PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G throws first TD pass as a Niner

JAG is gonna be a gamer for sure. It was tough to let him walk. He is going to be a top 10 QB in this league for a long time I think.

JAG is gonna be a gamer for sure. It was tough to let him walk. He is going to be a top 10 QB in this league for a long time I think.

Our next QB will be better I bet

I like the kid, wish he would have stayed but its business and he had the opportunity to start somewhere else this season and definitely next season.

The Pats drafted him with the expectation that he would fill the QB2 spot, and potentially be the QB1 of the future. Unfortunately for him, he accidentally rejuvenated the QB1 of the present. :eek:

It will always be mixed feelings about Garropolo. I'm definitely in the camp of trade Jimmy. You can't part with the GOAT who is still playing his best football.

I want Jimmy to have a good career but it might sting if we are watching him potentially lead a contender if the Patriots can't find a QB of the future when Brady retires.

Good for him today. The only reason not to start Jimmy is if they are in tank mode because he could win them a few games.

Once Jimmy is proficient in that offense, look out. I know it was garbage time, but he looked good. I always said I think he can be a top 10 QB in this league. I think SF will turn it around (next year) with JG at the helm.

I'm still sick over that trade. Jimmy's going to be good.

I wish Jimmy well and hope he has a long NFL career. Whomever the Pats draft to be Brady's replacement will have very big shoes to fill and I will feel sorry for that kid.

He is gonna look good next season, the Shanny school of coaching does wonders for padding the stats of the QBs, look at Ryan last season, Goff this season, image Jimmy next season with Kyle Shanny as his HQ.

Used every inch of his 5'7" frame on that one.

And it was fun watching Jimmy in his first action. I don't care if it does drop our pick a spot or two I want Jimmy to win some games.

I suggest you get back on your medication...

Jimmy should still be a Patriot and should have been penciled in as the starter in 2018. Belichick refused to make the hard unpopular decision that needed to be made. Jimmy will be a star for the next 10 years and Belichick will regret giving him away for peanuts.

Feel free to quote me this time next year.

Jimmy should still be a Patriot and should have been penciled in as the starter in 2018. Belichick refused to make the hard unpopular decision that needed to be made. Jimmy will be a star for the next 10 years and Belichick will regret giving him away for peanuts.

I’ve struggled with this for a year now. BB had to make a clear decision and did. I’ve thought since the AZ game JG is a special talent, maybe even MVP-level. I am disappointed we didn’t get more for him as well. Oh well, will just enjoy the GOAT and not look back.

How on earth could Cleveland not give a better offer for a QB they supposedly love?

I feel a little bad for JG. Just like the game commentary on this touchdown. Everything he does is going to be compared to Brady. Those are some shoes that no one is going to be filling anytime soon.

On another forum I saw a Niners fan comparing his footwork to Joe Montana's. Their expectations are through the roof for him. I sort of get it. They haven't had much to cheer about in the last few years.

JETS FAN!

Yeah, plan to bench/cut/trade the 2017 MVP

5 more years of brady from 41-46 > than any 10 years of another especially unproven QB, I also think Jimmy is going to be a star, but Brady is the GOAT, and still playing like it too

you don't move on from the GOAT, the conversation doesn't even start until his play noticeably and consistently declines, it hasnt

It was a garbage time TD but it was a good one nonetheless. His release is pretty fast.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back