PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Buck & Troy Aikman

Looooooserrrrr.

I just love when he telegraph a play and goes ewwwwwww or ahhhhhhhhhh.
200% agree
Romo is a fraud.
He attends team practices during the week....and then during the game broadcast he recognizes a formation from practice and blurts out the play pre-snap.
What a freaking genius.
News flash Tony ....every color guy could play the spoiler but they don't because Aikman, Collins, etc aren't insecure former NFL hacks trying to show America how smart they think they are.
Do fans really want to know the plays before they are run?
I don't
Romo was the flavor of the month.
And another thing :) Romo's Corona commercial has to be the most boring/lame commercial running these days.
Hey Tony....

Last edited:
200% agree
Romo is a fraud.
He attends team practices during the week....and then during the game broadcast he recognizes a formation from practice and blurts out the play pre-snap.
What a freaking genius.
News flash Tony ....every color guy could play the spoiler but they don't because Aikman, Collins, etc aren't insecure former NFL hacks trying to show America how smart they think they are.
Do fans really want to know the plays before they are run?
I don't
Romo was the flavor of the month.
And another thing :) Romo's Corona commercial has to be the most boring/lame commercial running these days.
Hey Tony....

Isn't the fact that he is going to practice to gather info on the team he is about to broadcast a clear sign of him doing a "good job"?

Also, it shows that he is willing to, you know, work, before going live

This is a weird reason to hate the guy... He is doing the job too well

Aikmans commentary got NOTHING on this guy
reece.jpg

Romo is better, but there is much worse. Being #2 or #3 is not a bad thing.

Seems like most people love Romo as a commentator. I liked him the first couple times I heard him but I can’t stand him now. He never shuts up, tries to predict the play too often among other annoyances I have with him.

This thread encapsulates it perfectly. People seem to either love or hate Buck and Aikman.
People seem to either love or hate [insert name of any play-by-play announcer] and [insert name of any color commentator].

I love Romo. So insightful, makes it interesting and learn more at the same time

Not a particular fan of them but they were broadcasting our incredible W against ATL @ Super Bowl and so i am generous due to those memories...;)

I'm on the other side of the coin. I find Buck & Aikman horrific. Can't stand Buck's voice or indescribable tone and his nonsensical ad libs. As for Aikman, when he can get a word in, he's dull and boring and his football observations are not that insightful. And both are incessantly repetitive in their observations, particularly when they are trying to bolster a particular team or player in a positive fashion when those of us watching can clearly see that to be foolishness.
Can you please change to black font.

Aikman and Buck are perfectly fine but I prefer Romo and Nantz. You could pair Romo with any play-by-play guy and they'd be my top choice.

I gave Buck and Aikman a chance but IMHO they bombed. Next time I have to hear them I'll turn the volume down to 5, which allows me to hear everything but the announcers.

Jim Nantz was the original Tuckhead in 2001 and started the bs that the Raiders got robbed. He coined the phrase "The Tuck Rule"

Romo's okay but needs a little more experience to smooth out the edges.

People seem to either love or hate [insert name of any play-by-play announcer] and [insert name of any color commentator].

This is not true for Phil Simms. I doubt you can find one person on this board who likes him as a commentator.

Not a particular fan of them, but they were broadcasting our incredible W against ATL @ Super Bowl and so i am generous due to those memories...;)
Their call during the Edelman catch/replay was particularly memorable. On the other hand, they also broadcast SB42 vs the Vagiants, and it sounded to me as if they were really, Really pulling for the NFC team there.

Last edited:
Buck got a lot better, but their issue still is you have two monotone guys that aren't super exciting. Collinsworth are the easiest voices if they aren't editorializing.

we as pat fans need to deal with him the next 20 years.

You don't think there will be a "new" flavor of the month broadcaster sooner than that? I do. There's no weirder mix of both "good old boy" and "what have you done for me lately" mashup of talent management than professional sports commentating. It's both bizarre and fascinating all at the same time.

I hate 'em all. If I'm wrong about a particular whomever, I'll apologize. Sorry.

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back