PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Buck & Troy Aikman

Kinda off topic but not.... in all seriousness I believe AR is one of the most overrated NFL players of all time!

I find most of the announcers/color person a lot boring... Romo tries to be too "football smart", Buck relies on his "pipes" too much, Aikman is just ok, Nantz is soothing can nod off when he is talking..

Last Thursday nite had heard if you have Alexa 98.5 do the play by play you can mute the TV announcers, it did not work... never understood why as fans we cannot listen to Socci and Zolak instead of the folks they want us to listen to..

Last Thursday nite had heard if you have Alexa 98.5 do the play by play you can mute the TV announcers, it did not work... never understood why as fans we cannot listen to Socci and Zolak instead of the folks they want us to listen to..
Socci and Zolak. Bleah. Mr. Boring and Mr. Ridiculous.

Socci and Zolak. Bleah. Mr. Boring and Mr. Ridiculous.

More boring than Joe Buck and Aikman??? I grew with announcing "homerism" starting with Curt Gowdy, no need to change it now..

After once again listening to the cheerleaders on MNF last night I have decided that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are ok. I will take them any day over those clowns.

After once again listening to the cheerleaders on MNF last night I have decided that Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are ok. I will take them any day over those clowns.
That's the dictionary definition of "damning with faint praise."

That's the dictionary definition of "damning with faint praise."
I want to give this a red X, but I can't! The truth is I can't stand the announcers for any game where they don't say nice things about the Pats. Of course, if the Pats are winning I can tolerate the sound. If they are losing, it just adds to my upset/anxiety, so I have to turn them down. As much as Scott Zolak is a complete homer, he always says the right things! :)

The new guys on MNF are completely unlisten-able. They are yahoos who take the story of the day and TALK IT UP!!!! ad nauseum. Give me boring and boring any day...

"Toss to White. Heeeeeeee's IN! Patriots win the Super Bowl! Brady has his fifth! What a comeback."

I like Joe Buck.

Regards,
Chris

I'm with Chris. I always hated listening to Buck, but the end of SB51 made me re-think my opinion. He could have gone on and on and on about the comeback, but he just kept his mouth shut and let the moment play out for all of us to see. He just let the te viewers soak in what they had just witnesses, it didn't need any superlatives because those would never accurately describe it.

MNF, on the other hand... Man what a swing and a miss Witten is. And Booger on his swinging camera man booth thing makes it all worse.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back