PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy Garoppolo traded to SF for 2018 2nd round draft pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone pick up Kellen Moore? Not much out there in terms of backups.

This isn’t surprising value. The 49ers aren’t getting Garoppolo in time to fix their 2017 season, so it’s basically a second round pick for a half-season tryout and exclusive negotiating rights.

I’m more interested in the thought process behind being willing to trade him away now. Will be interesting to see who they bring in as the backup.

You don't send away top 2nd rounder for tryout. They wanted him as their franchise QB before draft and since they didn't draft QB probably believed they can get him.

Do we even have a back up?? This is getting crazy. BB is really spreading it thin lately. I trust him, but damn!!!! This might be the strangest thing I've witnessed from the Mad Scientist.
For the moment, no. I'm betting Garrett Grayson is signed shortly. He was here for a workout a week or two ago, and since it's the bye we'll have 2 weeks to get him prepared for emergency spot duty.

Welp, I trust bill to make some more noise until the deadline and upgrade this team.

That thought ran through my head. Maybe they need a high draft pick for an upcoming splash and they had already decided Brady isn't going anywhere.

The pick could end up being pretty damn good, on the borderline of being a late first.
Just seems odd we have a 40 year old QB and traded a future starter when he was considered the successor. Only logical thing I can think of is them loading up for something big

BACKUP OPTIONS
1) Hoyer
2) Kaepernick
3) trade a lower pick for someone else.
=====
BTW, we can now start guessing about tomorrow's trade.

I absolutely hate this move. Not because I thought Jimmy would be the heir, but because we have no backup in the middle of the season, which is the worst time to acquire a new quarterback and make him ready for game action. This is horrible for depth, which BB usually cares about.

Maybe BB didn't like Jimmy's preseason so much?

Would have also liked a player to be named.. now

!!!!

I called this! Makes way too much sense not to happen. We need a backup QB.

Anxiously awaiting the next move.

Bills got to have something up his sleeve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST