PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets will release Kris Jenkins, Vernon Gholston, Damien Woody, Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he just got injured but Woody was still playing good football last season. He's not a fit for us, though.

The others are old, injury prone and useless

All four players should just retire.

Not really unexpected.

Speaking of the Jets cap, is anyone else cracking up that Mark Sanchez will earn $14.75M in 2011? Well Mark Sanchez is probably laughing about it more than I am.

Woody and Jenkins would be positive additions to the Patriots. Money and acceptance of lesser roles, of course, would be issues.

Last edited:
Those 4 save less on the cap than Harris costs under the tag.
Jets still at around 120mill with many unsigned players

The purge begins.

Jenkins was huge for them, once he went down, their defense was vulnerable up the middle.

Gholston is a nobody.

Woody/Taylor are old but do the jets have adequate backups to fill those spots?

Sign them all to veteran minimums and make them all captains for the first-game coin toss with the Green Beans. That would be hilarious.

3 players that are done and one thats never was, good job by the jets to save some cash

Kris Jenkins = Ted Washington Jr.?

Kris Jenkins = Ted Washington Jr.?

If he can play and he's affordable, why not? Until they have a massive, athletic front three again, they can always use a talented big guy.

Say we bring Gholston, give him a year, get him better under the right coaching, see how he performs at the end of pre season then if he is still here, see how he performs at the end of the regular season.

Gholston has a better chance of bagging your groceries than becoming a decent football player at the pro level.

Ive never seen him dog it, so while hes not effective many times he is trying. So you cant' say hes lazy.

My thinking is he's not lazy on the field but he may not be putting enough time in the film room and he needs to start using some new moves because that weak spin move is just making him look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes