realize how bad things were then.
If it happened today, I can't even imagine how devastating to the franchise the Lisa Olsen situation would be.

I mean, Mowatt, Michael Timpson and Bob Perryman (RIP) if today- would have been released and their careers over.

Pat Sullivan said all Olsen did was walk around the locker room implying she was there to hang out with the players.

If BB did that he's be pressured to resign.

If Kraft called her, "A classic b***tch", - especially after Orchids of Asia, he'd be pressured to sell the team.

The fallout would be Chernobyl-esqe. 100x worse than Spygate or Deflategate.

Last edited:
When I read a lot of new fans stuff, I think to myself these guys have absolutely no idea of how bad those times were, as a fan I was subjected to mucho ridicule and never could come back with much.

And the Falcons keep on giving to us.
They gave us a ring and we gave them the second rounder for Sanu and this freebie in form of Jonnu who could in all probabilities produce this year.

All 7th round picks are late.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back