PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G reportedly gets his deal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently one thing Jimmie didn't learn from Brady: If you want to win long term, you've got to leave enough money on the table to build the rest of the team.

I am not saying the guys not serviceable but you don't pay a serviceable QB the moon. All I'm saying is Cousins not worth what he's gonna fetch on the open market.
So I got you to back pedal from “sucks, had a decent offense around him, chokes in every big game” to “serviceable”.

Apparently one thing Jimmie didn't learn from Brady: If you want to win long term, you've got to leave enough money on the table to build the rest of the team.

I think drafting well combats that whole highly paid QB thing. Seatte and Baltimore paid their QBs but they haven’t drafted well

That don't mean squat Jimmy has already done more with less. Jimmy will also be an excellent QB in this League I'm sorry we couldn't transition to him.

Let's wait and see what he does in two full seasons before you put him in the hall of fame. We have seen this picture before. No doubt he looked good to end the season.

Let's wait and see what he does in two full seasons before you put him in the hall of fame. We have seen this picture before. No doubt he looked good to end the season.

I remember Brady's first start and press conference I remember BB saying "Don't put him in Canton yet.":D Brady has shattered a lot of records.:cool:

Garropolo was a free agent at the end of 2017 season. Why would anyone give up more than that for less than half a season?
They didn’t have to That long. Could’ve traded him during last offseason before the draft.

Sorry, but NO ONE is worth that $$$. Nuts. Having said that...yeah we got screwed on the compensation...especially since it is t even a top 2nd. 2nd and 3rd would have been fair.

I'm happy for my fellow paesan Jimmy G, and I wish him the best. I think he's going to do real well in SF. I wish the timing worked out better here, but there was no way he was here in 2018. I just wish they traded him at the draft last year when his value was reportedly (and I assume) much higher. It is what it is, and buona fortuna Jimmy!

It's ever so slightly more than what Matt Stafford got, and Stafford will never be a serious MVP candidate and has yet to win a playoff game. I think this is just the market for any QB who a team feels is a franchise guy now.
This. In a couple of years this will be considered a bargin.

Kirk Cousins sucks it's not like the Redskins didn't have decent talent on Offense he chokes every time in a Big Game. The Redskins will be doing themselves a favor if they move on from him.

Well, yeah, at least for 2017, it is exactly like the Redskins didn't have decent talent on offense.

Not sure what you are building by paying 27 mill a year to a green qb and making him the highest paid player in the nfl.
They now have the GM, coach and QB all on 5 year deals. That's a pretty strong platform to build from.

27M/Y with 74 million guaranteed for a guy with not even 7 starts of real NFL experience.

That's.... a lot of money. Good for him.
Not to be pedantic, but...he has EXACTLY seven starts of real NFL experience.

Good for Jimmy. Hope he has a long successful career.

There's still a ton of money on SF's table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes