PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G throws first TD pass as a Niner

I like Jimmy, and wish him good luck, but he plays for another team now, so I don't really care. He helped us win two games, which is nice, but don't really get the love expressed for him on this forum. He may be great, he may suck, and he may be mediocre, but that is San Fran's issue now, not ours. I find it kind of strange that some of the posters here rip players currently on the team, while sending love notes to Jimmy G, and hoping he wins lots of games.

• Agree
Reactions: TBR
I like Jimmy, and wish him good luck, but he plays for another team now, so I don't really care. He helped us win two games, which is nice, but don't really get the love expressed for him on this forum. He may be great, he may suck, and he may be mediocre, but that is San Fran's issue now, not ours. I find it kind of strange that some of the posters here rip players currently on the team, while sending love notes to Jimmy G, and hoping he wins lots of games.

100% yes........I was a big JAG proponent...however, as the great BB once said:"I can't worry about who's not here"

5 more years of brady from 41-46 > than any 10 years of another especially unproven QB, I also think Jimmy is going to be a star, but Brady is the GOAT, and still playing like it too

you don't move on from the GOAT, the conversation doesn't even start until his play noticeably and consistently declines, it hasnt

************. He is NOT going to be playing when he's 46, but if he is, it will be a very sad sight to witness.

I feel a little bad for JG. Just like the game commentary on this touchdown. Everything he does is going to be compared to Brady. Those are some shoes that no one is going to be filling anytime soon.

That's probably another reason why it was better for him to have a career outside of New England.

Hope JAG stays healthy and racks up needed valuable game experience. He's got good QB coaching.
Just don't win any games this year is all I ask.

************. He is NOT going to be playing when he's 46, but if he is, it will be a very sad sight to witness.
bookmark this post.
1. He says that he is going to play that long.
2. He currently is the BEST QB in the league and he gets better every year.
3. The TEAM moved on from JAG and chose to stay with Brady for future.
4. The teams competes for the Super Bowl every year.

If Brady wants to play until 46, only an injury will stop him.

That's probably another reason why it was better for him to have a career outside of New England.

Imagine if Brady wins, say, two more SBs before retiring. . . .

Fourth Quarter with like 20 seconds left?? Mop up Jimmy??:confused::D

I’ve struggled with this for a year now. BB had to make a clear decision and did. I’ve thought since the AZ game JG is a special talent, maybe even MVP-level. I am disappointed we didn’t get more for him as well. Oh well, will just enjoy the GOAT and not look back.

How on earth could Cleveland not give a better offer for a QB they supposedly love?
I think it was one of those situations where the contestant has already revealed the best available prize, but they want to look behind "door #2". Basically, Cleveland seems to want to use their high first round draft picks for a chance at a home run. It's too bad for them they likely had the best use of those picks right in front of them, and they never connect on their picks anyway.

Hope JAG stays healthy and racks up needed valuable game experience. He's got good QB coaching.
Just don't win any games this year is all I ask.
It seems like not winning any games this year is the 49ers' plan. They've already lost the season, so why play Jimmy and mess up great picks? I would love it if Jimmy left for that reason though.

bookmark this post.
1. He says that he is going to play that long.
2. He currently is the BEST QB in the league and he gets better every year.
3. The TEAM moved on from JAG and chose to stay with Brady for future.
4. The teams competes for the Super Bowl every year.

If Brady wants to play until 46, only an injury will stop him.
Yeah yeah. I'm sure he'll walk on water when he gets around to it.

Imagine if Brady wins, say, two more SBs before retiring. . . .

With or without two more Super Bowls the next QB will be taking over for the greatest player in the history of the NFL. I can't imagine anyone could succeed with Brady as a constant comparison.

I suppose Aaron Rodgers and Steve Young succeeded under intense scrutiny.

I think it was one of those situations where the contestant has already revealed the best available prize, but they want to look behind "door #2". Basically, Cleveland seems to want to use their high first round draft picks for a chance at a home run. It's too bad for them they likely had the best use of those picks right in front of them, and they never connect on their picks anyway.

Definitely, but part of me thinks it's NOT the picks that are the problem, but instead the environment ruins the picks. I suppose a constant chicken or the egg debate. Either way, in a league of parity the Browns and Patriots are the lone constants. The Pats constantly good, the Browns constantly bad.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back