PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jimmy G reportedly gets his deal:

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall the rumor was the Patriots wanted to extend Jimmy for ~20M/yr..

I think Jimmy has the intangibles that makes the other team members better.

Let's give a jimmy the.next two years and see where he's at. He has a lot of talent but we will see if he has it. Can the 49ers compete next year in the division? We will see.

It's going to be really hard. Garoppolo came into the league a significantly better passer than Brady did. He's already reached the point where opponents can see where he's going with the ball and still can't stop him from completing passes. The only significant weakness anyone's seen is that he doesn't set his feet properly for deep passes.
That can be an advantage if the accuracy is there. A lot of DB's read the quarterback's feet, so if he's doing something different down there, that can actually make him a bit more unpredictable. The problem is it'll also probably increase the wear on his arm, since he has to draw most of the force of the throw from his upper body.

Let's give a jimmy the.next two years and see where he's at. He has a lot of talent but we will see if he has it. Can the 49ers compete next year in the division? We will see.
The NFC west is going to be full of a lot of teams crowding the middle of the conference rankings. They have a lot of flawed teams with some talent and a lot of weaknesses, and two recent contenders (ARI and SEA) look to be settling back to earth next year. I think there's nothing stopping the 49ers frpom being competitive within that division with the weapons they have, especially if Jimmy G continues to be effective.

DVm9eI4UMAAp-DI.jpg
I can best relate to:
"80 Regular Season Games = $1,718,750 per game"
Assume an additional 2 Playoff Games per Season? = $1,527,778 per game.

"Thank God the pats traded him. Can you imagine after Brady we would have had to watch another decade of pats dominance."

This comment got alot of likes. They're laughing at us.

Keep seeing this dumb **** posted on Twitter

They forgot one stat. The amount of times each QB wore pig socks. :D

Semi kidding there but obviously using the NFL as a platform in the way he did has had its consequences.

JG has a lightning fast release, can read defenses and can get to his 2nd or 3rd read consistently. Kaepernick can't. However I do think Kaepernick could still play in the NFL if he wanted to and am not quite sure why he isn't. I think we are past the election, the kneeling and the political inferno that existed when Kaepernick raised his voice so I think or hope he would be able to play again if he wanted to.

FWIW: I supported his message but thought his delivery was too extreme or over the top to serve its purpose. I do recognize that he was just a young kid though and filter that in to my thought process.

If he's as good as they hope, he'll adapt. In any event, he will likely have been better than any reasonable, available alternative.

I don't think anybody fleeced or got fleeced here. Somebody was going to pay Garoppolo. The niners made sure it was them. Did they leave some money on the table? Maybe, but they decided that was a risk they were willing to take. Business decision. Only time will tell whether it was a good one or a bad one.

NFL defenses will have all off season to study Jimmy. During the season you cannot get in depth because of time restraints with the schedule. SF jumped the gun and this is another case of different team having a parade because they landed a Patriot player or coach.

Jimmy and agent played SF like a fiddle.

If Garrapolo can get SF to the playoffs next season it will be a really impressive accomplishment.

"Thank God the pats traded him. Can you imagine after Brady we would have had to watch another decade of pats dominance."

This comment got alot of likes. They're laughing at us.

Oh no, say it ain’t so? “ They” have been so right about so many things.

I’m terrified.

You should really go troll elsewhere.

Sometimes, you know, you just have to go with what your eyes tell ya. Otherwise, how can you draft a qb in the 1rst rd without paying him a hefty contract and low and behold, there's no NFL film on him? The only people who get taken to the cleaners are teams that give guys like Osweiler and Trubisky big money. Those guys obviously stink.

7 games of film.

How many times did he throw in those games? 241 times which is a small sample size. He is the highest paid QB now. Foolish and rochcist is retired like the guy in this vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back